TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The park said they are replacing Rolling Thunder with a walk through safari area.

They commented in the press release that you would be walking past animals on your way to the new ride.

There is no reason why we wouldn't see them build a medium thrilling wooden coaster in the near future. It may not take the exact same location as rolling thunder, but more likely take the space behind the tower of Kingda Ka that is now unused as the safari is entered from a different location. this also opens up that location of the park for further expansion.

Personally, I would rather see something added to the other side of the park... right now it only has Batman and Nitro to really pull guests to that side, the dark night and skull mountain and just added rides that you wouldn't walk over to directly. I commented weeks ago about how an X-Flight clone would fit into the old chiller space quite nicely... though it would be nice to see them add a wooden out and back along the parking lot on that side of the park, maybe do the turn around the water tower and come back... would make the parking lot view even better than it already is!!!

The park said they are replacing Rolling Thunder with a walk through safari area.

They commented in the press release that you would be walking past animals on your way to the new ride.

Can you post a link to this press release?

I would not be surprised to see a walk through area, but I'm confused why they shut down the existing animal encounter area this year.

I think it would be very safe to assumer that a new coaster, or at least some type of thrill ride will go in Rolling Thunder's spot. It just wouldn't make sense to demolish it if nothing's going to replace it. And, would the walk through Safari exhibits be like the ones between KK and El Toro?

I would not be surprised to see a walk through area, but I'm confused why they shut down the existing animal encounter area this year.

Didn't they say in the Zumanjaro release that the baboons were getting a home along the new path back to the tower?

Didn't they say in the Zumanjaro release that the baboons were getting a home along the new path back to the tower?

My bad, you are correct?

I had heard a rumor early in the year that the baboons would have a new home next year but forgot that it was confirmed in that press release.

Would someone be able to quickly let me know if there are seat belts on the Safari trucks? My aunt wants to do the Safari tomorrow, but she's afraid that she might be too big for any seat belts. I haven't ridden it yet this year, and I couldn't find any reviews or photos mentioning them.

Looking for some advice on a visit next Saturday (9/28).

1.) How long is the usual wait these days for the Safari Adventure? Is this something we should do first?

2.) We have never been to SFGAdv for Fright Fest. Which mazes are a MUST do? Which can be skipped?

3.) Do some of the mazes open earlier than others?

4.) Are any of the shows worth seeing? If so, do any run during the day?

Thanks! I know time will be limited, want to be prepared!

The safari can get a 2+ hour line, there are signs at the park entrance and ride entrance warning the wait can be up to 3 hours. I would get there at opening and go to it right away. The only problem with that is since the ride takes over an hour you probably won't be done with the ride until around 12:00 and then will only have a little amount of time to get some rides in without a long wait before the crowds start really picking up.

The indoor mazes open at I think 2:30 and the outdoor ones open at either 6:30 or 6:45. I haven't been in any of the mazes so I don't know which ones could be skipped.

• 2 weeks later...

Actual six flags website says...

Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder has been shocking riders full of thrills for nearly 30 years. This classic, dual-track wooden roller coaster features an 85-foot drop and 10 great hills to cruise.

Rolling Thunder is temporarily closed.

Planning to head to the park tomorrow with the girlfriend for Fright Fest.

Is the best bet for discounted tickets the Coke Promotion through their website? I see the tickets are $54.99 a piece, whereas gate price is $65.99. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the best bet for discounted tickets the Coke Promotion through their website? I see the tickets are $54.99 a piece, whereas gate price is $65.99. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you think you are going to go to the park at least once next year, you are better off buying season passes. A regular season pass is $73 and is good for the rest of this year and all of next year or for $100 you can get the gold pass which includes parking (which would probably be worth it since parking costs $25 a day).

If you think you are going to go to the park at least once next year, you are better off buying season passes. A regular season pass is $73 and is good for the rest of this year and all of next year or for $100 you can get the gold pass which includes parking (which would probably be worth it since parking costs $25 a day).

Thanks, YoshiFan! Much appreciated!