TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ I can see Blackbeard being re-themed, but I don't think they'd go full Gotham City. Unless they made everything from Joker all the way to B:TR and Nitro part of Gotham as well, in which case, that would be a huge section. And it still wouldn't be cohesive, because no iteration of Gotham City I've seen has ever had a giant skull in the middle of it.

I highly doubt they'd even think of something that extensive because of one ride, too. They put Supes in the boardwalk and then added Green Lantern later but there's still no other themeing outside of the ride queues themselves. Hell, Supes only got some informational standees. Green Lantern at least got a plane. The park did away with cohesive themes a loooooooooong time ago.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

^ Oh yea, I know that it isn't going to happen, because knowing the parks track record, it would fall to pieces within months. I was just envisioning a scenario in which they did take this course of action. And even in that scenario, it still doesn't make sense.

This is the reason I love TPR. I think the people in this board put way more thought into the theming and planning of Great Adventure than Six Flags Inc. ever has.

I could a imagine Six Flags Corporate meeting on theme goes like this:

1. Can we use a DC comic hero/villian? Yes

2. Will it cost alot of money put a DC Comic hero/villian on it? No

3. Can we put it on a T-shirt and other merch? Yes

GREENLIGHT!

^ Most likely. That station stood vacant for almost a decade, and all of a sudden they remove it now, and in February no less. Something is definitely going there, and it's about time.

Yep...even if it isn't a T-Rex, that is definitely confirmation SOMETHING is coming to Old Country for 2017. I doubt they will build a show building right next to TDK, so considering the plot of land, it will be something big. T-Rex looking more and more likely.

It would make sense to keep it. The queue is actually in pretty decent shape having walked through it firsthand last fall for Fright Fest. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I for one am just excited to see some sort of progress down in the former Old Country section.

^ I can see Blackbeard being re-themed, but I don't think they'd go full Gotham City. Unless they made everything from Joker all the way to B:TR and Nitro part of Gotham as well, in which case, that would be a huge section. And it still wouldn't be cohesive, because no iteration of Gotham City I've seen has ever had a giant skull in the middle of it.

I highly doubt they'd even think of something that extensive because of one ride, too. They put Supes in the boardwalk and then added Green Lantern later but there's still no other themeing outside of the ride queues themselves. Hell, Supes only got some informational standees. Green Lantern at least got a plane. The park did away with cohesive themes a loooooooooong time ago.

And the plane was an old prop from "The Right Stuff Mach 1" ('84- '99).....

Wow, I feel kind of glad I got to see the Chiller station back during HITP. Part of me was hoping they'd keep it for the rumored T-Rex dueler, but y'know, I can't complain.

Also, regarding the Blackbeard/Harley Quinn rumor, I'm totally on board with that. It makes a lot of sense considering the placement of Joker. It's also one of my son's favorite rides, and he really likes all the DC characters, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled

Definitely looking likely we are getting the first all-steel RMC. Two questions for you guys:

1) How closely do you think RMC will follow the concept layouts for the final design?

2) Considering it would be RMC's first steel coaster (besides SC), and considering Chiller's footprint isn't super big, hoe likely do you feel we get the Raptor design instead? I actually prefer the Raptor concept layout in many ways compared to the T-Rex, and I feel the more compact nature could prove to be the more thrilling design ala Maverick. A slightly more expanded Raptor concept layout would compliment our lineup beautifully.

Super excited to see more progress in the Old Country, within the next 5 years that whole side of the park is going to look completely different.

Actually, regardless of what goes in Chiller's footprint, give it only one more year before it looks completely different. Management has said they want no dead areas, which explains the Lakefront and OC being targeted for renovation. The Lakefront should look great this year with Joker and the wide open view of the lake, and next year I fully exoect OC to be completely re-done with a new coaster as the centerpiece.

It's been years, basically since Chiller was removed, that the park felt complete. But with a decade of slowly adding flats, a new family coaster (TDK), a new drop tower, and at least 1 totally renovated area (possibly 2 with OC/new coaster), the park is really rounding into form. Joker adds some meat to our lineup, and an RMC would propel us to possibly the best 1 or 2 coaster parks in the entire world.we are very, very lucky that SF has given our park this level of attention over the past 20 years.

Really surprised that they kept Chiller's station this long if they just decided to tear it down. I always thought that they would reuse it. My heart tells me new coaster or large investment next year, but my brain tells me Justice League (which is technically a big investment, but not as exciting the more times they clone them)

Yes, it is curious they tore down the station now after leaving it vacant for almost nine years. But to me it signifies that the park has something big up their sleeve. I don't think they would put Justice League in that spot because I can't see them spending the money on a new show building, especially with the old Simulator building still standing empty as well.

My gut says it has to be a coaster. If it were a small addition, they could have waited to tear the station down. But the fact that they brought it down now screams 'BIG', imo.

Regardless of what it is, I have to echo what some others have said; it's going to be great having Old Country revitalized in the coming years.