TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

I'm making the trek down there tomorrow since it is my last full week off before I go back to work. Hopefully there will be some progress to photograph.

Hopefully this will have made its way back

Its the only clue we have.

If S&S can build a 220ft version of Batman from SFFT, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. In fact I think it would look great adjacent to the lake. I may be in the minority, but I would rather it be a free spin than have those spinning mechanisms throughout the ride. I'm pretty darn pumped for this announcement.

Hey everyone, long time lurker here.

I had an interesting experience today at the park. My sister and I arrived at 6:00pm and every ride was a walk-on. Because of this, we went on Superman, which I usually skip. Our train was full of middle school aged kids and after one lap, they started chanting "One More Time!" over and over as the train pulled into the station. My sister and I didn't partake since we knew their chanting wasn't going to do anything since every seat aisle was full. But the attendants checked out restraints again and let us go another lap even though there were a lot of people waiting in the line. I mean it was pretty great for us but I've never seen that happen at any park lol.

Just thought it would be fun to share.

A 4D coaster makes more sense at Gradv from a marketing standpoint than anything else. It's like what do you add in a park that already has a stellar line-up? There's not much the GP who goes to Gradv hasnt already seen. They have one of the biggest, baddest launched coasters in the world. One of the biggest, baddest wooden coasters. An award winning hyper. Almost the entire catalogue of B&M looping coasters, multiple family coasters etc

While yes, an RMC, Premier launcher, Wing Coaster, or Giga are what the enthusiasts want. A 4D will probably give SF more return on investment than the others. A 4D will attract attention, while simultaneously fitting into Six Flags' parsimonious portfolio

I had an interesting experience today at the park. My sister and I arrived at 6:00pm and every ride was a walk-on. Because of this, we went on Superman, which I usually skip. Our train was full of middle school aged kids and after one lap, they started chanting "One More Time!" over and over as the train pulled into the station. My sister and I didn't partake since we knew their chanting wasn't going to do anything since every seat aisle was full. But the attendants checked out restraints again and let us go another lap even though there were a lot of people waiting in the line. I mean it was pretty great for us but I've never seen that happen at any park lol.

Aww man, you guys got lucky. Whenever I get the last train of the night on Kingda Ka (which actually happens a lot lol ) I always start a "one more ride!" chant but the ops never do it . And to think I was deciding whether or not it was worth it to go that to Gadv that day

Aww man, you guys got lucky. Whenever I get the last train of the night on Kingda Ka (which actually happens a lot lol ) I always start a "one more ride!" chant but the ops never do it . And to think I was deciding whether or not it was worth it to go that to Gadv that day

Many NJ schools started school today.....so you picked a great night!

Tomorrow is the big day. Im going to put my final bet on the 220ft freespin. The extra capacity really fixes the biggest issue the ride had at Gadv. My #2 guess is the premier launch coaster.

As a Gadv native, I've got my fingers crossed for the launcher.

^ Same thoughts on all points. Less than 24 hours to go, I'm kind of excited! Freespin or not, as long as it's a coaster or big addition I'll be happy as it will make the lines for Toro and Nitro shorter (hopefully).

They normally do these announcements early as hell don't they?

Well I certainly won't be getting up early for this but it will be nice to check it out over coffee when I do roll out of bed. This time last year it was more or less confirmed that the Looping Diablo was coming, I love that we really have no sure idea this year!