TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Yes FP is still available but seems no one is using it. From experience and reports, the lines for coasters aren't bad if you go early in the day. Even later most people are going for the lights, food etc with most of the coasters a short wait.

Looks like I also might be up there Saturday afternoon for a bit. Need a Nitro/B:TR/SM fix.

That can only mean that they are making more money now and have no excuse for not building a fury-killing-giga coaster

We'll see about that...

The success of this event is great news, because Great Adventure already draws in more revenue than the majority of the parks in the chain, even some that are open year-round. So hopefully this event will inspire them to revamp some abandoned/neglected sections of the park. I wonder if S&S 4D Free Spins can operate in cold weather, couldn't find any info, but Total Mayhem would be an awesome addition to the rest of HITP's line up. I've also heard some rumors that El Toro could possibly run at next year's HiTP... only time will tell

^ Yes FP is still available but seems no one is using it. From experience and reports, the lines for coasters aren't bad if you go early in the day. Even later most people are going for the lights, food etc with most of the coasters a short wait.

Looks like I also might be up there Saturday afternoon for a bit. Need a Nitro/B:TR/SM fix.

You are right, but it depends on what is considered a short wait to each. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I had some 45 minute waits when it got dark. Some 30. Walk-ons early in the day though.

Anyone else from here doing HITP tomorrow? High of 66!

We'll be there in the afternoon til early eveningish.

If Rikki is working I might swing up during that time, too. I really need to take advantage of this extra time we have with the park, because I know if I don't, I'll really regret it once the off-season hits, even if it is shorter this year.

Agreed about getting it in while I can. I feel the same way - like now or never! With the next few weekends dedicated to holiday crap and this freak spring weather we're getting tomorrow and Sunday I need to get some rides in now as I'm not sure I'll even get to the park at all before the end of the year.

I'll keep an eye out for ya. We're taking the nephew like the last few times so we'll be in the Safari Kids/Nitro/Movietown area for the most part.

Sorry for the doublepost but just had to make sure everyone caught Stephen Colbert riding Nitro while yapping about Moby Dick. LMAO

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Sorry for the doublepost but just had to make sure everyone caught Stephen Colbert riding Nitro while yapping about Moby Dick. LMAO

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

HA! Every time a Six Flags employee tries to make me remove my glasses I'll bring up this video on my cell phone.

The park is extremely crowded although not surprising with the weather. From riding Nitro, the line of cars to get into the lot is backed up to the toll booths after you get past them (and a long line to get to the toll booth). Nitro's line is almost to the switchbacks. Crowds were low until around 3:30. Even Air Jumbo had an almost full queue when I walked past it earlier.

Even when leaving the park after 6, there were long lines to get tickets and the amount of people walking in the parking lot towards the park was something I had never seen before (maybe on a Saturday during Fright Fest it is also like this?). Same thing with the cars entering, the line to the parking booths was gone but it was a steady amount of cars entering.

Today marks the first time I went to the park and rode nothing. At least my nephew got on a few of the kiddie rides but man was it packed. Like Fright Fest level of packed. Unfortunately our day hit some snags early on so we didn't get there til 5, and it was a wait to get passed the toll booth, a wait to get into the lot, a huge ridiculous wait to get through security (30+ minutes), followed by a healthy wait to get in the main gate. I did manage to get my 2016 pass processed so that's nice that it's out of the way. But yeah no way was I waiting for food with insane waits like that, though we did finally spot the waffle place by the fountain. Smelled good, menu looked awesome. But oh man so packed. The only coaster line I checked was Nitro and it was into the switchbacks. Super bummed there aren't more places to eat and that they are so understaffed. We left at 7 and went to Wendy's. Feels weird to have gone and not ridden anything but not surprised with the weather that it was that packed. If the kid wasn't with us would have been a mandatory flash pass day for me. Didn't even make it over to Boardwalk. I have high hopes for next year but (maybe I'm just spoiled going so frequently) I can't deal with the park crowded like that.

Edit: some photos

01.thumb.jpg.69da476bf3c7adaeb1b425f52f74f88b.jpg

02.jpg.d27ce848620e567d686e02b98dc427fc.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.ce14dc47942eb2c8f1913fe16ae7c8a8.jpg

05.jpg.b7a8820acfc554c7233fb76644be57ab.jpg

06.jpg.2cd11715aa616b04515d48c260eea898.jpg

07.jpg.84ec314fcbbde7e047635baa0fe65b71.jpg

08.jpg.5cb7482c451dff13c8b6f10642e99242.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.340e2fe498fb4666c369617737920ea5.jpg

09.jpg.d0c6a1dc26623574d75d9e94e5bf0ca0.jpg