TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I might be visiting Great Adventure sometime next week. Does anyone know if they are still running Batman backwards, or is it back to normal now. I was there for Fright Fest when they were running it backwards and was just curious if this was to be continued for Holiday in the Park.

I believe the ride is running forwards again.

I'm shocked to see that much done by this point! Must be the nice weather.

I imagine that once all the footer work is done the rest of the ride should go right up. I'm hoping that they learned their lesson with zoomie and are starting construction a little earlier. Perhaps they will still open the ride on memorial day weekend but have it ready to open much sooner.

While Holiday in the Park is a great diversion from the norm up here it is nowhere near the level of Smoky Mountain Christmas. The lights are good but pale in comparison to Dollywood, employees are friendlier than normal. Highlight til now has been the waffle cart.

Lines aren't too bad yet and I'm about to catch the Jack Frost show.

It was a bonus to see Total Mayhem supports in the boneyard and it looks like all footers are in place.

IMG_20151228_141827.thumb.jpg.ffac4ed659060151ea21f4d4a91b41ac.jpg

Edited by larrygator

I'd wait until night time to make a determination on the lights, personally I think they're on par with Dollywood but Dollywood has a lot more of them and they're not as concentrated. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Dollywood but not by much. I think the area where Dollywood blows Great Adventure away at Christmas is the shows but for what it is, Jack Frost is fun.

Well, to search for clues to future additions, we need to look at a few manufacturers with good relationships with Six Flags, look at there products, search for any markers that could help us with the product they will be delivering. And then we will be able to see what we might be getting. Possibly a Justice League?

I'd wait until night time to make a determination on the lights, personally I think they're on par with Dollywood but Dollywood has a lot more of them and they're not as concentrated. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Dollywood but not by much. I think the area where Dollywood blows Great Adventure away at Christmas is the shows but for what it is, Jack Frost is fun.

I ended up staying until it was dark (Although I didn't ride anything between 4PM - 5:30PM), and didn't think the lights were bad, just not as prevalent as Dollywood's The Jack Frost show did keep me entertained.

Is Flash-Pass open today?
When I passed by at 3:15 it was not open.

Maybe they are only having Flash Pass available on days they expect larger crowds. It was open on Sunday (and not the Sunday before that) although not many people were using it (I did see 1 person using Platinum). They didn't even have the available list of rides posted.

Finally making my way down to the park tomorrow. The fact that I'll be able to ride a coaster in the North East on December 30th is still mind-blowing to me, and making my anticipation for this visit reach a fever pitch. Thanks, global warming!

So who's closing out the final weekend of the season IN JANUARY!?! I will most likely be there Friday and Sunday. Anyone in agreement that even tho sunny skies are predicted that it will be pretty quiet Friday? At least in the afternoon?? I mean its New Years Day - I'm thinking many hangovers and of course in Philly its the Mummers parade. I'm thinking/hoping it should be quiet. Looks like it was deserted today. I am so itching to get some good riding in and of course that coveted Pointsettia Peak credit LOLZ. And eat a damn waffle!!!

Oh and in case you all forgot THE OFF SEASON IS LESS THAN 90 DAYS. CAN I GET AN AMEN? 90 FREAKING DAYS TIL WE RIDE THE BULL AGAIN!