TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

What's so insanely stupid about this is it's just history repeating itself. Example: remember how much everyone bitched about Tempesto for MONTHS....seriously, that BGW thread was nothing but complaints about the ride, the size of the ride, the capacity, the lines, the color, the theming, etc, etc, for MONTHS and then it opened and guess what? People loved it and you don't hear any complaining about it anymore.

FFS people. Shut the hell up. Wait until the official announcement, and like, you don't have to be "happy" about it if you really feel that strongly about it, but at least go out and ride the damn thing and give it a chance before you waste pages and pages and pages of internet space making pointless comments.

There, I've said it...

ps. And as obnoxious and poorly worded as I found chickenbowl's comments to be, at least he's ridden the damn ride. The rest of you? You're just being annoying.

Edited by robbalvey
  • Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

^^^ I realize there are many body types, but I found both the seats and restraints comfortable, in fact I sat on the train for over an hour during a rain storm and never once did I wish I was sitting somewhere more comfortable. If you didn't like it, it's ok, not everyone will like every ride, but it doesn't make a ride a POS, maybe, less desirable than the others in the line up.

And Like Robb said, I appreciate that you've ridden it and formed an opinion that way.

There's no way this is fake, and if it turns out to be, I'll be amazed. I'm excited but it's not really what I wanted. Hopefully it's a good replica of a zipper because if it's anything like them, I'll love it.

You know, most other parks out there would love to have something like this: a compact, smooth, relatively low cost coaster that's highly marketable, and instead of praise for Six Flags finally installing something that complements and adds to the existing line up, the people here get pissy because their 500ft inverted hybrid aquatrax with 20 inversions isn't being built.

I don't get why a new coaster has to be about being the biggest or baddest among enthusiasts. It just needs to be fun, and that's when it becomes a winner, and from what I heard, these things are just a mess of pure fun and enjoyment for everyone which I'm sure is what the park wanted. There'll be a time for a longer and bigger ride, but I think Six Flags is doing something great by putting in a ride that the whole family can enjoy.

Anyway, while this bitching is happening now, I have a feeling most of you will be among the first ones at the park when this opens to the park, and we'll hear nothing but positive reviews.

It's going to revitalize the Lakefront and do so with minimal tree removal. I think it's an ideal fit. I'm even happy they're not trying to shoehorn some dumb theme to it, keeping it Cedar Fair-style. Now I'm just excited to hear about anything else that's planned.

Edited by michaellynn4

I still find Batman to be a very good ride...while short, the ride is very comfortable and super intense in a good way! This is a solid addition and the line moves very fast despite how low capacity it seems to be. Just build a short queue

I just rode Batman again this past weekend. It's a coaster you can ride again and again. It's different each time. The seats are comfortable and I never had a problem with it. The ride itself is smooth. I don't understand the complaining.

Edited by Mrlittle

Since the ride appears to have the FuII Throttle tent at the front, I wonder of they'll have a FuII Throttle stage with performers as well. Believe it or not, it's one of the best things MM has added in recent years. It gets guests attention, and the dance competitions are fun to watch. People love live entertainment, regardless if it's cheesy and/or campy.

Wait . . . Great Adventure is a "world class" park? What are the prerequisites??? Now, while it does have its fair share of coasters I, personally, wouldn't quick to consider it among the ranks of a world class park.

Now . . . Let's get back to the clone lol.

My thoughts exactly. Easy with the world class talk people. Anyway, this will take lines away from El Toro which is always a beautiful thing.

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows, but its Six Flags remember? New coaster will be fine, just thought Gadv would go for the 10 inversion one.

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows

Let's be honest, at a park like Great Adventure, does "theming" really come into play? Enough to really make someone "disappointed?" Really???

I mean, what is El Toro themed to?

What is Kingda Ka themed to?

What is Zumanjaro themed to?

What is Nitro themed to?

And most importantly... WHO CARES?!?!?

Even the Batman, Green Lantern, Bizarro, etc, rides, you're looking at minimal theming that is mostly cut-outs and a few statues. Does the theming really affect those rides...AT ALL!!?!?!

