TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was also wearing a blue shirt, but I'm not in boldikus' photo. The guy you were with, was he wearing an Iron Rattler Shirt?

^By the way I don't think SFA is *that* bad. It's certainly not it's brother up north, but it's a nice park. They just need a better lineup IMO

I wasn't with him, but I did see him waiting for the last row early on. Neither of us wear coaster shirts (and he's only a borderline enthusiast ). I probably saw you at some point though.

I have to agree about SFA. Its my home park and it's definitely getting better/less easy to make fun of. One more really top tier coaster like an El Toro clone (or an RMC) could make that a good lineup, along with more two train ops and some trees.

Boldikus, I'll probably make it to SFA one more time this season during/around Fright Fest at some point. Let me know if your plans work out, but yes definitely get to Hershey before SFA lol.

Please don't mention RMC and SFA together! Knowing six flags they will end up giving wild one the treatment instead of roar!

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

^I actually think SFA would be an awesome park for a ground up RMC. With Discovery Kingdom getting Roar renovated and Wild One being a pretty good ride (and a terrible choice for RMC), I don't really think either are good candidates.

Nice seeing old friends and meeting boldikus at the ERT.

^ I am interested to see if how this Roar West iron horsing will affect SFA and Roar East down the line.

Would SF/RMC use the opportunity to give Roar East a completely different layout? Or the exact same layout (doesnt seem likely knowing RMC)? Or will Six Flags continue to ignore SFA and not do anything to Roar including not giving Roar East SFDK's Millennium Flyer trains lol? If they even think of touching Wild One I will go down there and flip the entire park over.

Great America has started dropping hints and GADV is still pretty silent. Its funny that when they were announcing Bizzaro they had a full viral marketing shtick. In recent years, Im not sure they have teased any of their additions. Perhaps somebody who paid more attention to Zoomie's announcement can share if they teased it or not.

Come on, Six Flags. Its the middle of speculation season. Throw us a bone here!

I wasn't here during Zumanjaro's construction/speculation, but I did read through multiple pages of these forums yesterday out of boredom. The park was silent, but everybody knew what it was for the most part with certainty. This time we have a pretty good idea on what's coming, but the park isn't saying anything. I agree, I want some teasers!

The "leaked" image:

There's no way THAT is what the supposed new hotel would look like. It looks like a second-rate college dorm.

I'm doubtful if that image has any credibility. BUT....this does seem like something Six Flags would do. Place 25-50 rooms in the center of the park everyone will notice it, and advertise it as "sleep inside the park." That will increase demand, and with the low number of rooms, the price would skyrocket well beyond a hotel of that stature.

Six Flags dishes out the money for a 2 star hotel, and can charge a 5-star price.

I was also wearing a blue shirt, but I'm not in boldikus' photo. The guy you were with, was he wearing an Iron Rattler Shirt?

^By the way I don't think SFA is *that* bad. It's certainly not it's brother up north, but it's a nice park. They just need a better lineup IMO

I wasn't with him, but I did see him waiting for the last row early on. Neither of us wear coaster shirts (and he's only a borderline enthusiast ). I probably saw you at some point though.

I have to agree about SFA. Its my home park and it's definitely getting better/less easy to make fun of. One more really top tier coaster like an El Toro clone (or an RMC) could make that a good lineup, along with more two train ops and some trees.

Boldikus, I'll probably make it to SFA one more time this season during/around Fright Fest at some point. Let me know if your plans work out, but yes definitely get to Hershey before SFA lol.

Please don't mention RMC and SFA together! Knowing six flags they will end up giving wild one the treatment instead of roar!

They better not touch Wild One at all lol.

The only real teasers we've received in recent years were from last year with the picture hints the park tweeted out for (then) Looping Dragon, Batman Backwards, etc. Zumanjaro, the Safari, Adventure Alley, Green Lantern, all of these went without any hints/teasers from the park.

I'm doubtful if that image has any credibility. BUT....this does seem like something Six Flags would do. Place 25-50 rooms in the center of the park everyone will notice it, and advertise it as "sleep inside the park." That will increase demand, and with the low number of rooms, the price would skyrocket well beyond a hotel of that stature.

Six Flags dishes out the money for a 2 star hotel, and can charge a 5-star price.

I disagree. It doesn't at all seem like something Six Flags would do. If anything, it's exactly what Six Flags would NOT do. The amount of logistical changes and modifications that this investment would need to even work on a basic level is well out of what the park would be willing to spend.

Nope. It's all a big nope sandwich with extra nope sauce.

Edited by michaellynn4
Even a coaster with lighter capacity is better is better than doing nothing.

After riding Batman at SFFT today, I fully endorse adding one to SfGAdv. My typical day in the future would start with one ride on the 4D before heading over to El Toro. Capacity might be a concern, but people will leave it.

^^

Looks like we dropped the ball. Pleanty of GADV attractions have been given away at these meetings. The deadline for approval is 8/31. Only a few days before the announcement. Id imagine that they are feeling rather confident this will be approved by cutting it that close.

This leads me to believe that there is going to minimal if any tree removal, absolutely not getting closer than the existing structures to the lake, and likely not going over any paths. Those are the things that the park up when dealing with the township.

Hopefully the towns posts a recap of the meeting somewhere.

Even a coaster with lighter capacity is better is better than doing nothing.

After riding Batman at SFFT today, I fully endorse adding one to SfGAdv. My typical day in the future would start with one ride on the 4D before heading over to El Toro. Capacity might be a concern, but people will leave it.

Has the community been tuned to these types of meeting minutes in previous "big" years? Have they been very telling before?

Perhaps this will start a trend where enthusiasts from all over fly in for a few weeks to the main "rumor" parks around announcement season and combine park trips with attending all the public planning meetings. In hopes for the scoop on the details.

Those crazy coaster enthusiasts.

^^ I wouldn't hold your breath over the meeting minutes. It can take upwards of a month for meeting minutes to get uploaded to their site based on the rest of the 2015 meetings. At that rate the actual announcement from Six Flags will be almost two weeks old.

^ It's helped out in the past, some years moreso than others. A planning meeting is how enthusiasts were able to confirm that the park was indeed receiving Chang as its 2011 addition.

Not to go off topic but I didnt mention this in my brief report from this weekend. Does it amaze anyone else how many people will wear a Batman/Superman T-shirt when going to the park? I'm not talking about a Six Flags shirt, I just mean a simple t-shirt with the logo on it. I must have seen at least 15 people in the two hours on Sunday. And its not the first time. Are all the other SF parks like this? LOL

Not to go off topic but I didnt mention this in my brief report from this weekend. Does it amaze anyone else how many people will wear a Batman/Superman T-shirt when going to the park? I must have seen at least 15 people in the two hours on Sunday. And its not the first time. Are all the other SF parks like this? LOL

Not to me. I wouldn't even chalk it up to it being Six Flags, I'd chalk it up to how mainstream comic books have become in today's pop culture.

There is another "Leaked Rendering" that was recently posted to Great Adventure History. This one shows a rather unrealistically large boat in the lake. This one essentially invalidates the other as it is borderline comedic.

Also, people who attended the meeting are reported that Six Flags was approved for a lake front coaster in the area previously occupied by the grandstand. They also reported that there are new bleachers/arena seating going where fort independence was. I don't know how accurate these reports are, but they are reports. So time will tell.