TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The city is very serious about protecting those wetlands. The wetlands in question are also home to an unbelievable amount of turtles and fish (eat at Best of the West and you'll see what I mean) I don't think there's any chance of this happening, especially when they have plenty of open space they can use to build a coaster. I also don't see it happening because they already have El Toro but that's a different story.

Edited by coasterbill

I disagree... I think we could see a wooden roller coaster with inversions will hold its ground to el toro... As long as they are not right next to each other, I think it could work...

El toro is a Positive and Negative G ride... Full of extremes from both ends, if this new RMC ride was more about large inversions we could see it fit nicely into the park.

In regards to a tunnel... I'm not going to rule it out, yet. I do think it won't be in, near, or through the lake, but we could see the trench type tunnel that Goliath has..

As for location, I would hope it would go back by nitro/raging river...

Unfortunate, I still believe the park needs to replace RT with some sort of medium sized woodie, as a transition ride for kids to grow up from kiddie rides... Who knows, maybe we will see to roller coasters built in one year, and it could be a "wooden year" at SFGAdv

I don't see the point of building an RMC or any woodie by the lake or near El Toro when they have all the space behind Movietown. Also what does Obama have to do with environmentalists? ^^

Also what does Obama have to do with environmentalists? ^^

Pretty soon people are going to start blaming him every time it rains. Seriously... say what you want about the guy but not everything is his fault.

Anyway I normally agree that environmentalists can be pretty annoying but seriously... eat at Best of the West and look at the water. There are more turtles in that lake than I've ever seen anywhere else. There's a floating log over by the flume and it will always be so packed with turtles that you can't even see the log that they're standing on. There are a ton of them. They'll have a really hard time building anything there, especially when they have a ton of room for a coaster in Chiller's old spot which won't disrupt any wildlife at all.

Is it possible there is an over population due to a lack of predictors in the area?

Granted, too many turtles is a wonderful problem to have, it is really cool to watch them and look out at the lake for a little bit, since the rest of the park is so action packed, it's nice to see some nature for a little bit...

The city is very serious about protecting those wetlands. The wetlands in question are also home to an unbelievable amount of turtles and fish (eat at Beast of the West and you'll see what I mean) I don't think there's any chance of this happening, especially when they have plenty of open space they can use to build a coaster. I also don't see it happening because they already have El Toro but that's a different story.

And building a tunnel under a nature lake is exponentially more complicated that draining a man-made lake and building a cement channel for the coaster.

The city is very serious about protecting those wetlands. The wetlands in question are also home to an unbelievable amount of turtles and fish (eat at Beast of the West and you'll see what I mean) I don't think there's any chance of this happening, especially when they have plenty of open space they can use to build a coaster. I also don't see it happening because they already have El Toro but that's a different story.

And building a tunnel under a nature lake is exponentially more complicated that draining a man-made lake and building a cement channel for the coaster.

All of the lakes near great adventure are man made by dams. Heck the prospertown lake was dry all of the 2012 season because the dam failed. That being said its highly unlikely that anything will be built over or under the lake. The log flume will most likely remain the only one because it was built before stricter regulations.

With this whole underwater tunnel thing i don't think they will do that. However there is a strip of land that connects to the other side of the lake where the park owns something like 100+ acres where they can build there. You can see this area during fright fest on tractor hay ride that brings you to that area. SO they could make a another midway down there where they have plenty of room to build.

With this whole underwater tunnel thing i don't think they will do that. However there is a strip of land that connects to the other side of the lake where the park owns something like 100+ acres where they can build there. You can see this area during fright fest on tractor hay ride that brings you to that area. SO they could make a another midway down there where they have plenty of room to build.

How do you know they have permission to build on that land? My understanding is that all the undeveloped land would require special permits. I don't think the government entities will let SFGAdv expand on the other side of either lake for environmental reasons.

^^ I went on SORA and at the end in the wooded area the guide said that they couldn't expand there because of state regulations. So maybe it won't be near the lake at all.

That makes a lot more sense. However, before the expand they are two areas to rebuild.

Numerous sources told me most of the land the park owns can't be developed because the city won't allow it. That's probably why most of the park's new attractions were built on site of past attractions. The city doesn't like the park removing too many trees for new rides. I don't really see why the park would build a coaster near the lake when they have the Chiller and Rolling Thunder spots to expand upon.

I can agree to your thoughts.. I would love to see something near chiller, or even a wooden coaster that rsn across the side of the parking lot near the water tower...

I could also see them building out by the old safari entrance, that way the drop tower wasn't such a trek for just one ride... It could be built up without the removal of trees....