TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

You know you don't really have to love the new ride, right? If you don't like the ride, good, lines of the other coasters in the park will all get shorter.

I never said I love the coaster, I just said it was a good addition for the park. I know it will help pull lines from other rides which will help.

The only issue I have had with an addition in the past ten years was the Bizarro conversion. I understand why they did it (to maximize the IP agreement) but it was done half-ass and should not have been a key addition for an off-season.

Since you mention that, as they're retheming SFNE's Bizarro back to Superman, do you think it's likely that they'll follow suit at GAdv and take it back to Medusa this season?

No. Bizarro is fine the way it is. No way the park would pay to paint and retheme it back to Medusa since no one but a handful of enthusiasts would care. Though I do agree they could use something else back there to revive that area. But where? With that arena, RMT, SFOA's station, the flume, etc They couldn't really put anything back there without removing trees, no? And that would be lame. I just hope they don't get rid of Bizarro at some point, I could see them eventually relocating it because it rarely has a line, but that works for me since its IMO one of the more solid coasters in the park.

If Bizzaro gets relocated it won't be in somewhere in Great Adventure. It would probably go to a whole new park in general. Then they could just put floorless trains on Green Lantern.

You know you don't really have to love the new ride, right? If you don't like the ride, good, lines of the other coasters in the park will all get shorter.

I never said I love the coaster, I just said it was a good addition for the park. I know it will help pull lines from other rides which will help.

If someone does not quote you don't assume they are responding to you. It only creates unnecessary drama.

If Bizzaro gets relocated it won't be in somewhere in Great Adventure. It would probably go to a whole new park in general. Then they could just put floorless trains on Green Lantern.

I didn't mean inside the park lol like they would pay to move it to somewhere else ahaha - I mean to a park that would eat it up - St Louis, SFA, etc.

And I honestly don't think the dispatches would be so bad if they actually put a crew back there that hustles, since it seems like they just put the laziest employees back there. And STOP with the 3 train operations. I don't get why they do that - even when its DEAD like at Coasters After Dark the park was literally empty and they have three trains going (AND STACKING BADLY) on Bizarro. Makes no sense to me.

I'm not a big Bizarro fan, but it does fill one unique void in the park. I'm taking my friend the weekend after Labor Day who's never ridden a looping coaster before. Bizarro seems like the obvious choice to start with. Batman is too intense, Green Lantern has a learning curve to riding it without pain, Superman is stupid, boring and uncomfortable. Bizarro may still be a little big and intimidating, but since the park doesn't have an old Schwarzkopf or Arrow, it wins because it's smooth and comfortable and gives a good "baseline" experience for what it's like to go upside-down on a roller coaster.

Edited by neil009

It's funny because enthusiasts don't seem to give Bizarro any love but my GP friends seem to LOVE it. I'm not sure why that is but I know for sure its my other halfs favorite coaster in the park - she wants only ever wants to ride when I actually get her to go with me, she could care less about any other ride there (tho I think we have a new Z:DOD fan in her). She says Bizarro is interesting but not over the top intensity.

As stated, I really feel like its one of the most solid coasters in the park. It has an old school feel to it - its borderline intense but also smooth and pleasant. I like that the layout is almost graceful and sweeping from one element to the next. But at the same time its not boring. The only headbanging I ever get is after the cobra roll into the MCBR and I know to expect that so it doesn't bother me. Its a great night ride when all of the effects are on which in my experience is more often on than not on.

Related, earlier this year while next to board the train pulling in to the station were chanting "FIRE!" and the guy dispatching trains asked if the fire worked and they all screamed back "NO!!!" and he asked if they wanted to go again and of course they all screamed "YES!" and he did.

It's funny because enthusiasts don't seem to give Bizarro any love but my GP friends seem to LOVE it. I'm not sure why that is but I know for sure its my other halfs favorite coaster in the park - she wants only ever wants to ride when I actually get her to go with me, she could care less about any other ride there (tho I think we have a new Z:DOD fan in her). She says Bizarro is interesting but not over the top intensity.

As stated, I really feel like its one of the most solid coasters in the park. It has an old school feel to it - its borderline intense but also smooth and pleasant. I like that the layout is almost graceful and sweeping from one element to the next. But at the same time its not boring. The only headbanging I ever get is after the cobra roll into the MCBR and I know to expect that so it doesn't bother me. Its a great night ride when all of the effects are on which in my experience is more often on than not on.

Related, earlier this year while next to board the train pulling in to the station were chanting "FIRE!" and the guy dispatching trains asked if the fire worked and they all screamed back "NO!!!" and he asked if they wanted to go again and of course they all screamed "YES!" and he did.

I've never ridden Bizzaro, but I've ridden Scream, and honestly I loved it. I think they both suffer from the fact that they're both in parks with so many great coasters, if you stuck Scream or Bizzaro in a park like SFSTL you'd have a monster hit on your hand.

Bizzaro is definitely a solid ride. I wouldn't call it smooth, it has gotten considerably more rough and rattly over the years. But I enjoy it nonetheless as it has decent forces with a nice backdrop when going up the lift hill. The theme is piss, nothing was better than the old Medusa color scheme.

Agree to disagree there. The theme I could care less about, but I love the colors of Bizarro - I have a thing for blue and purple. Although you can now see the old Medusa paint as the purple/blue slowly chips away.

