TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

How accessible is SFGAdv from Philly and NYC by car? I'm spitballing plans for Summer and SFGAdv is on the radar... Any plans would be centered around being in Philly for the US Men's Copa America match on June 11th... Flights to NYC from Chicago seem like they might be $80-100 less and more numerous vs going into Philly... Curious if dealing with traffic headaches from NYC might negate that however...

Extremely easy. Take the NJ Turnpike from either city to I-195 east. It's 10 miles east of the turnpike. Same distance from both NY and Philly, pretty much the dead center of NJ.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

Its about an hour from both NYC and Philly. Depending on when we go if traffic is really light we've gotten there in 40-45 minutes and I'm practically in downtown/center city Philly. Sunday mornings are the best, if we take the backroads we are there in no time.

Probably in the minority here, but that purple and green looks a hell of a lot better than the ketchup and mustard originally shown. Also, two straight years GAdv has changed the name of their new addition, that's pretty interesting.

Probably in the minority here, but that purple and green looks a hell of a lot better than the ketchup and mustard originally shown. Also, two straight years GAdv has changed the name of their new addition, that's pretty interesting.

You are not the minority it looks a lot better. It will really pop out against the lake. Personally I love the change.

It looks great but it just seems out of place, they should have put it around Chillers area so it would fit in with the Batman theme.

That's what I was thinking...oh well.

It seems that it will be a great ride after hearing reviews from SFFT! Can't wait to ride!

The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2016

Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Masterminds Plot to Seize the

Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. ─ January 27, 2016 ─ Chaos reigns supreme at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2016 as one of the world’s most iconic DC Comics Super-Villains commandeers the park’s 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, The Joker.

Earlier this fall, the world’s largest theme park announced “Total Mayhem,” which quickly became one of the world’s most anticipated new coasters of 2016. But behind the scenes, criminal mastermind The Joker was secretly plotting to take over the new 4D, free-fly coaster and name it as his own.

“The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest DC Comics Super-Villains ever created. Only someone with his warped sense of humor could provide this level of insanity ─ or spinsanity ─ with a new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below ─ just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

The unique design of The Joker features:

· Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design

· One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track

· 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles

· Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels

· A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift

· Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2016, and join the ranks of all legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure.

For more information about the 2016 season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

12552560_10156523755420370_7530257009340170116_n.jpg.91c32386811c63bc1f25fc08d09a83f7.jpg

12439144_10156523755620370_4271665614713517205_n.jpg.2766bb6a899023bf8e3ad8c24c6bd987.jpg

12592353_10156523755470370_7370384395093766098_n.jpg.6b07ca3ede8f8f1772c2b8b02ccc2961.jpg

12592711_10156523755580370_3916917144820182277_n.jpg.34e54b5c184b403cc9fd5647113b20db.jpg

12645017_10156523755495370_2247113661828633730_n.jpg.d901bd9118b5434cc37a513d8947de20.jpg

12647031_10156523755705370_5878007399028961265_n.jpg.57444b3be4b171064e61ff58418d0813.jpg

12647459_10156523755525370_4963902823316940497_n.jpg.5e2f6a10bf048283b037faa2c0da5cd7.jpg

Yes! It looks much better than the ketchup/mustard track. I'm digging it.

It looks great but it just seems out of place, they should have put it around Chillers area so it would fit in with the Batman theme.

Doesn't feel any more out of place than Bizarro in Frontier Adventures or Superman and GL in the Boardwalk.

I think it's a better theme than the more generic "Total Mayhem."

I know this guy agrees with me.

Edited by cfc

It's not like the old colors were that great either, but I really don't like the purple and green, and I really liked the name Total Mayhem. But what's the point of complaining? SF gonna do SF

P.S. still a WAY better name then Val-f*ckin-ravn.

I think it's a better theme than the more generic "Total Mayhem."

I know this guy agrees with me.

I had a feeling this clip was coming when I saw the name had changed.

To all the people complaining about the name or ask why, first of all, who cares? Instead of complaining about it, why can't people just be happy the park is getting a big new ride? And as someone who worked with licensed properties most of their life, I can tell you it can be difficult getting everything approved and maybe this was one of those cases where the park knew what they wanted, but it was the licensor that held things up.

It's not always "the parks fault" you know. Again, stop the complaining!!! It's so annoying! The ride looks great!!!

From the passholder newsletter they just sent out, it appears the track is on the construction site.

jokertrack.JPG.b71542b70f6378130b3f447f8a8b8785.JPG

"Crews have completed the groundwork along Lakefront and the foundation for the new ride is finished. We've also received all of the two-tone purple and green pieces of track that will soon be crafted together to create a smooth and unique ride experience."

Supposedly there will be more photos and updates at https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/new-2016/construction -- but at the current moment, all I'm getting is an "Access denied" page when I click on the link. Oh well! Bookmark it for future reference.

Edit:

To all the people complaining about the name or ask why, first of all, who cares? Instead of complaining about it, why can't people just be happy the park is getting a big new ride?

I *am* happy the park is getting a big new ride! The only complaint that I do have about it is a common one in regards to Six Flags parks, and that's the fact that they're reusing the same name for different rides. It just gets annoying constantly having to qualify which one you're talking about. "Yeah, I rode the Joker last weekend. No, not the RMC, the Batman: The Ride clone. No, that OTHER Batman: The Ride that's not like any of the other ones. And next week I'm going to hit up Goliath..."

But honestly, it's a minor price to pay for having easy access to awesome rides, and it's not going to change the actual ride experience any, so no harm done!

Edited by coneyislandchris