TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Has nobody said anything about how this ride's rebranding is due to an error with RMC painting the tracks the wrong color?

Is that a assumption, a joke, or are you actually being serious?

I'm being 100% serious

Nobody had said anything about the ride being rethemed because The Jolly Green Giant and Grimace broke into the park, shat on the track and changed the colors either.

image.gif.53954bf3b2c1f0927797c3da821a62e1.gif

Has nobody said anything about how this ride's rebranding is due to an error with RMC painting the tracks the wrong color?

Is that a assumption, a joke, or are you actually being serious?

I'm being 100% serious

Nobody had said anything about the ride being rethemed because The Jolly Green Giant and Grimace broke into the park, shat on the track and changed the colors either.

Post Of The Month

dt

Is all the a banter now done over color and name change?

<-----if so, "now back to our regularly scheduled program"........

Bummer, I had high hopes for some quality reading this morning. Yesterday this thread was total mayhem.

internet.gif.1b8fa4ea3d43642eed83e8595dc024b0.gif

The good news is that anyone who preferred the old color scheme needs only to wait a year or two before it finds it's way back to the Joker cars. Let's be serious we all know damn well why they chose those colors, lol.

As I said though I don't care about the name or color.

image.jpg.a94cd68a2af4520a80eb53e8587e7e0d.jpg

image.jpg.5b48381813f17cbfc333687381286688.jpg

I LOVE the retheme!! The name Total Mayhem was painfully generic, especially at an SF park with some of the most original-named rides (El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro). Now, obviously The Joker is not original, but it is far less cheesy, has a solid theme, and the colors are lightyears better than Total Mayhem's were. It should look great as the first thing you see while entering the park, especially with those colors aling the lake.

BTW- I thought the post that "someone" went off on coneyislandchris was stupid......

I'm like many "regulars" on this website- passionate/interested in Theme Parks, whom enjoy "taking a break" and reading opinions, posting news, etc......yes- sometimes we get carried away, bantering about a name change or color of a track, so be it!

Just to add fuel to the fire- stating my opinion (again) on Total May- ahhh, I mean- The Joker in 2016:

- If the majority of the GP likes it, and it drives profitability, then guess what- great! Even better if it shortens the lines for me to go on El Toro and Nitro more frequently! (as another "regular" posted earlier this week)

- I LOVE speed and heights, not spinning rides! So this "announcement" was a letdown for me personally (blah! blah! blah!- "spoiled SFGA local", "I live and Guam and would kill for one of these"- WHATEVER!!!!)

- And to really piss you off, this is as much a roller coaster as Looping Drag- ahhhh, I mean, El Diablo is!

Good day!!!!!

Or Maybe the Joker re-theme ties into a future addition...Something like The Joker causes mayhem @SFGADv in 2016, then a crime fighting team shows up to put an end to Jokers chaos...it's Batman & Robin RMC dueling T-rex 2017!!!

Or Battle for Metropolis.

Or Maybe the Joker re-theme ties into a future addition...Something like The Joker causes mayhem @SFGADv in 2016, then a crime fighting team shows up to put an end to Jokers chaos...it's Batman & Robin RMC dueling T-rex 2017!!!

Or Battle for Metropolis.

If either of these ideas come to fruition, I am 100% SOLD!

I haven't been on this site in days and I log back on to see all hell has broken loose over a few track color changes and a name change. It isn' that serious.

As for the name change, Six Flags is gonna Six Flags, no need to get mad over it. Still going to be a great ride regardless.

Seams to me SFGADv and SFMM would be the last two parks to get the Justice league ride, I could of also swore I've read not long ago SFMM stated they turned down that idea b/c it doesn't fit the parks clientele of coaster lovers and b/c of Uni/Knotts/Disney doing those types of rides much better.

Also what about the dueling coaster being shown before RMC even announced it in one of the SFGADv parks surveys and RMC saying that the model has already been sold. Who else could be the buyer if SF was showing it in a survey before it was even announced by the company producing it.

It's totally possible SFGADv would get the dark ride, whatever it is, I believe that is the main reason behind the name change and not just b/c of left or paint or RMC painted the track in the wrong color.

I haven't been on this site in days and I log back on to see all hell has broken loose over a few track color changes and a name change. It isn' that serious.

As for the name change, Six Flags is gonna Six Flags, no need to get mad over it. Still going to be a great ride regardless.

Maybe you need to leave a few more days and come back b/c I don't see all hell broke loose over the color change, from what I've seen it's welcomed. As is the name change, I've seen more people saying the original Total Mayhem name was lame and the colors being compared to Twix and McDonald's so yeah that's my suggestion js

Maybe you need to leave a few more days and come back b/c I don't see all hell broke loose over the color change, from what I've seen it's welcomed. As is the name change, I've seen more people saying the original Total Mayhem name was lame and the colors being compared to Twix and McDonald's so yeah that's my suggestion js

Interesting considering I just read pages of freak outs and memes over people arguing about the name and color change. I never said once I was sticking up for the original name so I don't know what thread you're reading.

Interesting considering I just read pages of freak outs and memes over people arguing about the name and color change. I never said once I was sticking up for the original name so I don't know what thread you're reading.

I don't know what thread you're reading either b/c I didn't once say nor insinuate in my post that you were sticking up for the original name, just what I've seen being said about the original name and color scheme