TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I have seen survey markers on the trees behind Zumanjaro. I also noticed some red behind Toro while waiting on line for Zumanjaro. Not sure if they are supports or not though

It's not track. Red plastic traffic barriers. You can see the area clearly when approaching the parking booths.

Imagining and loving it.... But we won't get it... Although, a giga sized SkyRush would be a sick addition!!

I'm still hoping for the mid sized RMC near the lake, or then Intamin Blitz where chiller stood...

There isn't much room by the lake, and personally I'd much rather see that area overhauled with new stunt show, landscaping and maybe restaurant. It's the only area that has the original park's old charm.

But I'm with you 100% on a Blitz where Chiller was. That's my dream attraction for the park. A perfect fit to the lineup and proper replacement to Chiller.

We can now officially debunk any RMC coaster at Great Adventure until 2017. Iron Cyclone and Iron Colossus are pretty much in the books and a European park is getting Wildfire in 2016.

Being March 2014 when that info was released, and not knowing exactly how many coasters RMC can pump out with their new track plant, it is still reasonable that some park could order a small or medium RMC for 2016. In fact, between March and now, is is completely inconcievable that a park has ordered a small RMC for next year and the info has not been updated? I think that RMC could pull off something Wooden Warrior sized fairly quickly.

to be honest, I really don't want an rmc at great adventure.

What's the point when you have el toro in the same park?

the park could definitely use many other types of coasters over an rmc woodie.

even if its mild, it will probably have a steep drop, airtime, etc.

I think a very twisty gci like goldstriker would fill rolling thunder's spot perfectly.

and an intamin blitz where chiller was sounds perfect for the park

to be honest, I really don't want an rmc at great adventure.

What's the point when you have el toro in the same park?

the park could definitely use many other types of coasters over an rmc woodie.

even if its mild, it will probably have a steep drop, airtime, etc.

I think a very twisty gci like goldstriker would fill rolling thunder's spot perfectly.

and an intamin blitz where chiller was sounds perfect for the park

I love the idea of a Blitz or other LSM coaster.

As for RMC, what about a mid-sized RMC with a one or two (NO MORE THAN THAT) inversions and a ton of small airtime hills? It would be set apart fairly nicely from Toro, especially if it wasn't right next door.

I'd love to see something like Tidal Force at Hershey. It adds to the thrill rides and water rides categories and guarantees getting wet unlike the Log Flume and Congo Rapids

We DID have that...it was called Movietown Water Effect, right next to Chiller. I highly doubt we'll see a ride just like it ever again.

^Could NJ approve those? Maybe. Could they approve dual Zumanjaro/Ka running? I hope so, but probably not. Just get Intamin to approve some freaking tough plexiglass on the sides and on the top meshes, and I see no reason why NJ wouldn't approve dual running. (although I hope Plexiglas isn't too intrusive...)

^Could NJ approve those? Maybe. Could they approve dual Zumanjaro/Ka running? I hope so, but probably not. Just get Intamin to approve some freaking tough plexiglass on the sides and on the top meshes, and I see no reason why NJ wouldn't approve dual running. (although I hope Plexiglas isn't too intrusive...)

I don't think plexiglass would be necessary. I think what they have on Intimidator at Carowinds should be fine

Mannnnn, for a weekday the park was freaking packed today. I guess bring-a-friend promo and one of the last nice days before school, but the lot was almost full when we got there @ 10:15. FP immediately upon entry so no worries but I haven't seen it that busy in a while. Felt like lots of camp/class trips. We got gold and our wait times were an hour most of the day on all the major rides. We just tried to do stuff with smaller lines while FP queuing for the big dogs. Tons of breakdowns, seemed like almost everything was down at one point or another (either according to our FP, and being told things were closed/down).

I'm too tired to write a bunch but I liked Zumanjaro today a lot more on my second ever ride. Other than issues with it breaking down twice while waiting in a FP line with 50 other people *eyeroll*, the ride was a lot of fun. The drop felt much longer this time.

Also I saw absolutely no red supports anywhere near Ka. I tried to get a peak down around the Old Country area from the lift of Nitro (I was on the right side back seat) and didn't see anything that might look like construction or whatever. I'll write more tomorrow. Roller Coaster weekend continues in Wildwood. Leaving bright and early in the morning...

I wouldn't mind all the small improvements like mentioned before (Ka's restraints, Zum/Ka running together). Although I still believe a water coaster would be perfect for the park these days. If we get nothing medium-major sized this year NEXT YEAR HAS TO BE IT. I know we're spoiled at this park but i'm losing my patience anyway.

We should keep in mind that SFMM got LLDOD and YOLOcoaster in consecutive years

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not pointing out any one person in specific, but I think we all need to accept the reality that SFGadv is not getting a coaster in 2015. And that is not a bad thing. SFGadv has made some very valuable non-coaster addition since Green Lantern in 2011, and I think one more year of that will be great for the park. If you want another so badly, go to SFNE next year or get excited for 2016.

We should keep in mind that SFMM got LLDOD and YOLOcoaster in consecutive years

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not pointing out any one person in specific, but I think we all need to accept the reality that SFGadv is not getting a coaster in 2015. And that is not a bad thing. SFGadv has made some very valuable non-coaster addition since Green Lantern in 2011, and I think one more year of that will be great for the park. If you want another so badly, go to SFNE next year or get excited for 2016.

Yes, I understand that we will most likely see some flats and some improvements in 2015. I'm just saying that it is entirely possible for SF to surprise us all with a coaster.

It would be cool if we got the reverse BTR for a part of the season next year. Six Flags has been rotating that around the parks and I think if we don't get a major ride, we should atleast get that.

That would be fantastic along with a new flat or two.