TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I decided to take my first visit of the season today, and it might be my best trip to the park yet! The park was empty and it was raining in the morning. There were no lines at all that I waited on. The operations weren't great, but they were better than usual. The operations obviously didn't matter today. Some of the rides were occasionally closed during the morning, but all the important ones were running eventually. So I must give credit to the park for not giving up! The park was very nice and clean. I got to the park at about 10:45, and started riding things around 11:00. Later in the day, I met up with Coaster Studios and some of his other fans, we rode some coasters together, and we helped him film a few videos. I did have food in the park at Johnny Rockets, and it was one of the only places that was open, but it was decent enough. I also saw the lion and tiger cubs, otters, and baby goats. DO NOT MISS THEM!!!!! I finished riding things around 5:00, and left at 5:30 Here is the final ride list:

Sky Screamer

Swashbuckler - Slightly different cycle this year. It used to always finish with half a rotation, but now it ends with a full rotation.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom

Twister - Has a new cycle which includes 6 flips instead of 4.

Houdini - I was completely by myself, which was kind of weird

Bouldikus Skull Skank Poinsettia Peak Takis Mountain x 3 back row. I was VERY skeptical of how strong the drop would be in the back, but it really delivered. I now see the true love that the Skull Mountain cult is preaching about!

Nitro x 1 back row. Ran very well!

Batman: The Ride x 2 front and middle rows. This thing is FORCEFUL this year, especially with the wet track from the rain!

Dark Knight x 1

Kingda Ka x 1 front row. A little rough, but very fun. It had some technical difficulties, but it eventually opened.

Bizarro x 1 front row. It was pretty rough today, strange, it was a LOT smoother last season. Oh well, still a great ride, and I still "got twisted" I guess. That's what really matters.

Runaway Mine Train x 1 front row. I had a great ride on it. Classic Arrow mine train coaster. The ejector hill on it may take the crown for the best airtime on a kid's/family coaster away from Skull Mountain for me!

Superman: Ultimate Flight x 2 back and middle rows. More fun than I remembered!

EL TORO X 3 BACK, FRONT, AND MIDDLE ROWS. THE WORLD'S GREATEST COASTER WAS RUNNING FANTASTICALLY TODAY WITH ITS WET TRACK. TONS OF POSITIVE G'S, LATERALS, AND !!!!!

So this was a fantastic visit, and the perfect way to kick off the season!

EL TORO X 3 BACK, FRONT, AND MIDDLE ROWS. THE WORLD'S GREATEST COASTER WAS RUNNING FANTASTICALLY TODAY WITH ITS WET TRACK. TONS OF POSITIVE G'S, LATERALS, AND !!!!!

The homies and I had a Torotastic ride the other day as well.

12920414_1300046233346035_2313480356500116616_n.jpg.e3d46bde34e470e327233b768bc841ca.jpg

The homies were really sweaty for some reason.

Hey for you guys that work at the park can anyone tell me if guys are allowed to have a well kept short beard and longer hair to work at the park? Or do you have to be completely clean shaven? I tried searching for the correct answer but there is nothing that is really recent. I'm thinking about applying. Thanks in advance!

Probably taking a solo trip down to the park tomorrow so they can take my fingerprint. Only chance to get there before they go to weekend only hours and I don't want any problems re: bio-metrics when I visit SFOT next month. If anyone plans on being there and wants to meet up, feel free to message me.

^ So what you're saying you saw actual video proof of something, yet you are asking for confirmation? LOL

But yeah Ka can run with passengers if Zum is running empty. Its not entirely uncommon and I've heard of it happening a bunch and seen it once or twice myself.

Hey for you guys that work at the park can anyone tell me if guys are allowed to have a well kept short beard and longer hair to work at the park? Or do you have to be completely clean shaven? I tried searching for the correct answer but there is nothing that is really recent. I'm thinking about applying. Thanks in advance!

Yeah you have to be clean shaven. I believe a small mustache is okay but beards are a no go. For hair, I believe it just has to be your natural color and your hair can't go to your shoulders.

^ So what you're saying you saw actual video proof of something, yet you are asking for confirmation? LOL

But yeah Ka can run with passengers if Zum is running empty. Its not entirely uncommon and I've heard of it happening a bunch and seen it once or twice myself.

It's as simple as turning a key

Yeah I meant to be more specific, sorry. I saw a video of them testing Ka while people were riding Zumanjaro.

Think about it - if they are testing Ka, there is no one on it - no loose articles to fall on Zum riders. That is the issue. The state won't allow them to run together because of potential loose articles flying and injuring those on the other ride. Its the reason for the retracting roofs on Zum and the reason they don't both run with passengers at the same time. One can run with passengers while the other runs without.

The day of the commercial shoot they both ran simultaneously with riders on both. My video:

^They sent Ka over that fast with people on it?! I remember seeing them do it for TPR once, but I never thought I'd see it again.

Wasn't it supposed to go over the top hat fairly fast (to avoid rollbacks and hence the trims)?

Someone posted this on greatadventurehistory.com yesterday.

".....Also the joker looks amazing and when I contacted a park employee they said it will be opening in about 2 weeks."

How believeable is this? Although progress is going very fast I think 2 weeks is not realistic.

Someone posted this on greatadventurehistory.com yesterday.

".....Also the joker looks amazing and when I contacted a park employee they said it will be opening in about 2 weeks."

How believeable is this? Although progress is going very fast I think 2 weeks is not realistic.

i-saw-it-on-the-internet-so-it-must-be-real-gif.gif.1b55c3f34ca703b968af79d31d219cb5.gif

When is Macho Nacho opening?

You_know_thats_right.gif.85e14bc6073a9c67d2ebe098aa407bba.gif

. . .How believeable is this?

I mean it came from greatadventurehistory.com it's clearly legitimate. I have no doubt in my mind that Joker will be open to the public in 2 weeks!!!

I mean, really?? This is Six Flags we are talking about here. . . I highly doubt that this coaster will be up and running in two weeks. I'm thinking more towards late April.