TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

With the way the park is scheduled now (Spring break, Summer Season, Fright Fest, Holiday in the Park), they aren't far from being year round. The only time nothing is happening in the park is Jan-April. Thats only 4 months of off season. I have no idea what they would have to offer in that timeframe that would justify an admission.

With the way the park is scheduled now (Spring break, Summer Season, Fright Fest, Holiday in the Park), they aren't far from being year round. The only time nothing is happening in the park is Jan-April. Thats only 4 months of off season. I have no idea what they would have to offer in that timeframe that would justify an admission.

True, but that is this year. There's no guarantee that Holiday in the Park will be successful. As nice as it seems on paper, if there is another cold winter up here the event could be a bust, and the park could end up abandoning the idea.

So I just spent $140 (even paying an extra $10 in advance because I have a new England season pass and can't get the discount online) on flash passes for labor day weekend. My plan was to go to Dorney in the morning and then get to six flags around 3 or 4 and ride like crazy for the rest of the night. I read through all the terms and conditions and everything sounds great. I go to print out the voucher and it states in all caps (mind you nowhere else until you print it out) that you MUST redeem voucher by 12 NOON on day of visit.

What the heck is that about? The whole point of me buying it in advance was to ensure I had it for coming to the park a little late.

Now I'm slightly freaking out and questioning if I should start the day at Dorney or not. I had my whole weekend of 4 parks planned out and now six flags once again throws in a wrench. I emailed the park about it, hopefully they will give me a good answer. They definitely need to state that up front not after I buy the thing and then claim no refunds. So much for a carefree weekend.

Anybody have experience with getting flash passes later in the day?

Anyone have a guess as to how crowded it'll be tomorrow (Sunday)? My home park is Magic Mt, is it going to be that crowded? And are the operations crappy like SFMM? I'm considering a trip on the NJ Transit out to Great Adventure tomorrow from Manhattan ... HMMMMM

Really interested to get on Kingda Ká (is it open?), and El Toro

Anyone have a guess as to how crowded it'll be tomorrow (Sunday)? My home park is Magic Mt, is it going to be that crowded? And are the operations crappy like SFMM? I'm considering a trip on the NJ Transit out to Great Adventure tomorrow from Manhattan ... HMMMMM

Really interested to get on Kingda Ká (is it open?), and El Toro

Assume wait lines to be hell......get there by 10am, and you can/will get in (in this order): Kingda Ka, Zum, El Toro, Bizarro.....run to the other side of the park for Nitro, Batman, Skull Mountain....then enjoy the lines!

Just got back from the park today and will be there all day tomorrow along with the ert.

All coasters were open although Ka only ran two trains. Nitro's crew was really on it today.

Overall, for how busy the park seemed on the midways the lines weren't all that bad. About 30 mins for Ka at 5 pm, 20 for Nitro at 4, El Toro was a walk on until around 1. No complaints from me and I can't wait to get more rides on the bull tomorrow.

I'll be heading out in a little bit and I can't wait to get as many rides on El Toro as humanly possible . It's my first ERT event, and after it I'll try to hit as many coasters I can in the shortest amount possible (which shouldn't be hard since it's so close to opening) before heading home.

The back wheel seat is smoother than the front wheel seat in each car, but the middle rows are the best by far. I think the ride is far from rough but some new track at the bottom of the turnaround would be a welcome sight.

Nah, they will likely just paint the track at the bottom of the turnaround blue, add a single flamethrower, and advertise it as a new coaster. Or maybe just replace it with a smoking section. Really anything except address the actual issue.

Every season I hope that it will be the year Six Flags tries to turn the park back around. Fact is that it will never be 2006 again. Hopeful for next season none the less.

I do believe portions of El Toro were just retracked, Im sure that retracking the turn around is just a matter of time.

So I just spent $140 (even paying an extra $10 in advance because I have a new England season pass and can't get the discount online) on flash passes for labor day weekend. My plan was to go to Dorney in the morning and then get to six flags around 3 or 4 and ride like crazy for the rest of the night. I read through all the terms and conditions and everything sounds great. I go to print out the voucher and it states in all caps (mind you nowhere else until you print it out) that you MUST redeem voucher by 12 NOON on day of visit.

What the heck is that about? The whole point of me buying it in advance was to ensure I had it for coming to the park a little late.

Now I'm slightly freaking out and questioning if I should start the day at Dorney or not. I had my whole weekend of 4 parks planned out and now six flags once again throws in a wrench. I emailed the park about it, hopefully they will give me a good answer. They definitely need to state that up front not after I buy the thing and then claim no refunds. So much for a carefree weekend.

Anybody have experience with getting flash passes later in the day?

