TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

GADV used to open new rides on the park's opening day but I'm pretty sure Nitro was the last ride to actually open with the park. Now, I think the park and Six Flags as a whole purposely schedule all new rides to open later in the season as a weird way to advertise their new rides. Like park goers who go early in the season may see the new ride being built, tell their friends all about it, and then come back later in the season once it has opened.

I think thats what it is too. They open the ride at a later date in order to entice people who go when the park opens for the season to buy a season pass.

I was hoping that they would stop the delayed openings after the Jaro/Goliath delayed openings were further delayed due to actual setbacks. If I'm not mistaken, Jaro didn't open until July. Thats where is teters from teaser to plain old bad press.

Instead of delaying a ride opening to get more passes sold, how about they stop running the park like crap and pissing off the people that buy passes so that they might actually buy one again.

Instead of delaying a ride opening to get more passes sold, how about they stop running the park like crap and pissing off the people that buy passes so that they might actually buy one again.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen until the chain smartens up and starts charging $100+ for a season pass.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen until the chain smartens up and starts charging $100+ for a season pass.

Well first they'd have to make their parks worth that much. Right now, because of the inconsistencies, it just isn't.

I was hoping that they would stop the delayed openings after the Jaro/Goliath delayed openings were further delayed due to actual setbacks. If I'm not mistaken, Jaro didn't open until July. Thats where is teters from teaser to plain old bad press.

Funny you mention that. The park was rumored to get a new coaster for 2015 (possibly a new S&S 4th dimension free spin coaster) until Zumanjaro opened a month and a half late causing it to go way over budget.

maybe the park should first start with selling gold passes for way over $100.

Funny you mention that. The park was rumored to get a new coaster for 2015 (possibly a new S&S 4th dimension free spin coaster) until Zumanjaro opened a month and a half late causing it to go way over budget.

how did it go over budget by opening a month a half late? the price should be the price to get the ride installed and running. what does opening up late , making it go over budget? I dodnt get that

totally agree, a gold pass should be sold more the $61.99, like way more

how did it go over budget by opening a month a half late? the price should be the price to get the ride installed and running. what does opening up late , making it go over budget? I dodnt get that

Longer hours, more workers, ect

It seems like those Screamscape rumors DID match up, expect Zumie was late so the 2015 coaster was chopped off. Maybe LD was supposed to go to SFFT, but then they switched it around in June.

Would it just be cheaper to start earlier and get it down earlier? Sometimes I wished I worked for the parks, but then at times, it's just more enjoyable just to sit back and say your opinion without any issue.

Haven't posted in a while. ......is there still any chance of a backwards batman? I remember the clues had shownthere would be but then it wasn't in the announcement what happened? Also any chance of zumanjaro and king da ka running together? I waited 2 and a half hours for zumanjaro and 2 hours for king da ka.

The backwards Batman rumor has resurfaced recently... there were rumors for awhile that the state wouldn't allow it but as far as I know all we have are rumors on both sides. Personally I hope we never get it, Batman is perfect as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The backwards Batman rumor has resurfaced recently... there were rumors for awhile that the state wouldn't allow it but as far as I know all we have are rumors on both sides. Personally I hope we never get it, Batman is perfect as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This. When the clues this summer hinted towards Namtab, I was very excited at the prospect of it. But the more time I've had to think about it, the less I'm interested in the ride running backwards. Like you said, B:TR is perfect. It was running incredibly this season, compared to its neighbor, a younger B&M

Nitro is running better now, they fixed the train that was causing the problems. Is it as smooth as Batman? No... but there aren't many rides out there that are. Batman is butter smooth especially when you factor in all the snappy transitions it has.

Yes... I rode train C closing weekend and it was fine. I mean... it was the most painful ride I've ever had on any coaster anywhere but the train didn't rattle... that was a result of the fact that we were riding in the front row in heavy sleet. Never again...

While part of me would love to try Batman backwards, that ride is already pretty intense as it is. I don't know what it is about that ride (probably the quick transitions), but it always makes me nauseous and I've even blacked out on it before. Would it be possible for them to run one train backwards and the other one forward? That would be pretty cool since you'd have both options.

While part of me would love to try Batman backwards, that ride is already pretty intense as it is. I don't know what it is about that ride (probably the quick transitions), but it always makes me nauseous and I've even blacked out on it before. Would it be possible for them to run one train backwards and the other one forward? That would be pretty cool since you'd have both options.

From other reviews I've heard, backwards Batman surprisingly isn't too much more intense than regular Batman. I don't think any of the parks who have ran their Batman backwards have had one train run forwards and one backwards, but that would be pretty cool to see.

Ive heard that batman backwards is very painful to your neck, i dont know if thats true because ive never been on it. I just wanna try it out.

And it is painful to many eyes to read posts that don't use proper capitalization and punctuation.

Ive heard that batman backwards is very painful to your neck

If you listen to enthusiasts then every coaster ever built is rough. This might be the case but ride it for yourself and see... believe it or not some people think that Batman forwards is rough and that's just flat out stupid.