TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Over six years later...Guess it's time for my very first post.

Bizarro isn't going to go anywhere. Especially not in the near future.

If it was going to be removed you would by now definitely see survey markers along with some signs on construction.

The park also would have announced the closure by now especially seeing they have done that with every other coaster that was removed or remodeled in the chain.

The ONLY reason that Bizarro don't get busy isn't because the ride is unpopular it's because it is in a VERY poor section of the park. You have nothing back there and the foot traffic compared to Nitro, Superman, Ka, etc. is quite light. Remember when Medusa/Bizarro didn't open until 12 or 1 a few years ago? That's because it took people forever to get to that section of the park...it's hidden.

They also won't announce anything for 2014 tomorrow. It's unlike the chain to do something like that...plus a huge expansion probably won't happen for at least a few more years.

Regarding Toro. That is just the sand that you are feeling during the ride. If it's been dry and hasn't rained lately, the sand will kick up quite a bit. It's not wood chips or anything along those lines...just sand.

Finally, for next year...everything that has been rumored on here...from what I been hearing is pretty much true.

-Entertainment package is a very strong possibility although I really haven't heard much about it.

-The safari redo is pretty much 100% accurate. It's going to be like Animal Kingdoms tour minus the heavy theme. Where this will take place is unknown. For all we know, they can build a separate parking lot where the safari entrance is and just have that set up as a separate up-charge attraction. I don't think it will interlock in any way/shape/form with the theme park. Plus there is also rumors of a zip-line that may be placed somewhere in the safari as well. AND WE ALL KNOW why they are doing this. Insurance costs are way too high to allow cars through it anymore. It's not really about the GP feeding the animals and such, but primarily do to the amount their insurance company had to shovel out from damage done to cars...It's just a safer cost effective way to have guided tours then have cars go through. Why do you think they been pushing those VIP Safari Bus Tours the past few years?

-ProSlide will also be making an appearance at Hurricane Harbor. With the screw up by Polin...they need something to make the park unique.

I also HIGHLY doubt that a drop tower will be built on the side of Kingda Ka. I don't think the state will allow anything near the motor room to be built, yet alone having an attraction that close to the cable. It could be another disaster just waiting to happen.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

I'm not saying I agree with it being a coaster or anything, but what if part of the announcement is for attractions opening in 2014 as well? They could be announcing plans for future expansion, which might include the taking out of Bizarro. Just something to consider.

Personally, I can see that happening having an announcement made for a new ride for the year 2014. However, I also feel like Six Flags wouldn't do anything like that. The only way I can see that happening is if they announce a new coaster to be built in Bizarro's current area. Then they may say that Bizarro will run to the end of this season and start being taken down most likely to be sent to another park within the system. Once Bizarro is taken completely down they would start to build a new coaster in Bizarro's footprints.

That's my 2 cents about the whole Bizarro possibly leaving rumor. I mean I personally don't see an announcement of a new coaster coming to the park next season in tomorrow's announcement.

Is there some sort of building or catering area in Movie Town that completely precludes the possibility of a ride or coaster or anything at all going in that section? Bizarro's only crime is that it's in a crappy area. Either un-make the area crappy by adding a flat or something, or bring Movie Town back to life. There's no need to relocate a coaster to make room when you've got such a withered themed area on the other side of the park.

I'd expect some type of coaster to be in for the "Biggest" part of the announcement. What I'm thinking is, unfortunately, the takedown of Bizarro (they will ship it out to another park) to make room to access a re-themed, remodeled safari section of the park. I expect Six Flags GA's first wing-coaster, which I expect to go through animal enclosures (similar to Cheetah Hunt down in BG Tampa). I also could see walking paths being added to view these amazing animals (should be part of park admission). I also find the drop tower idea added to Kingda Ka as a very intruiging thought, maybe something that could be added for 2013 or the near future. Either way, I'm expecting a wing-coaster for 2013. If not that, all's hoping for a nice drop tower that beats Lex Luthor over at SFMM.

