TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

To the mod that updated the subtitle of this thread.

You're welcome! I sometimes wonder if regular Park Discussion readers notice stuff like that.

Always. Its why I love it here. Well one of the reasons. I had a feeling it was you.

It's so annoying how most coaster enthusiast just hop right to the point and scream "OMG! A new coaster!!" When they have no idea what's going to happen there. A lot of people did this on this thread and I'm not surprised that people know they aren't going to get a coaster next year, we're getting one this year anyways, and Six Flags is never like that, unless it's a coaster expansion like at SFMM, which they would of already announced if it ever happened. Well get ready for some of you to be disappointed that we aren't getting a coaster next year. (I'm not 100% sure of that but I know it's not happening next year because Six Flags is rather cheap.)

I laughed out loud when I read it. Best one I've read in a while.

Pile of gravel FTW!!

So now that I'm paying attention to details (missed the discussion thread title change!) Why are the time stamps on posts one hour ahead?????

It definitely seems like S&S and RMC are the frontrunners for Six Flags' coasters in the coming years. A year or two ago I would've included Premier, but F. Throttle and Superman were 3 and 4 years ago. You'd think SF would've installed something else from Premier at this point, could be wrong though.

One thing that could be making S&S seem more appealing to Six Flags at this point over Premier is, possibly the operating costs of a 4D (ala Joker, Batman) are lower than the Premier launchers which have LSMs.

I hope SFGadv installs more coke freestyle this season. Having only 2 in the park is pretty sad. The lines to get drinks inside that little stand is brutal. and it never has ice. Sfne has like at least 5 of them.

What I would love to see them do is actually make the freestyle stands free! I could go to a Wendy's or McDonalds and get free unlimited refills of a Coke Freestyle machine if I wanted! Although, I do understand where the park is coming from, they want to persuade people to buy the green or red souvenier cups.

I hope SFGadv installs more coke freestyle this season. Having only 2 in the park is pretty sad. The lines to get drinks inside that little stand is brutal. and it never has ice. Sfne has like at least 5 of them.

I'm felling real dumb right now, not knowing where the second location is. Then again I usually forget my refill cup at home.

I'm felling real dumb right now, not knowing where the second location is. Then again I usually forget my refill cup at home.

No worries Larry, I think what he meant by there being 2 Coke Freestyles, is that there are two machines in the same building. Only one location next to the main fountain.

No worries Larry, I think what he meant by there being 2 Coke Freestyles, is that there are two machines in the same building. Only one location next to the main fountain.

thank you biker for clarrifying

OK thanks, like I said I never used the Freestyle Machine at SFGAdv since I kept forgetting my cup this year, I only used the refill cup at other SF parks.

I think all establishments that sell Coke products should have a freestyle machine. I mean where else can you get peach mello yello?!? #nom

Peach Mello Yello is

I prefer Grape Mello Yello.

Let's be honest.. we just all prefer Mello Yello regardless of the flavor chosen.

I wonder if the trains are gonna be the same color because I'm not sure S&S did the trains after the retheme, so we might see the same color trains as TM at the park, I'm just wondering if they painted it green and purple

That there hasn't been any sighting of the train yet, I'd presume it's either still being built, or being repainted to coordinate with the re-theme.

I mean it's not like they decided the day of the announcement to retheme it that they finally informed S&S. I'm sure the decision had been made before anything was painted or nearing that process, and they were just waiting for final approval and for the trademarks and everything. They're not repainting any freshly painted track--lets be honest, they won't even pay for new paint after 15 years with Nitro.