I think it's funny that people only have "high capacity" and "low capacity" in their vocabulary, as if it must be one or the other.

This will be a "medium capacity" ride, and that's ok. No, it's not the 1500 an hour that beemers and old Gen Arrows got, but it's also not the 200 an hour of a Togo standup. It will be a slightly longer wait, but most of the line will not be at this ride anyhow for so long as KK exists. It will be fine.

Completely different post from the current discussion... hopefully I'm not breaking up the flow.

I am headed to SFGAdv for the first time on Saturday, October 3rd. I will be out on the East Coast on business, and got a flight home for that night, and thought I would head over right at opening and get as much riding in by 4 or 5pm. A few questions for you park veterans out there:

1) Is the park generally crowded earlier in the day on Fright Fest days?

2) If I will only be in the park 5-6 hours, what is the best park strategy? Does it make sense to run to Kingda Ka first?

3) Speaking of KK - does it generally open at park opening?

4) I am not a season passholder (I live in Utah...) Outside of getting tickets on the SF site online, is there another cheaper option for a one-day ticket for Fright Fest?

Looking forward to visiting the park! I've wanted to visit for years...

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

Agree to disagree there. The theme I could care less about, but I love the colors of Bizarro - I have a thing for blue and purple. Although you can now see the old Medusa paint as the purple/blue slowly chips away.

It will go back to Medusa without them even meaning to do it.

Completely different post from the current discussion... hopefully I'm not breaking up the flow.

I am headed to SFGAdv for the first time on Saturday, October 3rd. I will be out on the East Coast on business, and got a flight home for that night, and thought I would head over right at opening and get as much riding in by 4 or 5pm. A few questions for you park veterans out there:

1) Is the park generally crowded earlier in the day on Fright Fest days?

2) If I will only be in the park 5-6 hours, what is the best park strategy? Does it make sense to run to Kingda Ka first?

3) Speaking of KK - does it generally open at park opening?

4) I am not a season passholder (I live in Utah...) Outside of getting tickets on the SF site online, is there another cheaper option for a one-day ticket for Fright Fest?

Looking forward to visiting the park! I've wanted to visit for years...

Thanks in advance for any advice provided!

1. Expect the worst for lines. It should be better in the morning, but crowds will still be heavy.

2/3. Kingda Ka is a bit unpredictable. Ive seen it open over an hour late more than once. While opening would be a good chance to get it 'out of the way', you risk waiting as long as you would have mid-day for it to open. Most people go directly to KK or ET. You might be able to get the entire right half of the park with minimal waits if you head in that direction.

4. Some days you can donate blood in return for a free ticket. I personally couldn't do a theme park post blood donation, but if you can and its being offered that day, its an option. Dunkin Donuts, Wendys, and McDonalds have coupons.

You've stumbled upon their New for 2017 Teaser Campaign. It will be like the puzzle campaigns Six Flags did a few years ago, only in real-time. Point a webcam at Bizarro, and piece by piece (chip by chip), Medusa will reveal herself.

You've stumbled upon their New for 2017 Teaser Campaign. It will be like the puzzle campaigns Six Flags did a few years ago, only in real-time. Point a webcam at Bizarro, and piece by piece (chip by chip), Medusa will reveal herself.

I've been thinking about adding a TPR account for a while now and finally got around to it.

Trip Report

I left my class at college and got to Great Adventure a little after 11 and was pleasantly surprised at the fact no one was there. I have to say it was also interesting at 1st because it was also my first time going to any amusement park alone. I started the day at Nitro and only had to wait one train for the front. I had a great 1st ride and got to stay on 5 more times before the station filled. I slowly made my way back as I rode 2nd row, middle, back, and the row in front of the back. I have to say I like the front on Nitro better than the back and I like the back on most rides better. I'm not to impressed with batman backwards, it felt a little uncomfortable and i rather just face forward. I hit skull mountain and then walked across the park to El Toro. Its funny because the parks was so empty the longest line I saw all day was for the Skyway. I jumped on El Diablo as I got to the area right when it was starting loading with no wait(still think its a waste of space) I got 2 rides on the back of Toro before I waited for the front for the 1st time. Up to then I had only ridden the back. After the front I was aloud to stay. on for 5 more rides in varying locations(my longest el toro marathon. When I got to Kingda Ka I got to jump in front of people to join another single rider who had 2 friends in the 2nd row. No other row compares to the front to me now on Ka. The walk to Zoomanjaro is a hike in itself and I got straight on and off in under 10 mins and went back to Ka. Once again I was happy to see the same single rider waiting for the 2nd row with his friends in the front. I learned that being a single rider has a lot of perks as I passed at least 25 people to go up and ride with him. Went back to toro and got d=some more rides and in the middle went and rode Bizarro. On my 13th ride on El toro I was sitting in the back on the 1st airtime hill when a phone came and smacked right into my arm then fell. I got back to the station with a huge red rectangle on my arm. I rode Toro one more time and left at 4. SO if you live near Great Adventure i suggest heading in and getting some rides. All in all I picked a great day to go.

Nitro(6x) Batman,Skull mountain, El DIablo(1) El Toro(14x)I have pics of an empty El Toro Station Ka(2x) Bizarro and Zoo(1)

Also for the new ride I heard mixed thinkings from people tallking about it. Me personally can't wait to ride it, but I would have rather had a nice RMC on the lake after riding wicked cyclone this past month