TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I tried to make sense of this, but I just couldn't. "I don't like the park." So. . . "I tend to go every other year at the most." But... "Given the amazing experience I had last year, I hope to abstain for 2 years this time, maybe 3." . . . . WHAT?

He was laying it on pretty thick there... Sounds like he had a pretty awful experience last year.

After finally getting out to Magic Mountain, this park is on the top of my must visit list next to Dollywood. Hopefully I have a better experience, because those coasters look incredible.

Moving on, any word on the piles of gravel?

They were topped with a light dusting of snow yesterday morning.

A couple of pebbles fell of the top of the pile too due to the wind.

Do we know if the pebbles of gravel that fell are okay?? Or are they are going to be suing Six Flags for not providing enough barriers from the wind?

Moving on, any word on the piles of gravel?

They were topped with a light dusting of snow yesterday morning.

A couple of pebbles fell of the top of the pile too due to the wind.

Do we know if the pebbles of gravel that fell are okay?? Or are they are going to be suing Six Flags for not providing enough barriers from the wind?

Actually, it was a sign from Six Flags Great Adventure about their next attraction. The two pebbles represent the two syllables of the type of ride, which would be "t-rex"

They're getting creative with their hints. Good thing we have TPR sleuths here to keep us informed.

The park posted another construction update video last week. I looked back over the last week of posts and didn't see this anywhere, apologies if I somehow missed it in the deluge of recent VR discussion.

new map of the park. Another novelty is that Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train changes its name to HARLEY QUINN Crazy Train

https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfgad_park-map.pdf

Thanks for the map, been waiting for them to update it. The name change for BBLTT to Harley Quinn has been rumored for a while, I'm not at all surprised. Also new eatery near Joker - "Villians Cafe". Was that building anything before? I'm drawing a blank. Happy to see Liberty Pub hasn't gone anywhere, considering its the only place in the park to get a beer without waiting at all. Also interesting is Panda Express doesn't actually have the name listed, just the logo, I thought for sure it would be a Chop Six this year with all the PE's at other parks changing over. Maybe its still to come.

Also looks like Old Country has been (kinda) absorbed into Movie Town?

DO NOT QUOTE ME!

Too late.

Also do we have a new sushi place in the Boardwalk!? Ichiban Teahouse? If its new I've never once noticed it before. I am a little concerned about the quality of sushi one would get at a SF park LOL but color me intrigued.

Also do we have a new sushi place in the Boardwalk!? Ichiban Teahouse? If its new I've never once noticed it before. I am a little concerned about the quality of sushi one would get at a SF park LOL but color me intrigued.

It's definitely not new. I stopped there a couple times last season because they sold bubble tea. Never been brave enough to try the sushi, though.

^ That's what I get for sticking to the same 3-4 spots when I eat/drink there. (Macho Nacho, Nathans, Liberty Pub, etc)

Also just because someone is going to ask - is Harley Quinn considered a new credit?

Edited by boldikus

I'm pretty geeked that a coaster in the park now has the words "Crazy Train" in the name. I like that ride a little more now because of that.

It's the little things, guys.

For real though I got excited that on the new map Skull Mountain has its waterfall on, then I checked last years map and it was on there too. Let's see if they actually have it running this year. #priorities

I'm knowledgeable about coasters and how they work, so don't give me crap for a "GP" sounding story.

I went on Skull Mountain and my dad's legs are bigger (height wise) than mine, so the lap bar only went down to there, while I had lots of room. Since it's a ratchet restraint and there is only one per row, that made me slide around a lot! I tried to go hands up one of the rides I took, and on the drop... I ALMOST FLEW OUT

Luckily I grabbed the bar quickily, or else "airtime" would have a new meaning to the press... My scariest coaster experience, ever. Has that ever happened to anyone else? I can't find any pictures of the train from the front, so I can't confirm there isn't a seatbelt.

I'm knowledgeable about coasters and how they work, so don't give me crap for a "GP" sounding story.

I went on Skull Mountain and my dad's legs are bigger (height wise) than mine, so the lap bar only went down to there, while I had lots of room. Since it's a ratchet restraint and there is only one per row, that made me slide around a lot! I tried to go hands up one of the rides I took, and on the drop... I ALMOST FLEW OUT

Luckily I grabbed the bar quickily, or else "airtime" would have a new meaning to the press... My scariest coaster experience, ever. Has that ever happened to anyone else? I can't find any pictures of the train from the front, so I can't confirm there isn't a seatbelt.

Sounds like we have a new member of The Cult. Welcome, you'll like it here.

And no there is no seatbelt. And that's the way we like it.

Genx24 and I once rode Skull Mountain without the restraint being fully locked in. Once we hit the brake run I pushed up on the restraint and it just opened fully. We are both full grown , I'm 6'2 and weigh 210 pounds so both of us holding down on the restraint must have kept it from opening during the ride

Genx24 and I once rode Skull Mountain without the restraint being fully locked in. Once we hit the brake run I pushed up on the restraint and it just opened fully. We are both full grown , I'm 6'2 and weigh 210 pounds so both of us holding down on the restraint must have kept it from opening during the ride

Yep. When we pulled back into the station, the bar just flew open before they unlocked them. Don't know how it didn't fly open during the ride, but thank the lord it didn't.

Edited by Genx24