TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'd just like to give my fellow El Toro crew members a shoutout. While I was working the entrance at the end of my shift today, I saw them dispatching trains so quickly that several trains had to stop on the lift hill cause the prior train still hadn't fully entered the station. I also saw that Nitro wasn't double stacking as I was walking out of work so hopefully everything there is worked out. Also, the park is adding a lot of landscaping to the Zumanjaro quene area and it looks gorgeous so far. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

I'd just like to give my fellow El Toro crew members a shoutout. While I was working the entrance at the end of my shift today, I saw them dispatching trains so quickly that several trains had to stop on the lift hill cause the prior train still hadn't fully entered the station.

Well that's impressive. Does the train really have to enter the station for the other one to go or does it only need to clear the first brake section?

I wonder why the Nitro crew is having so many issues this year. They have always dispatched trains as the one ahead of it is clearing the lift. Hopefully they return to that by the start of summer. So long as people fit the El Toro crew has always been amazing.

Well that's impressive. Does the train really have to enter the station for the other one to go or does it only need to clear the first brake section?

The train does have to enter the station in order for the next train to crest the lift hill. It's how the blocking of the ride works.

I wonder why the Nitro crew is having so many issues this year. They have always dispatched trains as the one ahead of it is clearing the lift. Hopefully they return to that by the start of summer. So long as people fit the El Toro crew has always been amazing.

It's probably just new employees getting into the groove of things. And yeah, when everyone on the train fits, we can have trains ready to dispatch before the train on the course even reaches the Rolling Thunder Hill.

Just like last Friday the park was empty, from 3:30 when I got to the park to closing at 8:00 I didn't wait in a line longer than 5 minutes. The signs in the Boardwalk at the Golden Kingdom entrance now say Kingda Ka is closed until late spring. The signs used to say until Memorial Day. Twister has Twix ads on it and The Log Flume opened for the season.

Just like last Friday the park was empty, from 3:30 when I got to the park to closing at 8:00 I didn't wait in a line longer than 5 minutes. The signs in the Boardwalk at the Golden Kingdom entrance now say Kingda Ka is closed until late spring. The signs used to say until Memorial Day. Twister has Twix ads on it and The Log Flume opened for the season.

Never before has a forum-post made me so happy only to seconds later make me so disappointed. It started so good with an almost empty park and no waiting and then BAM!, Kingda Ka. Closed. To an indefinite date. After asking here I planned to go right after the Memorial Day weekend but I guess that won't help. Just my luck. I fly all the way to America and it's closed. I know they have other rides but that was one I was looking forward to in particular.

Never before has a forum-post made me so happy only to seconds later make me so disappointed. It started so good with an almost empty park and no waiting and then BAM!, Kingda Ka. Closed. To an indefinite date. After asking here I planned to go right after the Memorial Day weekend but I guess that won't help. Just my luck. I fly all the way to America and it's closed. I know they have other rides but that was one I was looking forward to in particular.

Never plan a trip to the US to catch a ride right after the projected opening day, too many rides have unexpected delays.

Never plan a trip to the US to catch a ride right after the projected opening day, too many rides have unexpected delays.

Lesson learned. The real objective of the trip isn't to hit a bunch of theme parks though. I am visiting my fiancées father who is living there. That's what she thinks the trip is all about anyway. I talked her into taking two days aside for me to go on rides. I scoped out a few other parks in the vicinity but haven't settled on what other one to visit. I was thinking of starting a thread to ask of other members opinions.

I scoped out a few other parks in the vicinity but haven't settled on what other one to visit. I was thinking of starting a thread to ask of other members opinions.

You should start a thread. There are a lot of parks and coasters in the vicinity. Some are good and some are bad. TPR members love giving their opinions in threads of this kind.

The cranes are on the trucks to be shipped out. The queue is almost finished with landscaping. I have not seen Zumanjaro test yet. Also the rides motor that powers the lift cable is still wrapped in plastic.

I caved and bought myself a season pass this year so I could hit up Great Adventure a couple times and possibly check out SFA again as well. Looking forward to getting my pass processed and a ride or two on El Toro! It's been too long since I was last there for roller coasters.

Doesn't look like Zumanjaro is going to be open for my visit in late May

According to a TR on another forum, the signage near Kingda Ka has changed from "closed until Memorial Day weekend" to "closed until late spring" - guessing this means we're looking at June now?

From what I can see on the social media front, the GP seem to be under the impression Zumanjaro will be open for Memorial Day.

Seems a bit strange to not let anyone know the opening is delayed - presuming of course it actually is? Compare that with Busch Gardens Tampa clearly stating that Falcon's Fury wasn't going to meet the media and preview events that had already been scheduled.

From what I can see on the social media front, the GP seem to be under the impression Zumanjaro will be open for Memorial Day.

Seems a bit strange to not let anyone know the opening is delayed - presuming of course it actually is? Compare that with Busch Gardens Tampa clearly stating that Falcon's Fury wasn't going to meet the media and preview events that had already been scheduled.

SFGAdv-homepage says it's 'set to debut in spring 2014' and nothing about Mamorial Day. Kingda-Ka however says 'Closed Until Memorial Day Weekend'.

Edited by Swede

why let the GP know the ride is not opening memorial day weekend. it will hurt attendance. and stock holders don't like that

Kingda Ka could be open before Zumanjaro. It isn't entirely inconceivable that once they're finished working on the tower itself they'd open Ka and continue testing.