TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So now that the year is over... SPECULATION!!!

Harry over at GAHistory had this photo from his latest trip report:

The Asylum terror trail has been completely removed. I don't recall how long it's been there, but it has definitely been there since at least 2013 (according to Google Maps). It's not something I've ever heard of being removed and rebuilt before, either.

Thoughts on if this is related to a smaller refurbishment project of some kind, or the beginning of something great?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm sticking to this until evidence suggests otherwise: Dueling RMC T-Rex.

He is right, you know.

SFGAdv IS going to get an RMC. Not a question of if, only when. And when it does, I hope it feels like a more "complete" coaster than Goliath, maybe more along the lines of Lightning Rod, and I sincerely hope it's not going to be a dueling coaster because that would all but ensure a weeny, tiny layout.

SFGAdv IS going to get an RMC. Not a question of if, only when. And when it does, I hope it feels like a more "complete" coaster than Goliath, maybe more along the lines of Lightning Rod, and I sincerely hope it's not going to be a dueling coaster because that would all but ensure a weeny, tiny layout.

Not necessarily, especially if it's a single track dueling coaster like TC. And even if it is short, I'm fine with that. We have multiple long, complete circuit coasters with substance. I feel Chiller really completed our lineup those two years it was open after El Toro was built. An RMC launched coaster would be a sensational attraction regardless of length, and would be one of the very few coaster types to actually be unique within our lineup. I definitely feel it would put us in the convo with SFMM and CP as the best coaster lineup in the world.

I would love them to build something where Chiller was. I honestly thought that Old Country was probably my favorite area at the park during HITP and seeing all that queue and former station untouched was kind of a bummer. I doubt that they would do a major coaster in that area right after building Total Mayhem, but then again it could be possible especially if they do a big overhaul of that area.

Would love to see a summer show in that theater, a new flat ride or two, new food and games in the existing buildings and a major attraction where Chiller was. I hope this would happen, but I doubt it.

I would love them to build something where Chiller was. I honestly thought that Old Country was probably my favorite area at the park during HITP and seeing all that queue and former station untouched was kind of a bummer. I doubt that they would do a major coaster in that area right after building Total Mayhem, but then again it could be possible especially if they do a big overhaul of that area.

Would love to see a summer show in that theater, a new flat ride or two, new food and games in the existing buildings and a major attraction where Chiller was. I hope this would happen, but I doubt it.

Only reasons I feel it's a possibility for 2017 is...

1) They have talked about one of their major focuses being refurbrishing and reopening dead areas of the park. This year, it was the Lakefront. The next logical step is Old Country.

2) Even though SF has skimped on huge additions every year, GAdv has been one of the most spoiled. A nice flat package in 2012 with Skyscreamer, expensive and expansive renovation of the safari in 2013, record breaking drop tower in 2014, HITP and El Diablo in 2015, and a new coaster for 2016. By the eye test, the park had a huge 2015 season attendance and profit-wise, with HITP also doibg very well. I feel there is a good chance SF makes one final big investmenr for 2017 to round things out before a few "down" years.

3) They did send out a survey with the T-Rex animation months before the T-Rex concept was announced, with the ride themed to Batman. The footprint of the coaster + the proposed theme would fit perfectly in that location.

It might be a stretch for 2017, but by 2018 I do expect a new RMC installation at the park.

^^^^^^^^-------------about Old County/major coaster installation in this section of the park.......

"It is what it is!"- however, something like Total Mayhem doesn't do it for me this year (I've been bashed for this attitude earlier on this thread- so no need to do it again! )

That said- I'm very anxious for a major installation at SFGA, as I LOVE IT when my hometown park got the likes of a Kingda Ka and an El Toro! Can they afford a major investment for a major coaster? Does it make biz sense in this day in age? Who knows/got me! Bottom line- I'd love to see it!!!!!

Love the speculation BTW! Looking forward to more comments from you guys!

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet but the 2016 schedule has been posted. There are now two bonus weekends in November so they won't take a break at all, and most importantly Holiday in the Park will return!

