TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

I don’t know who needs to hear this but stop doing this: so you can make people stand in this twice as long in the name of social distancing. Just load every seat.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

Posted Images

What has been going on lately at Great Adventure with them not running all the trains they have on crowded days?

It's the beginning of the season, don't expect the park to have all rides at 100% immediately.

I was there yesterday and had no problems getting on everything. Even walked right on to Kingda Ka front row. Nitro was a bit rougher than it was last season though which was strange.

What has been going on lately at Great Adventure with them not running all the trains they have on crowded days?

Some trains are still being rehabbed which means they are sitting in the maintenance house in pieces waiting to be put back together. Just give SFGADV time, all the trains should be together by the summer.

Just got home from the park today!

Rides:

El Toro - Only running one train. In the morning they wouldn't dispatch until the train was mostly full...But because of the cold it wasn't running up to its usual craziness. The line got very long, very fast.

Kingda Ka (2) - Kingda Ka ran two trains. The third was sitting in the other side of the station. The ride ops were fantastic and pushed the trains out like crazy! The ride was also very smooth, both in the front and the back of the train.

Rolling Thunder Right - Only the right side was running, but with both trains. In the shed it looked like the other two trains were still not complete. The ride was running very well...Much better than last year.

Bizarro - Bizarro was running alll three trains...But double stacking every single time! That being said they only had about ten riders per train.

Runaway Mine Train - 2 trains...Fun as usual. The ride ops were also really good and didn't stack at all. But, the fort really could use some TLC.

Skull Mtn. (2) - 2 trains. The building was very dark today. But the new ads completely ruin the experience. The station was absolutely covered in them. Again the ride ops here were fantastic, dispatching the train far before the previous one came back.

Nitro (2) - 2 trains. Nitro was rattling a lot more than usual. The attendants were also very slow. There was no reason for stacking the trains every single ride.

Batman had a lot of downtime throughout the day, and the Cable Cars never opened (due to wind).

Nitro was a bit rougher than it was last season though which was strange.

I have been hearing that.

I did not notice this roughness last weekend. Hopefully, those that COMPLAINED about Nitro being "butter smooth" can rejoice.

Nitro has been very hit or miss this season which is strange because I've never had a rough ride on it before. It almost feels like some of the wheels are out of round. Hopefully it's something simple that they'll fix soon.

When I went on Nitro opening day this year it was running really smooth. But It may look like train 2 could be having problems as i've already heard and saw them taking it out of commission for about an hour.

Received a survey through email about adding attractions to the kids area for the 2014 season. As you can see they give 9 options, ask for three, then ask you to pick your favorite of the 3 and explain why. Interestingly, when I went back to the survey to get this screencap, the options changed up a little bit (when I took it there were no coaster options).

greatadventure.png.881992283a5b022bd2dcba8356c286f7.png

Doesn't Great Adventure already have the kiddie swings, flying dumbos, and a rockin' tug (tango)? I also find it weird they would have two coasters on that list considering they already have a very small Zamperla and a slightly larger Tivoli (which I'm guessing are about equivalent to the coasters pictured).

SFGAdv doesn't really need another kids area. When I went there this last Sunday, the park seemed to already have a lot of things for families and children to do in Six Flags standards.

Plus, they already have three kids areas.

^I think a Sally Dark Ride would be great for the park! Nice to see that among the 'choices' they're showing people.

I'd love to see a Sally dark ride at SFGAdv, though I don't think the park needs to have more kids rides as shown in most of the selections.

From what I understood the survey was asking about expanding the current kids area, not making a new one.

I guess they could expand Bugs Bunny National Park into the center of the Saw Mill Log Flume.

Blackbeards is now open, you only get 1 lap now instead of 2

Nitro's 3rd train is running too, it's nice for it to have a much faster moving line again.

How was Nitro running today?

I thought that you were not supposed to discuss the surveys?

Some of them I've taken have big warnings about not talking about them and some of them don't. Either way I'm sure they know it will all end up online, but if they ask not to talk about it that should be respected.

Blackbeards is now open, you only get 1 lap now instead of 2

Nitro's 3rd train is running too, it's nice for it to have a much faster moving line again.

How was Nitro running today?

I rode Nitro 3 times so far, I wasn't keeping track of which train I got for each ride but 1 ride was rough, the other 2 were smoother like it has run in past years. If I get back there before closing, I'll try to see if its a certain train that is bad.