TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I've been planning a trip out to Great Adventure sometime in late summer for a while now (around mid-August - I'll start throwing around specific dates once it gets closer to the trip). I need a good attack plan to tackle the park. I'll most likely be visiting on a Sunday - are crowds on Sundays pretty reasonable?

Priority rides: KK, Toro, Nitro, Batman, Sky Screamer, Houdini's Great Escape, and the safari if lines aren't too bad for that. Do any of these rides have single rider lines? Any other rides I should bump up to priority? Anyone have a good attack plan for hitting all the signature attractions and majors? I'm gonna be working with a very limited budget so I won't be able to spend money on Fastpasses.

If I skip the safari, I considered rushing to Toro, Ka first thing and getting those out of the way and working my way toward the Nitro side. I can skip Superman and Green Lantern if the lines are insane for those.

With the limited budget in mind, does the park hold parking discounts during summer?

- And as always, I'm always looking to meet up with other members.

Crowds on Sunday are pretty reasonable... even on a Saturday you can ride everything though the lines for rides like El Toro and Kingda Ka can be about 45 minutes to an hour. If possible I'd still get a flash pass as it allows for some re-rides.

Everything you mentioned generally has a reasonable wait except for Safari which is always a nightmare (but it's a cool experience). Superman usually has a ridiculously long line so if you do want to ride it it might be a good idea to ride it first... otherwise ride Kingda Ka first (if it's open, sometimes it opens a little later in the morning) just because it's not the most reliable ride in the world and you're protecting yourself from a late-in-the-day breakdown and missing out on the ride (though it's a lot more reliable than it used to be).

If possible, get a night ride on El Toro, it's amazing.

Been warned that lines may be long in the summer regardless of the day. I went in a Monday last Augst and Nitro's line was around 2 hours. If the safari is a priority, most definitely do that first. If not, you can easily get 3 or 4 rides on El Toro in the morning only waiting 1 cycle each time. Whatever you do, get there early. If te lines get really log in the afternoon, keep in mind that the posted wait times are for 1 tain, so divide by 2 or 3 accordingly. If you've never ridden a floorless coaster, Bizarro is worth riding in the front if you can spare the time. Have fun, Gadv is a great park.

^Can only second that.

US parks often gets crowded one to two hours after opening, do not know why guests come in so late. Also have park entry, parking and Fastpass if wanted pre-printed online so you do not have to waste time buying / picking up tickets on site.

being that America is full of obese people, coaster manufacturers should build the rides for bigger riders.

Or don't do that and the fatties can hit the treadmill once in a while.

Saying things like that and things stated above is EXTREMLEY rude.

I've never seen someone have so much disrespect for someone.

Like Devilsflight said, for some people obesity isn't really a choice. I don't care if your anorexic, don't talk about people and call them names such as "Fatties."

I've been planning a trip out to Great Adventure sometime in late summer for a while now (around mid-August - I'll start throwing around specific dates once it gets closer to the trip). I need a good attack plan to tackle the park. I'll most likely be visiting on a Sunday - are crowds on Sundays pretty reasonable?

Priority rides: KK, Toro, Nitro, Batman, Sky Screamer, Houdini's Great Escape, and the safari if lines aren't too bad for that. Do any of these rides have single rider lines? Any other rides I should bump up to priority? Anyone have a good attack plan for hitting all the signature attractions and majors? I'm gonna be working with a very limited budget so I won't be able to spend money on Fastpasses.

If I skip the safari, I considered rushing to Toro, Ka first thing and getting those out of the way and working my way toward the Nitro side. I can skip Superman and Green Lantern if the lines are insane for those.

With the limited budget in mind, does the park hold parking discounts during summer?

- And as always, I'm always looking to meet up with other members.

Definitely try out Zumanjaro while you're there too.

I agree... Ryan, your signature has been stuck in my head all day...

I was doing some more thinking about the rebuilding of the east side of the park...

It would be great to see a small to medium-sized traditional woodie (either timber liners or Mini RMC) go into the adventure Seaport area. Imagine it leaving from that area and traveling along the lake, making a right-hand turn to follow the track of the river rapids high and then return...

It could be a nice addition in that back area that both kids and adults could enjoy...

That signature reminds me of my first US park experience (at Great Adventure) and how I thought (and still do) that it is a lot funnier there that some parks have ride operators either saying this kind of stuff or making jokes and being overall entertaining (even simple stuff like: " Welcome back how was your rideeeee??") while here in Europe I've never seen anything like that. They just seem to do their job and that's it.

Travel internationally, Americans. People in Europe maintain their high school/college-aged shape for the rest of their lives, for the most part. The point is, it is true. Americans are larger. They may not choose to be, but to act like its a disease is untrue as well, because any international travel whatsoever proves otherwise. We are overworked and eat unhealthily. Some bodies can handle it, and some can't. This is why I don't like to outright blame people for being obese, but it is consequential of their habits-habits made possible by our culture/society. It's good that parks are putting big boy chairs on coasters to allow more people to ride. Given that we do have a large public, we need to provide for larger people.

being that America is full of obese people, coaster manufacturers should build the rides for bigger riders.

Or don't do that and the fatties can hit the treadmill once in a while.

Saying things like that and things stated above is EXTREMLEY rude.

I've never seen someone have so much disrespect for someone.

Like Devilsflight said, for some people obesity isn't really a choice. I don't care if your anorexic, don't talk about people and call them names such as "Fatties."

Leave the moderating to the moderators.

You need a sense of humor to read TPR and referring to POS as "Fatties is not out of line.

Sorry, they're not fatties. They're 'MURICAN!

Edit - I would like to point out that I'm no saint, myself. Hell, I bought $50 worth of Easter candy the day after Easter because it was all on super clearance. However, I have no problems fitting onto any rides. I'm a big guy, 230 lbs, but I still get out and move around a lot. To get to the point pictured isn't a disease. That's a clear choice of being a slob.

Sorry, they're not fatties. They're 'MURICAN!

Edit - I would like to point out that I'm no saint, myself. Hell, I bought $50 worth of Easter candy the day after Easter because it was all on super clearance. However, I have no problems fitting onto any rides. I'm a big guy, 230 lbs, but I still get out and move around a lot. To get to the point pictured isn't a disease. That's a clear choice of being a slob.

'Least they know how to eat pizza the right way...with ranch !!

The only thing that would make it better is if you could find a way to make it that obnoxious neon yellowish green you guys wear... Because that is one heck of a stylish color

Done. haha

LOL.

Also I got get down with ranch on pizza but its all about hot sauce on pizza!!!!!

I'm still getting a grasp on TPR's morals. It's OK to make fun of specific groups of people(in good fun, right?), but no swearing or adult language?

This board has so much R rated content lurking beneath it's PG surface. I like it here, a lot. But it's perplexing simultaneously.

I'm all for making fun of the overweight wheelchair bound burn victim transvestite midget(I believe there should be no limits on what is "right", or "acceptable" to make fun of). Everyone deserves the opportunity to laugh at themselves.

I've noticed, not specifically from this thread---- that some of the fat jokes come out jaded, with a dash of anger and spite behind them.

Let the moderators moderate, I agree. Coming out swinging, saying how rude you believe someone to be, makes you look like a Sally. Party on.

Edited by Kenny B

I don't get how people think belts limit airtime. There are two simple ways around a situation where the staff tightens your belt or asks you too.

1 - As you leave the station, loosen the belt.

2 - take off the seat belt.

DONE!