TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

I don’t know who needs to hear this but stop doing this: so you can make people stand in this twice as long in the name of social distancing. Just load every seat.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

Posted Images

This is exciting! I can't believe how fast the gondolas will rise!

I will try to make it to Rolling Thunder's last day. I'm not too happy to see it go. But, I'm sure the park has more plans for that space in the following years.

All those nay-sayers trying to claim the towers were going on the back.

This looks AWESOME. I've been waiting for GAdv to get a drop tower for so long, and now this? I basically only have to drive three hours to ride Lex Luthor now, and I'm all for that.

All I can think of when I read the name is "Juuuumannngi!"

This. I'm going to start deliberately making fun of this ride's name like I do Shambananasandcreme.

It looks great! If there's no audio at the top and the cars just drop without warning, it's going to be properly terrifying.

^ I'd imagine those are just the modified supports to be put on the front face of the structure where 2-3 individual drop tower tracks will be placed.

Wow, I was pretty accurate about a week ago after I saw the supports!!

I want to say this looks great but drop rides still scare the bejeezus out of me, I'd probably do it but it would take all I have to get on this. Would rather another ride on kingda ka (it's been a while).

Surprised this on the front side. After the cable breaking during the first year (or was the second year) if I recall they stopped using the infield queue. Haven't been since 2007 so maybe the old one is back in service but otherwise I assume they will use the old queue for the drop ride. It was very cool to be inside during the Kinda Ka launches.

All the comments on the SFGAdv Facebook announcement..."Isn't that just Kingda Ka? Looks just like Kingda Ka! So basically this is a renamed Kingda Ka?"

Always hate to say this about any coaster, good or bad, but in regards to Rolling Thunder, good riddance. After Mean Streak, definitely the roughest ride I've been on.

Although GADV is losing a classic (Let's face it they didn't take perfect care of it which turned a lot of riders away) that leaves a massive area for future improvements! Who knows maybe one year we will see RMC do a dueling remake of Rolling Thunder... As far as the drop towers, it's about time! Since Stuntmans Freefall was removed there has been nothing of the type in the park. I'm excited to see the changes next year, and years following.

So does this make only 3 coasters for kids? I dunno about them removing RT... Hopefully next season they will do like SFMM is doing and expand their kids coaster options. I didn't expect them to remove RT... I guess them gives them room to expand on the safari experience. It's going to be weird riding El Toro and not crossing over RT anymore. I guess always thought it to be the norm for parks to all have and maintain a classic family friendly wooden coaster. Anyway... Zumanjaro was expected and I hope I can muster the bravery to ride it. Between this and Falcon Fury... 2014 is going to end up feeling like fear factor.

NOOOO ROLLING THUNDER! The dismay of it leaving balances the excitement of this ride. As terrible as Rolling Thunder may be for others, I always thought it was a really fun ride. Not all that rough. Plus I would always find myself grinning and laughing like an idiot the whole time (perhaps because it throws you around in unique and interesting ways), and provides a different kind of fun that isn't present anywhere else in the park. Not even whatever ends up replacing RT can imitate that fun, which I think can only be had from an old wooden coaster.

Man, what am I doing? I shouldn't even be this upset about it

Although GADV is losing a classic (Let's face it they didn't take perfect care of it which turned a lot of riders away) that leaves a massive area for future improvements! Who knows maybe one year we will see RMC do a dueling remake of Rolling Thunder... As far as the drop towers, it's about time! Since Stuntmans Freefall was removed there has been nothing of the type in the park. I'm excited to see the changes next year, and years following.

This is perhaps what I'm most excited about. I'm really curious to see how this extra land is going to be used in the coming years. Based on it's location, additional rides in both the Golden Kingdom AND Plaza del Carnival are possible! I think a couple family-style flats would fit nicely.

Upon looking at the Facebook comments, I also noticed a plethora of parents who were disappointed at this. It is one less ride their kids can ride, and one more they can't.

This is a valid point, and I'm hoping that it is taken into consideration with whatever they choose to do above. They did a good job addressing this issue a couple years ago with the Adventure Alley expansion, but one more decent family coaster I feel will be needed now that Rolling Thunder is rollin' out to pasture.

One of the positives of Rolling Thunder leaving is that the park has so much room to expand now. That entire area of the safari behind El Toro and Bizarro is not used and will be empty next season after the monkeys are moved into the theme park.

And with the planned hotel now looking like it will go through I'm guessing the park will have an even higher attendance making larger expansions much more feasible.

1885548657_expansionroom.thumb.PNG.fff2a373e7db779fd85261095f9661d1.PNG

All I can think of when I read the name is "Juuuumannngi!"

And I as well. Can't see myself not just calling it Jumanji now this late in the game (5 minutes after I read the press release).

Has anyone ridden SFMM's Drop Tower who can also compare it to the Second-Gen Intamin Drops? I know the vehicle and restraint system are a bit different with these new SFGAdv/SFMM towers, but based on the eye test, I'd imagine (and hope) the ride experience is still closer to the Second-Gens than the impressive looking but much tamer (lamer) Third-Gen Gyro Drops.

I've been on all Intamin drop tower generations and my #1 is the 2nd generations followed closely by 3rd generations.

LL:DOD is fun but not as exciting as 2nd and 3rd gens in my opinion.

It's going to be weird riding El Toro and not crossing over RT anymore. I guess always thought it to be the norm for parks to all have and maintain a classic family friendly wooden coaster. .

Not when the cost of maintaining the ride outweighs the popularity.

I am excited for this! I LOVE drop towers - one of my favorite kind of rides. I was mad when I was at Magic Mountain that theirs was broke down and now I am moving far away from New Jersey - looks like I will making a east coast trip in the next few years.