TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

After my many attempts this year on GL there is no good seat or better way to ride. I've tried all over the train and both with my legs bent a bit before the seats lock and also standing straight. The drop and first loop are awesome and then I get knocked in the head the rest of the ride. It sucks. I really wish they'd consider seated/floorless trains for this, it would make the ride so much better. I really need to just avoid it like I do Dark Knight from now on but I seem to always go with someone who has never ridden, sees it from the lot and wont shut up about it, and therefore wind up on it with them (complaining the entire time that its going to hurt lol)

I hope it gets seated trains. It won't be floorless because of Bizarro. Standing on that ride just hurts. It isn't even enjoyable. I actually wish that GASM was still there lol

After my many attempts this year on GL there is no good seat or better way to ride. I've tried all over the train and both with my legs bent a bit before the seats lock and also standing straight. The drop and first loop are awesome and then I get knocked in the head the rest of the ride. It sucks. I really wish they'd consider seated/floorless trains for this, it would make the ride so much better. I really need to just avoid it like I do Dark Knight from now on but I seem to always go with someone who has never ridden, sees it from the lot and wont shut up about it, and therefore wind up on it with them (complaining the entire time that its going to hurt lol)

I hope it gets seated trains. It won't be floorless because of Bizarro. Standing on that ride just hurts. It isn't even enjoyable. I actually wish that GASM was still there lol

SF cant get train C on Nitro to run smoothly, and you think they are going to spend money and put seated trains on Green Lantern. No way SF does that.

SF cant get train C on Nitro to run smoothly, and you think they are going to spend money and put seated trains on Green Lantern. No way SF does that.

First off all I know they won't. But a guy can dream cant he? Lol. Second, Nitro is still one of the most popular rides in the park. GL is basically dead. It seemingly always has a 15 minute wait at the most. It'll be more expensive to remove the entire ride than replace the trains anyway. The layout is great on GL but the stand up trains just dont work well with the GP anymore

Chang / Green Lantern was designed with the standing trains in mind, putting regular-heartline sit-down trains would dramatically (and most likely uncomfortably) change the character of the coaster.

^The only problem with the way it is now, to me, is the roughness. If they could somehow fix/improve it I would be happy as I do like the occasional experience of standing up on a coaster.

As cool as it would be, I doubt we'll ever see sit-down trains on Green Lantern. I've honestly never found the ride that rough but I lean into the curves to avoid head banging. I know you shouldn't have to do that to make a ride smooth but that's how I make GL enjoyable.

The reason I don't like Green Lantern is because my crotch hurts when I get off it. I'm pretty sure any stand-up coaster would have that result for me.

Another tip, this puts more pressure on your legs during the ride but if you ride with the bicycle seat a little low so it isn't pushing into your crotch, it's way better in my opinion.

The reason I don't like Green Lantern is because my crotch hurts when I get off it. I'm pretty sure any stand-up coaster would have that result for me.

Another tip, this puts more pressure on your legs during the ride but if you ride with the bicycle seat a little low so it isn't pushing into your crotch, it's way better in my opinion.

Exactly, many people don't realize the bicycle seat (even though it is called a seat) is not meant to be sat upon. The coaster is a stand-up coaster and you need to stand-up straight the whole ride.

Exactly, many people don't realize the bicycle seat (even though it is called a seat) is not meant to be sat upon. The coaster is a stand-up coaster and you need to stand-up straight the whole ride.

That's also my pet peeve. If you learn how to correctly ride standup coasters, they can actually be quite fun.

^Agreed. I've never had a problem on them as far as the seats go (though Mantis was significantly rougher last month than I remember it being). Green Lantern is actually my favorite of the three large-scale standups, and I even really enjoyed Vortex at CGA too.

The saddle isn't my issue with standups. It is the large OTSRs and the headbanging they lead to.

^Agreed. I've never had a problem on them as far as the seats go (though Mantis was significantly rougher last month than I remember it being). Green Lantern is actually my favorite of the three large-scale standups, and I even really enjoyed Vortex at CGA too.

The saddle isn't my issue with standups. It is the large OTSRs and the headbanging they lead to.

Exactly. Basically I just go on the end and stand on the side of the car. Those restraints hurt badly. I had a bad headache after a ride. Hopefully the headbanging will be fixed

Can anyone give me an idea of what crowds/wait times will be like on a weekday in mid august? Looking at a one day trip to GAdv somewhere between Monday 8/11-Fri 8/15, Mon 8/18 or Tues 8/19. Not planning on using flash pass, not a season pass holder, and plan on staying the whole day. Thanks for any help!

Which weekday would be the best day to go either this week or the first full week of August? I've been trying to figure out when to go by going back 20 pages or so and scanning, but didn't find much. Suggestions? Thanks.

I would say this week. The park usually gets more crowded in August from what I've seen.

Can anyone give me an idea of what crowds/wait times will be like on a weekday in mid august? Looking at a one day trip to GAdv somewhere between Monday 8/11-Fri 8/15, Mon 8/18 or Tues 8/19. Not planning on using flash pass, not a season pass holder, and plan on staying the whole day. Thanks for any help!

The park will probably be moderately crowded but nothing over the top. If you're going for the entire day, you should be able to ride everything with no problem. I'd head to Zumanjaro and Ka first since they will have the longest lines and most downtime. After that, it doesn't matter where you go really but I like to hit Toro and Bizarro and then work my way over towards Nitro and Batman.

The park will probably be moderately crowded but nothing over the top. If you're going for the entire day, you should be able to ride everything with no problem. I'd head to Zumanjaro and Ka first since they will have the longest lines and most downtime. After that, it doesn't matter where you go really but I like to hit Toro and Bizarro and then work my way over towards Nitro and Batman.

Safe to say no more than about an hour wait for Ka (assuming no down time), El Toro, Superman, Zumanjaro, and Nitro?

Safe to say no more than about an hour wait for Ka (assuming no down time), El Toro, Superman, Zumanjaro, and Nitro?

Zumanjaro and Ka could be over an hour due to breakdowns but the rest should be under an hour.

Zumanjaro and Ka could be over an hour due to breakdowns but the rest should be under an hour.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

That's also my pet peeve. If you learn how to correctly ride standup coasters, they can actually be quite fun.

As I said Ive tried the coaster standing in different positions, both while directly on the seat w/ legs straight, and also with it lower and legs bent so I wasnt really touching it at all, also kind of in between. Ive also tried it all over the train, left side, right, back front, etc. The ride sucks no matter what I try. I know they wont get floorless trains, I personally just think it would make it better.

So trip was pushed back to the original date (Sunday August 17th).

I'm planning to arrive at rope drop and book it straight to Ka. Then work my way around the park from there. I still wanna do the safari, so I considered just doing that last thing in the evening (assuming we leave early to make it back to VA in time) so I can get some great sunset shots and the animals should be back out and about by then.

My biggest worries are Ka and Toro since those seem to get the worst lines. Zumanjaro will be hit-miss based on the lines since I have a nasty fear of heights.

Sunday crowds mid-August should be manageable right? I know crowds can be messy with families planning last minute trips before school and the weather getting cooler around that time.

- So bummed I couldn't make it last weekend.