TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I find it strange that Six flags hasn't been marketing this ride more, or at least providing more information in the ride, queue, etc. For a world record breaking attraction at a park know to do so, you'd think they would want to release as much info about it as they can.

Is it that often that the cables snap? I know it has happened to xcelerator but what about the other hydraulic launched rides?

But yeah, if there is a minimal risk I would assume they will have some protection from the 128 mph flying cables

I don't think we will see an inclosed queue... I mean, they are going to want you to look up at the tower and see how massive it is while waiting online.

What I could see is a safety wall being built, and then themed to look like an old ruin or something, covered in vines and plants... that way it has a safety purpose, but still allows for views of the tower and theming!

This offseason is killing me so I came up with a wing rider design for the Chiller footprint. The layout is very poorly drawn so Ill explain it as best as I can. The ride would start in Chillers old station since it's just sitting there not being used with a turn to the right and a steep lift (Wild Eagle steep) so a lot of track can fit in a little bit of space. The height would top off around 120-150ft. as it looks like thats all that can fit behind TDK. The coaster will then maneuver into a wing over drop which saves a lot of room. After the wing over comes a very slight turn to the left and then a dive loop narrowly missing the station and exiting toward the Observatory. Up next is a zero g roll followed by giant flat spin as seen on Gatekeeper with the second half going through the observatory. Then a wide fan turn similar to Sheikra's final turn before the splash down will soar above guests walking underneath on the path. Finishing strong with an inline twist through the observatory once again and into the brake run, back into the station. Although this is a fairly short ride, the space provided is used well and because of the spacing the diameter of the inversions will need to be smaller than that of Gatekeepers or Wild Eagles making for a much more intense ride. Just an idea.

image.jpg.4a72c986788cfb0203c2b82d6540faca.jpg

Is it that often that the cables snap? I know it has happened to xcelerator but what about the other hydraulic launched rides?

But yeah, if there is a minimal risk I would assume they will have some protection from the 128 mph flying cables

I'm fairly certain most accelerators have had a cable snapping issue at some point.I don't think KK has, but I guess that means it probably will soon.

We could have a 311 foot Intamin Giga that dives 86 degrees into the forest at 94 mph just to beat Cedar Fair's best numbers

In all seriousness, a woodie would be a good fit in the forest, and that is what is needed. What type of coaster do you all think Great Adventure will get in 2015/2016? Woodie, Wing Coaster, Giga, 4D, or something else?

Its not gonna be a giga

Six Flags doesn't do gigas

It will either be a wood, 4D, or wing.

If its wood, it should be a GCI or RMC inverting twister style ride

If its 4D, then it should be more like X2 as opposed to Green Lantern

If its wing, then thats not surprising because Great Adventure loves B&M

Do you know that for sure?

From what I have heard, whatever goes into Rolling Thunder's old area will be family friendly attractions.

Nah but process of elimination those are the biggest possibilities and chances are it will be one of those 3. Just watch. It will be.

Its not gonna be a giga

Six Flags doesn't do gigas

If its wood, it should be a GCI or RMC inverting twister style ride

If its 4D, then it should be more like X2 as opposed to Green Lantern

If its wing, then thats not surprising because Great Adventure loves B&M

Yeah, and B&M doesn't do Gigas either... Until they suddenly did. Giga is the best Six Flags can do from a a marketing standpoint, especially to remain competitive with Cedar Fair. If they were to do a giga, SFGadv and Cedar Point would be the ONLY parks to have a mega, giga, an strata. And that will draw attention. 6 B&M's will not, unless its a B&M Giga (please dear God no).