TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm hoping to go to the park either next week or the week after. I'm not sure if I am going to ride Zumanjaro or not and am looking forward to Kingda Ka being open. It's been closed all my trips to the park this year since except for the first 2 weekends the park was open, every other time I have been to the park has been a weekday.

And here's some more Zumanjaro videos from the commercial shoot.

It would be cool to be one of those lucky people who got to ride KK in "speedy" mode.

I've always wanted Ka to invert at the top. But now that won't happen because of Zumanjaro. It would've added a whole new thrill factors

I wonder if they would ever do that given the danger of the ride stalling (not that it has happened to KK but still)

I probably won't get a chance to ride Zumanjaro until the 5th after work. Hopefully the line isn't too long. And for those who are thinking about riding or aren't sure, I just say go for it. I've heard Lex Luther was rather tame for its size so I'm expecting the same from Zumanjaro. It should definitely be a fun rush though none the less.

That's pretty accurate. The drop packs a punch but I'd put it a step below the Intamin Gyro Drops and a little further below the Larson towers like the one at Knoebels which are probably the best towers out there. Still, they're great rides and the view is going to be spectacular.

The entrance sign is up. Picture taken by my area supervisor.

Ryan, is this the queue line or is there a closer viewing section for GP to go to down this path?

It is the quene line but the exit path also lets out here as well. I don't know if there is an official viewing platform but you could always walk down the exit or get some good views while you're in line. Not to mention that the parking lot is directly next to the ride so you can get some good views from there as well.

That's pretty accurate. The drop packs a punch but I'd put it a step below the Intamin Gyro Drops and a little further below the Larson towers like the one at Knoebels which are probably the best towers out there. Still, they're great rides and the view is going to be spectacular.

I strongly prefer Lex Luthor to both US Gyro Drops, and to every US drop tower I've been on (including Scandia, Lake Winnie, Carowinds, BGW, CGA, and other S&S ones). But I do imagine this one to feel virtually the same as Lex Luthor, the added height could add .3 seconds maybe?

I've heard look to the right of Nitro's second hill and you can kind of see the Philadelphia skyline.

Philadelphia is 80 miles away from Six Flags. No, you can't. Not even on the clearest day.

Philadelphia is 80 miles away from Six Flags.

From my house in center city Philadelphia to the front gate of SFGAdv is 52.1 miles. Just sayin.

I heard a radio commercial this morning saying that they have extended ride times or something on the 4th, 5th and 6th. No mention of Zumanjaro because for a park that has ads everywhere they really don't seem to understand the concept of good advertising.

Just got the following press release about today's media day:

Preview of Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom Delayed

JACKSON, NJ―July 2, 2014―The press preview of Six Flags Great Adventure’s Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom has been delayed. The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ Carnival-Amusement Ride Safety Unit has not yet granted the operating permit. Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom is a very complex, innovative ride, and the state’s review of documentation is still underway.

All testing and inspection by Six Flags engineers, maintenance and operations teams have been completed. The ride is fully operational and in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.

Six Flags respects the function and responsibility of the Carnival-Amusement Ride Safety Unit of the DCA and looks forward to their inspection soon.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom stands a staggering 41 stories tall. Connected to the iconic Kingda Ka roller coaster—the 45-story monster that ranks as the world’s tallest and fastest coaster—Zumanjaro hoists riders 415 feet into the sky and plummets them back to Earth at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour.

Three soaring Zumanjaro towers stand on the face of the massive Kingda Ka coaster. The trio of gondolas rises to the top of the tower in approximately 30 seconds. Riders pause for a few terrifying moments 41 stories in the air—even higher than London’s Big Ben and twice as tall as Lady Liberty—allowing them to catch a glimpse of the skyscrapers in Philadelphia 52 miles to the southwest before gravity plunges them back to ground level in less than 10 seconds.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom was recently named the No. 3 most thrilling ride in the U.S. according to USA Today.