I would actually call the park, speak to guest services, or the FP building, if neccessary. I'm sure they will help out. It is not like they are going to sell out that day and you already paid and reserved. It does seem like a silly requirement.

Just curious, what is your schedule? My family is heading that way that weekend too and we also have SFNE passes from an earlier trip. We will be hitting the Alpine coaster at Holiday Valley and Knoebels of the way down Friday. Sat, Sun will be Great Adventure and maybe something else like Dorney or Luna Park.

Just curious, what is your schedule? My family is heading that way that weekend too and we also have SFNE passes from an earlier trip. We will be hitting the Alpine coaster at Holiday Valley and Knoebels of the way down Friday. Sat, Sun will be Great Adventure and maybe something else like Dorney or Luna Park.

My plan is Saturday Dorney in the AM and Great Adventure in the PM. Sunday will be a full day at Hershey. Monday I will be doing Knoebels half day and heading home.

The holiday valley alpine coaster isn't something to go out of the way to do, IMO. Unless you are doing the ropes course thing, too, which is a lot of fun. (and "scarier" than any ride I've been on, lol -- I don't have the best endurance out there, and I know I'm completely safe, but something about falling off one of those platforms terrifies me)

El toro is just getting unreasonably rough in the wheel seats. During the turnaround it has some very serious jackhammering. How difficult is it for them to retrack?

Granted I only ride in the back row and the last time I rode was May 27th. I wouldn't consider it anywhere NEAR rough, I wouldn't consider it anything except smooth...but that's just me.

Today is an perfect example of why I love being a season pass holder and living so close to this park. Myself, my sister and my bro-in-law were in and out in about 2 hours this morning, just as planned, and managed to do a ton in a really short amount of time. I'm not sure if it was the heat or what but it seemed crowded as we entered but everyone must have been heading to HH.

We got in at 10am on the dot, no problems at the gate and right over to El Toro. They had a table set up outside the gates where you had to get a bracelet for the ERT so I'm so glad Tom noticed that since everyone in front of us in the season pass entrance were getting out of line to go get their bracelets! ERT was nice (3 laps), though they were very much Sunday morning rides as she was very sluggish today. Same with Nitro. We only got 1 ride on that, as well as 1 ride on Namtab. Station waits for both of those around 11:15-11:45am. Toro has some major jackhammering on the turnaround, we also always sit in the non-wheel seats and it was noticeable today as always. But otherwise its smooth as butter and the best wooden coaster there is!

Nah, they will likely just paint the track at the bottom of the turnaround blue, add a single flamethrower, and advertise it as a new coaster. Or maybe just replace it with a smoking section.

I LOL'd ^

We also took my 2 yr old nephew for his first ever visit to the park in hopes to take him on the safari but after the ERT we asked him if he wanted to do rides or see animals (he can barely talk). His response? "Rides!"

While my sister and I rode Namtab for her first ever lap on it, my bro-in-law took my nephew into Safari Kids (which if you didnt know, has the BEST bathroom in the park! - spotless and freezing!) and got him on a bunch of rides, including Road Runner Railway so he got his first coaster credit today! Big moment for him (read: us) and he loved it.

(Nerd alert) RRR is the last credit I needed at Great Adv as I was never sure if they would let adults ride alone and I never cared enough to try - I think Ive been in Safari Kids once before today - but once we got off Namtab and I heard he rode I decided "I am using him to get this credit" LOL and I asked him if he would ride again with me. He said yes! Once we got back to it, he wouldn't go back on! So since we were there and there was all of two other people waiting for it, I swallowed my pride and approached the op with my fingers crossed behind my back and he just kind of smirked at me and on I went. Back seat, super intense for a tiny little thing LMFAO. I said to the op when it was over "thats as intense as El Toro" which got a laugh out of him.

We went for Nitro (station wait just before noon, good thing since Nitro crew was slooooooooooow) and from there we left. It was nice in the shade but the heat was unbearable. Never felt crowded at all but as we exited out to the lot at noon the place was becoming rammed. Overall we had a great morning and shout out to the two other TPRers that said hello to me this morning - I already forget your names! I might post too much since every time I show up there someone from here recognizes me LOL.

Short and sweet visit for National Coaster Day. No photos except one Tom took of me during our mini marathon.

001.jpg.94716d1f6f607c0f7d2d96fc42a1e88d.jpg

Happy National Coaster Day!

^^^

I probably would have ran into you as I had planned to go to the park for the ERT this morning. I drove back to Jersey from NC (Carowinds) last night and decided that less involved plans would be more suitable. I still haven't gotten rides on El Diablo and Namtab yet as I have been teaching Computer Science at Lake Forest College in Chicago all summer. It will have to wait until next weekend!

I'm hoping with the announcements just a short while away there will be more construction/demolition to geek about.