TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

My guess is they haven't received approval yet...BUT, that doesn't mean they shut the door on it, either. Time will tell.

Exactly, if they announced it and then it wasn't approved we would have the same whining that we saw regarding Zumanjaro/Kingda Ka. Enthusiasses need to gain a measure of patience.

It's pretty amazing to see how one person guesses the state of NJ didn't approve it, then everyone just flat out assumes the same thing and then becomes upset that the state didn't approve batman backwards, even though six flags never said that it was gonna happen anyway. You can't make up situations then get upset and treat them as reality.

1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire.

It's pretty amazing to see how one person guesses the state of NJ didn't approve it, then everyone just flat out assumes the same thing and then becomes upset that the state didn't approve batman backwards, even though six flags never said that it was gonna happen anyway. You can't make up situations then get upset and treat them as reality.

He was never talking about Looping Dragon by the slightest...

When did he say it had anything to do with a ring of fire?

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming (via the clues, because obviously 1993 had nothing to do with what's thus far been announced). I would like to experience it but honestly, if it doesn't come, I wouldn't be THAT disappointed. I've read nothing but bad things about it, head banging/whiplash/nausea etc.

SFGam announced they were running Backwards Batman in January of 2013 and SFOT announced their Backwards Batman in the spring this year. Just because it wasn't announced doesn't mean it isn't coming. For all we know another SF park may have it next spring and SFGadv will have it in the summer.

How does "1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire" have nothing to do with with Looping Dragon?

How does "1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire" have nothing to do with with Looping Dragon?

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming.

And that was very clear, I understand what he wrote. My issue with his post was that he claims it is no longer happening because state regulators putting the kibbosh on it. That is pure speculation, and people are assuming it is fact.

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming (via the clues, because obviously 1993 had nothing to do with what's thus far been announced). I would like to experience it but honestly, if it doesn't come, I wouldn't be THAT disappointed. I've read nothing but bad things about it, head banging/whiplash/nausea etc.

They did Batman backwards at SF Great America a couple of years ago, and I didn't care for it. An inverted B&M really wasn't meant to go backwards. But who knows? Maybe SF Great Adventure WILL ride it backwards next season, but for a limited time and make an announcement closer to when that happens.

And that was very clear, I understand what he wrote. My issue with his post was that he claims it is no longer happening because state regulators putting the kibbosh on it. That is pure speculation, and people are assuming it is fact.

Yeah that's pretty dumb, I guess people just want another reason to rag on the NJ state government. As if another reason was needed.

I kind of hope we don't get Batman backwards to be honest... it's already one of the best rides in the park. It doesn't need any dumb gimmicks.

That's just my opinion though.

I agree with you in both respects but it's a gimmick I'd really like to try.

I kind of hope we don't get Batman backwards to be honest... it's already one of the best rides in the park. It doesn't need any dumb gimmicks.

That's just my opinion though.

I agree with you in both respects but it's a gimmick I'd really like to try.

This is exactly how I feel. Plus, it would be nice to get something interesting besides than that crappy ring of fire.

Went to the park last night after work. Got there around 6pm. Crowds were extremely light.

Ride count:

El Toro: 1x (walk on)

Zumanjaro: 1x (two-cycle wait, 5 min)

Kingda Ka: 1x (walk on, two cycles for 2nd row)

Sky Screamer: 1x (one-cycle wait, 5 min)

Batman: 1x (walk on)

Nitro: 2x (walk on, re-rode with no wait in back)

Skull Mountain: 1x (walk on, back row)

Ate dinner at the park with the dining pass, as well. That, the ride count, plus gentle meandering around the paths with the girlfriend made it a nice night.

What are your thoughts on a Battle for Metropolis style ride... coming to SFGAdv in the area where B&R: The Chiller used to be? Would be a nice opportunity to give a nod to the attraction that used to one be there by using both characters somehow.

I'd rather a new coaster in 2016, but if those dark rides are a hit in OT and StL then I'd be all for one.

Edited by Genx24

After visiting the park last night and spending some time in the Golden Kingdom, I'm actually excited for the placement of this ride. I think it'll bring some much needed color and light to the area, especially at night.

The park was empty today, nothing was more than a 5 minute wait. It was my first visit to the park this year where Zumanjaro was running and the ride was a lot of fun. The drop was less intense than I was expecting. Superman was closed with a crane near the ride.