TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Gotta be honest. Nitro's paint doesn't bother me.

If I were going to paint something I think the 2 things that need it the most are Superman and the Skyway cabins. Superman (unlike Nitro) is really prominent right near the park entrance.

They should scrape some gum off the brake run while theyre at it. Nothing like look down at a 12 year old piece of gum for the 10 minutes they usually make you wait while loading/unloading trains.

As I was saying, Nitro's paint (or lack of paint) doesn't bother me either. It's just an example of something that probably should be fixed. I'll still take new things like HITP or a new coaster (or just keeping El Toro in the park) any day though because that's what I'm really there for.

Rather ironically, Chiller and GASM were both painted in 2007. Great investments!!

I don't remember Chiller being painted in 2007. I know it was repainted around 2002 with the darker track and support colors, but am not remembering a 2007 repaint.

I'm pretty sure they repainted Chiller in 2005. At the time, I don't think the park thought either of the two rides would be leaving anytime soon.

New coaster in 2017 would be great but I dont see it happening, I think HH will get a new slide next year and maybe GA gets a new flat ride or something.

HH needs one of those body slides that the floor drops out. Do a new tower with 3 slides would be cool.

Got to give people a reason to buy combo passes. Then in 2018 I think a new coaster could happen.

Rather ironically, Chiller and GASM were both painted in 2007. Great investments!!

I don't remember Chiller being painted in 2007. I know it was repainted around 2002 with the darker track and support colors, but am not remembering a 2007 repaint.

I'm pretty sure they repainted Chiller in 2005. At the time, I don't think the park thought either of the two rides would be leaving anytime soon.

This is accurate- 2005 was when Chiller was repainted. The modification of the tracks took place in 2007....it didn't help the issues, sat dormant that summer, then was taken down.

So being the geek I am I contacted the park about Coasters After Dark (if you don't know it was the parks AWESOME "annual passholder night") since it has yet to pop up anywhere on the website, my passholder app, or the passholder portal on the website. They finally responded.

I am kind of butthurt about this. The park used to have passholder nights a few times a year, the last two years we've been down to this ONE, 4 hour night each year to have the place to ourselves, and now (unless they do something in the fall, which we all know they probably won't) we won't have any at all. I know it was a complete ghosttown the last two years (due to potentially bad weather both years) but this is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Way to appreciate your passholders, SFGAdv.

NOMORECAD.jpg.c73bc607b43bfe1ce86040935ec4a284.jpg

Edited by boldikus

Man, that stinks about CAD, but understandable. The park was dead the time I went, so the park was most likely taking a loss. Probably the same reason they got rid of Fright Fest Fridays in September.

Yeah the last two years it was completely dead, almost eerily in certain areas. But that's what made it so great! LOL

^ OMG

It's really like only losing an hour of Coasters After Dark. It likely would have been on April 29th and the park is open from 10:30 to 8:00. Even if the park is open to everyone by 4 to 5 the schools will be gone and it should be empty. With the schools there I went during the day of Coasters After Dark a few years ago and waits were 10 to 15 minutes before they left for the day.

^ I'm thinking it would have been on Physics Day, like its been for the last couple of years. This years its the 22nd and the park is not open to the public that day.

The last two years I went from 6-9 and we had zero waits for anything. Walk ons and re-rides all night on everything. The only thing last year there was a wait for was like a 3 train wait for the front row of Ka. I rode El Toro 8 times without getting off the train (and Nitro the year before 5xs in a row in the back without moving). Bizarro walk on front row, same with Supes. Rerides on everything. So I get why this year they are not bothering with it.

I know I'm being a little spoiled whiney brat but this was the best night of the year to go to the park for serious riding. Anyone who has gone knows. Again, what I'm most disappointed about is the park had multiple passholder nights a few years ago and now we're down to a big fat zero.

I never had much interest in the event but if there was only a 3 train wait for row 1 of Kingda Ka I really wish I would have gone. I probably would have just be power riding that all night in the front just because you never have that opportunity any other time.