TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ I think you're confused to what a "regional park" is. Great Adventure is no WDW or Universal. People don't plan their yearly vacations around visiting.

What are you kidding?! Jackson is beautiful tourist destination.

Kinda' like Staten Island.......

What would you call cedarpoint then?

^ Macho Nacho is the first bar. It opened last year and is located in Plaza Del Carnaval, near El Toro.

Thanks for the quick response!

No wonder I don't remember it, as it has been at least three years since we visited the park.

A bar near El Toro? Sounds like I've died and gone to heaven!

^ I think you're confused to what a "regional park" is. Great Adventure is no WDW or Universal. People don't plan their yearly vacations around visiting.

We're a borough of NYC people actually do things here besides go to an amusement park.

Liberty Pub (Ice-cold beer & wine) is I think the first bar, That's where I've got beer before when I've gone for Gay Day.

I think the Macho Nacho just serves mixed drinks or even just margarita's if I remember correctly?

^ Liberty Pub is just a stand that serves beer. Macho Nacho is the first proper bar. And if I remember correctly, it does have beer on tap. Photo courtesy of Great Adventure History.

858062652_2015_08_03_IMG_0602copy.thumb.jpg.ac56b80a6f20de9534bef5b6052bd062.jpg

Macho Nacho Bar

Edited by Genx24

We're a borough of NYC people actually do things here besides go to an amusement park.

All good! (Couldn't help myself!)

I can confirm Macho Nacho has taps as well as mixed drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc. Food is decent to good, too. Excellent addition, unless its really crowded. Then it can be a drag.

Liberty Pub is my spot. Nice little shaded seating away from the hubbub, nary a wait to be served, and they have 4-5 taps of decent selections and wine as well. And pretzels & turkey legs too (of course).

I can confirm Macho Nacho has taps as well as mixed drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc. Food is decent to good, too. Excellent addition, unless its really crowded. Then it can be a drag.

Liberty Pub is my spot. Nice little shaded seating away from the hubbub, nary a wait to be served, and they have 4-5 taps of decent selections and wine as well. And pretzels & turkey legs too (of course).

Yeah I like Liberty Pub! There is outdoor seating so that's why I just thought it was a "bar". I wish it was like Canada where you could buy shots at a stand in the middle of the park!

No longer away from the "hubbub" as you know!

^ Eh, even with the fountain/main street/Skyscreamer/etc currently right there Liberty Pub still usually goes unnoticed by most. I still think even with the Joker there Liberty will remain a quiet little solace for us that don't like waiting more that 2-3 minutes for a beer to enjoy in the shade. Not worried in the slightest.

Cool...I am sure that we would check out all of them if we go!

In my experience at Liberty/Macho/BOTW beers are usually $8-9, not bad if you compare to a sporting event or concert (or you're used to city prices like myself). And believe it or not I don't think I've ever gotten Bud/Coors/Miller anything at the park, though I'm sure they have it, I usually find stuff like Summer Shandys, hard lemonade, Red's Apple Ale, hard ciders, etc. The park usually has at least one-two decent things on tap at each establishment, sometimes bottles of stuff not on tap if you ask. And the mixed drinks I've gotten at Macho have not been weak.

One Week Guys!!!!

I am this close to coming in super early to work next Wednesday just so I can finish everything I need to and bounce down the turnpike to get there in time for opening. I CAN'T HELP IT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

(Those gifs aren't helping either. )

^ All next weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) is going to be tough for me to get out there, but Ive been watching the weather for Wednesday like a hawk (pointless, I know, but I can't help it). Looks good right now. Sunny and 60, I know it can change.

My sis is at home with my 2.5 yr old nephew daytimes right now so asked if she wanted to head over with him opening day (so she can take him on the few kiddie rides open while I marathon The Bull all morning). ALso want to see if he's tall enough for Dark Knight and/or Skull yet. Only coaster he's done is RRR. I just about have my shift covered so if weather doesn't let me down I'll be there first thing in the morning, will have to leave by 2-3ish. Naptime for the kiddo. :/

So itching to ride right now tho. The recent decent weather is NOT helping.

My sis is at home with my 2.5 yr old nephew daytimes right now so asked if she wanted to head over with him opening day (so she can take him on the few kiddie rides open while I marathon The Bull all morning). ALso want to see if he's tall enough for Dark Knight and/or Skull yet. Only coaster he's done is RRR.

IIRC, The Dark Knight has the same height requirement as Road Runner (42"); if he's been on RRR he should be able to get on TDK without any problems, as long as he's okay with the darkness and potential jump-scares at 2 and a half. I'm just happy my big kid has finally crossed over the 44" threshold so he'll be able to get on Runaway Mine Train, Skull Mountain, and Skyscreamer without any potential problems or meltdowns this season.

Hopefully he'll hit that growth spurt soon so I can introduce him to the pure joy of El Toro, though!

He scares kind of easily so I'm not 100% sure how he'll do on Skull and TDK, especially with the pre-show. Wish Crazy Train was open as I think he'd be fine on that. We'll see how it shakes out. This time next week I plan on planting my ass in the magic seat for some long overdue extreme air.

Have I heard correctly that we can have him measured at Guest Relations so he gets a wristband to not have to deal with any hassle at the rides themselves? Thanks.

Oh crap I didn't even realize opening day is on a Wednesday. I thought I was going to have to wait until the summer since my new job is Thurs-Sun with 12 hour days. Nice surprise! I've been watching the video that El Toro gif is from all winter in preparation

Have I heard correctly that we can have him measured at Guest Relations so he gets a wristband to not have to deal with any hassle at the rides themselves? Thanks.

Yes. Just go to the rides information booth on the right hand side near the fountain, just past the character photo op.