TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

If you read this thread during Holiday in the Park, you know Great Adventure will run their coasters in conditions hardly any other parks would. A few days ago, I got to the area early and decide

Posted Images

Are there any rumors for the new for 2014 addition?

Slow down there my lad, lets at least get to memorial day before we look ahead at next years addition!

(goes to google maps and starts to layout some ideas...)

Lol! I know I get so antsy lol!

^I think a Sally Dark Ride would be great for the park! Nice to see that among the 'choices' they're showing people.

I totally agree with this. SFGAdv would be perfect. They do have a lot of various rides, and a Sally Dark Ride would be a perfect fit!

Park operation today were fantastic! (For once...) Batman had both trains running. I did not get to ride Nitro though because it was broken at 10:40 am. We walked over to Kingda Ka. Ka had three carts running and we got to ride the new one and it was actually a really smooth ride this time. We walked over to El Toro and we found out that they were running both trains! I would also like to mention there was no stacking at all. The last ride we did was Bizarro. They had all three trains running and they weren't stacking! I was actually very surprised about that. We stayed at the park for only and hour and five minutes and did most of the rides!

^I think a Sally Dark Ride would be great for the park! Nice to see that among the 'choices' they're showing people.

I totally agree with this. SFGAdv would be perfect. They do have a lot of various rides, and a Sally Dark Ride would be a perfect fit!

With the exception of SFStL and SFFT, I think ALL Six Flags Parks need a Sally Interactive Dark Ride.

Nathan's hot dogs in the Boardwalk section of the park has been added to the dining pass!

I wish they had done that before the season started, if I went to the park much after April this would spur me to buy the dining pass.

Ok thank you! I just had not seen a lot of discussion about it here on the thread so I was just curious.

I was at the park today...The crowds were very light (Except for El Toro and Batman).

-Superman (2 rides/ 2 trains) - We rode Superman right at opening, and it was great! The back row was very smooth and intense! But, the queue really could use some work. The railings were all beat up and there were tons of weeds everywhere. The operators were also quite slow...

-Kingda Ka (2 rides/ 2 trains) - Kingda Ka was running well today...No downtime that I know of! In the morning the trains were being dispatched very fast. They weren't stacking at all! I even saw once both trains were on the launch track. Then in the afternoon, the attendants were much slower, and they were stacking every time. Again, the queue could use some TLC.

-Skyscreamer (1 ride) - Wow! I forgot how high that ride was!!

-Blackbeards (1 ride) - Since the station was empty we decided to ride. It was the usual fun, but you only go around once now, even when there is no one in line.

-Nitro (3 rides/ 3 trains) - Nitro was running great today! There was hardly any vibrations (on any of the trains) and there wasn't much stacking. AGAIN, the rides queue could use some work. There were tons of weeds and peeling paint.

-Skull Mtn. (1 ride/ 2 trains) - The usual...It was nice and dark!

-TDK (2 rides) - The preshow for TDK was great as always! The actual ride was running well too!

-B:TR (1 ride/ 2 trains) - I think after today, I prefer Batman to Bizarro. It was incredibly smooth and intense!

-Bizarro (1 ride/ 3 trains) - I have never seen the ride ops move so slow on Bizarro!! Every single train double stacked... The wait to get off the ride was longer than the wait to get on the ride!

-Rolling Thunder (Rode right once, right had 2 trains, left had 1) - Besides the violent turnaround by El Toro, Rolling Thunder is pretty smooth. I even got some nice floater airtime going down that drop!

-Runaway Mine Train - (1 ride/ 2 trains) - The fort could really use some TLC...But the ride itself looked and rode pretty well for its age. Again, the ride ops were terribly slow.

And Some Notes:

-The new lockers this year are great! I really like how you can set your own combo instead of scanning your ticket.

-There were bins for glasses in several of the coasters stations. I didn't see many people using them though.

I thought that you were not supposed to discuss the surveys?

Some of them I've taken have big warnings about not talking about them and some of them don't. Either way I'm sure they know it will all end up online, but if they ask not to talk about it that should be respected.

Yeah because there was one recently that had a message about zero discussion.

And Some Notes:

-The new fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo this year are great! I really like how you can set your own combo instead of scanning your ticket.

-There were bins for glasses in several of the coasters stations. I didn't see many people using them though.

Thanks for the easy to read summary of your recent visit to the park. I am super relieved and excited to hear about the l0cker codes being personalized! I may or may not have had a momentary breakdown during a crowded 100+ deg Saturday in July last year after our l0cker code receipt got soaking wet and disintegrated after a ride on the log flume. Heat does funny things to people sometimes haha. I got myself composed and an attendant helped us retrieve our belongings. Crisis averted!

I plan on going to the park the day after Memorial Day (Tuesday on May 28th) and was wondering how lines might be. Would Flash Pass be needed?