TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

^Coaster Studios is a channel all about theme parks and roller coasters and has updates every week. As well as park reviews, roller coaster reviews, park battles, stuff like that. It is a really cool channel I recommend checking it out. Anyway back to discussing SFGA.

Coaster Studios, formerly Coasterguy14, is a YouTube page about coasters/parks run by a teenager. He used to he a member on the forums, but recently deactivated his account because other members were discussing his account on TPR chat.

Anything he says, unless released by the park, is just speculation. He has no insider information, just him speculating.

(I'm not trying to say anything bad about the former user. I respect him just as any other person, but it should be known that it is just speculation.)

The only firm source is the park themselves. He is NOT a park representative. Once the park announces it, then we can officaly say Batman: TheRide is running backwards.

SFNE did say during the live chat on 12/3/14 (embed below) that all the parks in February will announce more news on 2015, whether it's more details to a ride, new attraction, show, etc.

Is there a way to run one train forwards and one backwards?

Probably but that would be a disaster to end all disasters because when people are queuing for a certain row how would you let them decide? There's no way you can let people decide if they want to ride forwards or backwards because there isn't a wide enough space anywhere to form 2 lines. So if they did this it would just be the luck of the draw, or people would constantly be trying to find people to go ahead of them and rows would go out empty all the time.

Probably but that would be a disaster to end all disasters because when people are queuing for a certain row how would you let them decide? There's no way you can let people decide if they want to ride forwards or backwards because there isn't a wide enough space anywhere to form 2 lines. So if they did this it would just be the luck of the draw, or people would constantly be trying to find people to go ahead of them and rows would go out empty all the time.

That's a good point i didnt think of that. It would probably be absolute chaos.

Namtab trains also only have seven rows on each car versus the normal eight in order for it to function properly with the ride mechanics. One more reason why you couldn't run two trains facing different directions.

Namtab trains also only have seven rows on each car versus the normal eight in order for it to function properly with the ride mechanics. One more reason why you couldn't run two trains facing different directions.

How does that affects the wait for the ride?

would make the loading of the ride a huge cluster f*ck. the park would never do that

It would be great if they could though, because im not to sure about this whole backwards thing.

would make the loading of the ride a huge cluster f*ck. the park would never do that

It would be great if they could though, because im not to sure about this whole backwards thing.

It's not even confirmed that they're going to run it backwards, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Then just wait until they turn it forwards again. It's as simple as that.

Just saw this on Six Flags' YouTube channel. Apparently, the name of the park's new Super Loop has been changed from Looping Dragon to El Diablo Loop Coaster . Not sure why they're doing that, especially now, but I guess El Diablo is a better name than Looping Dragon.

Ugh, I really hope this isn't going in Plaza Del Carnival now, but it's Six Flags so with this name change that's almost guaranteed. :/

I bet they use the still-existing switchbacks for Rolling Thunder and just put it where the RT station used to be.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VAuOt2WL8aA/VJilILWnF9I/AAAAAAAAHo0/YN0bMiORL74/s1600/009.jpg

Photo from Flyin Phil's website.

Actually it looks like we have a press release that backs up exactly what you're suggesting...

From Great Adventure History

The Devil Is in the Details at Six Flags

Great Adventure Announces New Theme, Location for 2015 Looping Coaster

Jackson, NJ – January 14, 2015 – The devil is in the details for Six Flags Great Adventure's new looping coaster, set to open this spring. Originally announced in the fall of 2014 as "Looping Dragon," with an Asian-inspired moniker and location in the Golden Kingdom section, the park's 13th coaster was re-imagined by park management who opted for a more “devilish” theme – El Diablo.

"The Jersey devil has deep roots in our state's history, and inspired the new theme for our upcoming thrill ride," said Park President John Fitzgerald.

The giant, fiery red El Diablo looping coaster will make its home next to the world's top-rated wooden coaster, El Toro, in the Mexican-themed Plaza del Carnaval section. It features riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

"El Diablo is the perfect addition to Plaza del Carnaval, as it appeals to both thrill seekers and families alike. Rides like El Toro and Tango attract a wide audience to this area, which also provides ample opportunities for dining, shopping and relaxation from the excitement of the world’s largest theme park," Fitzgerald added.

El Diablo is set to open this spring, and will have a 48-inch height requirement to ride.

For more information on Six Flags Great Adventure and El Diablo, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

#

The link from the official site is gone but a quick search for "The Devil Is in the Details at Six Flags" confirms that this came right from the official park website. So it sounds like it will go in Plaza Del Carnival, and I'm sure it's going exactly where Boldikus is saying. Personally I prefer this location to the old one.