Sweet! Here's to 60 spring weather again in NJ next November and December! Let the speculation begin as to whether they expand the event to encompass the whole park! (I'll go on record as saying doubt it, as the payroll $$$$ vs. attendance numbers wouldn't be worth it right now)

I think Blackbeard & Total Mayhem are a given next year for holiday in the park. If they don't expand to Frontier Adventures I hope at the very least they have round trips on the Sky Ride! I heard many enthusiasts and regular park guest comment about not be able to see the lights from Sky Ride.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet but the 2016 schedule has been posted. There are now two bonus weekends in November so they won't take a break at all, and most importantly Holiday in the Park will return!

Love this. There's only eleven weekends this entire year that have no operating hours at all. Short of being in a climate that would allow for year-round operation, this is pretty much as good as it can possibly get.

I think they expand to include Blackbeard and Total Mayhem... That's it. Staffing is hard to come by and why increase your overhead for no reason? If they never expand it and keep bringing it back in its current form I'd be beyond thrilled.

I agree with this. Aside from including these two rides next year, I really don't foresee them expanding into new areas of the park. I'm more curious about modifications they make to the decorations / entertainment lineup.

I think Blackbeard & Total Mayhem are a given next year for holiday in the park. If they don't expand to Frontier Adventures I hope at the very least they have round trips on the Sky Ride! I heard many enthusiasts and regular park guest comment about not be able to see the lights from Sky Ride.

You might be on to something! *wink wink* But I wouldn't expect Blackbeard. That thing saddles more than anything.

You might be on to something! *wink wink* But I wouldn't expect Blackbeard. That thing saddles more than anything.

As for Old Country, as much as I would love an RMC of any kind, and a dueling T-Rex would be absolutely insane, I'm not too sure an RMC is coming very soon. There will definitely be some renovations coming to that area in the next few years. Personally I would love to see a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis built in the 4D Theater's old spot in the boardwalk, as a great dark ride would make the park feel complete (and be another indoor ride for HiTP)! 2017 feels too soon for another coaster, but who knows!

As for Old Country, as much as I would love an RMC of any kind, and a dueling T-Rex would be absolutely insane, I'm not too sure an RMC is coming very soon. There will definitely be some renovations coming to that area in the next few years. Personally I would love to see a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis built in the 4D Theater's old spot in the boardwalk, as a great dark ride would make the park feel complete (and be another indoor ride for HiTP)! 2017 feels too soon for another coaster, but who knows!

For some reason I also feel that 2017 is going to be a very big year, then again I thought 2016 was going to be a big year too. Not saying I don't want total mayhem, just thought we would've gotten something else.

Hey guys I'm going to great adventure some time this year for the first time. I'll be going for 3 days. When would you guys recommend to go? What rides develop longer lines then others? Is flash lane worth it? And is there any good resturants near the park?

For some reason I also feel that 2017 is going to be a very big year, then again I thought 2016 was going to be a big year too. Not saying I don't want total mayhem, just thought we would've gotten something else.

Cool- you are in my camp! Just come out and say it- Total Mayhem is a disappointment! We are selfish and think that we deserve another game changer like El Toro and Kingda Ka were!!!!

Hey guys I'm going to great adventure some time this year for the first time. I'll be going for 3 days. When would you guys recommend to go? What rides develop longer lines then others? Is flash lane worth it? And is there any good resturants near the park?

- Go during the week, and if at all possible, while school is still in session. Monday through Thursdays, May/June.

- Kingda Ka and Superman probably generate the longest lines, with El Toro, Nitro, Batman, and Zumanjaro not too far behind. It all depends on the day, though.

- Flash Pass FTW, especially if you're not going to be back anytime soon. If you're going to be there for three full days, you may be able to do Flash Pass on one day and skip it the other two, depending on your budget and crowds.

- Honestly, no. Not within a ten-minute drive. If you are willing to drive:

- Plumstead Grill - Plumstead NJ

- Esconditos - Freehold NJ

- Several chain restaurants off of both exits 5A and 28A off of 1-195.