The theming is disappointing from what the video shows

Let's be honest, at a park like Great Adventure, does "theming" really come into play? Enough to really make someone "disappointed?" Really???

What is Nitro themed to?

Even the Batman, Green Lantern, Bizarro, etc, rides, you're looking at minimal theming that is mostly cut-outs and a few statues. Does the theming really affect those rides...AT ALL!!?!?!

After I posted it, I thought about that point peep the edit

Edit: Nitro is in fact themed to a junkyard, you can't tell from the queue line?

As a wise man at Cedar Fair once said, the less money spent on theming that doesn't enhance the ride experience, the more money we can spend on the ride. I'm all for a minimalist theme if it means more money can be spent on my overall park experience.

^^^Those first three actually have pretty decent areas/stations surrounding them. Nitro's station blows chunks though - to be honest, I think it makes a difference. Not in the ride at all - Toro could be in the damn Sahara for all I care - but in the park just being an enjoyable place to spend time.

I didn't expect a theme, period, so I'm not disappointed at all. I'm really excited to ride this - the video definitely makes it look ugly as crap with the colors they chose (can we hire the people from HGTV next time or something?) but the reviews from Batman are all super positive so I expect nothing less here.

As a wise man at Cedar Fair once said, the less money spent on theming that doesn't enhance the ride experience, the more money we can spend on the ride. I'm all for a minimalist theme if it means more money can be spent on my overall park experience.

Except this is Great Adventure, and the money they saved will go nowhere - including the ride.

Ride the bull!

The legendary mythological coasterlionjunglebeast!

Zoom! Also, Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcanic mountain!

What is Nitro themed to?

Metal! Industrial! Bad things! Rust!

Certainly not me. I have to go to bed, this thread is too much.

Guess we have to see in a few hours if it's real or not. Honestly it looks great, I'm currently stuck in Europe for the next few years but the East Coast starts to call me with this, Just adds more confusion where to start America of when the time is there. I like the color scheme allot, if the Joker leak of SFDK is real Six Flags sure knows how to use 2 colors for a ride.

WOW some of you guys seriously need to chill out. It's a new coaster, and most are saying it's a good one. I heard some (on other sites) complaining about the possibility of a 10-element model because it would be too nauseating, then complaining this version is too short. There's really no pleasing everyone, especially when it comes to Six Flags.

Speaking of, this is totally sow thing I could see Six Flags doing. Personally I think it's real, whether or not it's the final version. The website is a bit sketch, but it did mention season dining passes for use at every SF park which pretty much makes up for this

Anyways, if you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. Ride it before you complain and at LEAST wait for the official announcement.

The theming does not matter because seriously when has Six Flags does theming well in the last decade? It might be a cheaper route, but I'd rather something unique and interesting than say an X-Flight clone.

Ahh, and just because it's a clone (potentially) DOES NOT mean it isn't a unique ride for 99% of park visitors. Will you enjoy the ride less because there's the same ride in Texas? If so, find a new hobby and stop posting here.

Honestly I'm underwhelmed but still it'll be a great ride (hopefully). I would've thought that since it's been 10 years since our last headliner, we would've gotten something huge. This isn't really huge but it's still something thrilling that I'll ride. And for whoever said the enthusiast name, it should be TWW (Twister With Wheels)

Since the ride appears to have the FuII Throttle tent at the front, I wonder of they'll have a FuII Throttle stage with performers as well. Believe it or not, it's one of the best things MM has added in recent years. It gets guests attention, and the dance competitions are fun to watch. People love live entertainment, regardless if it's cheesy and/or campy.

You're correct, Great Adventure will be getting a live show experience similar to Full Throttle Nights at Magic Mountain. Personally, I find the show a lot of fun! (Although I'm incredibly biased)

Haven't been to Great Adventure in quite a few years, but this new coaster looks pretty neat. Anything besides a Six Flags neutered Zac Spin is a good thing!

Where was the six flags trailer music originally from? The starting part always reminds me of the twelfth doctors theme a little bit. Around the 2:20 mark.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by Garet