You're expecting all of this? LOL

Quick question: Does anyone know what time they will be revealing their announcement tomorrow? I really don't want to keep refreshing Facebook all day tomorrow. I don't remember them saying any specific time they were going to make an announcement, so I guess it will be at a random time?

^^The announcements all start at 10am Eastern Time. We'll be posting live updates here, on the Theme Park Review Facebook page and tweeting! So as long as you follow us somewhere you'll know what's going on as it happens!

I can see that happening having an announcement made for a new ride for the year 2014.

Pro TIp: If you are a regional (and not a destination) theme park, you only announce next year's improvements. There is no upside to making people think, " I should probably wait for 2 years for that ride" when the vast majority of park visitors are only there for the day.

What the enthusiasts thinks great adventure needs - " The world biggest drop tower" as six flags might be the only major park in the chain that doesn't have a drop tower at all.

What the general public thinks great adventure needs -Bigger entertainment and family "experience" options for the non riders and families with young children.

What six flags local management thinks they need- Big capacity at hurricane harbor.

What we will actually see announced tomorrow...... ?

^Hope you get it back. I was on the backstage tour last year on the TPR trip and it was amazing how many phones, hats, maps you could see lying on the ground around the coaster.

main_NJSafariOffRoad.jpg.7de6274c931cfacc7990ad472a4dcb20.jpg

Safari Off Road Adventure

Get ready to go on an exotic off-road adventure

In 2013, New Jersey’s Six Flags Great Adventure entertainment complex will undergo its most dramatic transformation in 13 years as the 160-acre theme park and 350-acre Wild Safari animal park unite as one property to become the world’s largest theme park. The mega-park, will introduce the new, one-of-a-kind, themed attraction — Safari Off Road Adventure. At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, water-thrill seekers will challenge a massive, new slide complex — Big Wave Racer.

Boasting 1,200 animals from six continents (including lions, tigers, rhinos, and many more), Safari Off Road Adventure will take you on the most intense, up-close animal experience of your life. First you will enter the amazing, fictional world of the Wilds Family, who have traveled the globe to bring the most interesting and exotic creatures to their home in Jackson, New Jersey. Once through the rustic loading station filled with artifacts from the Wilds’ global journeys, you will hop onto a rugged, open-air, Safari vehicle with 34 other explorers to begin your wild adventure.

Skilled, informed drivers will drive you off-road and up close to the animals as they splash through ponds, climb hills, cross bridges and venture over rugged terrain.

“Never before have guests been able to experience a journey so close to that of a true African safari here in the U.S.,” said John Fitzgerald, park president. “By combining the world’s most exotic animals with Six Flags’ signature entertainment, the Safari Off Road Adventure will be the most incredible animal adventure anywhere. Where else can you ride a wave, go on safari, and soar on world-record breaking coasters?”

When the Wild Safari closes its gates for the 2012 season September 30, it will undergo a massive renovation this winter that includes a redesign of various simulated natural habitats and the creation of Camp Aventura.

Camp Aventura will be the main stop along the off-road excursion. Here you will get to see some of the Wild family’s favorite animals up-close, and even hand-feed or pet them. You can also choose to fly through the air high above the animals on a new zip line for an additional fee.

Safari Off Road Adventure is included with general theme park admission and season passes in 2013, and will be accessible via the Frontier Adventures section of the theme park. Through September 30, 2012, guests will be able to drive their own vehicles through the Wild Safari for the very last time in the park’s 38-year history.

“This is a monumental change for the Wild Safari and our guests,” said Dr. Bill Rives, safari director and chief veterinarian. “For nearly 40 years, people have dreamed of more up-close animal experiences with fewer boundaries, and now we can truly deliver a VIP experience to each and every one of our guests — and it’s included in their theme park admission.”

Safari Off Road Adventure is slated for a Memorial Day weekend debut in 2013.

main_NJWPBigWaveRacer.jpg.ef5c7c88df1fc4030ec8e1c8156b8c78.jpg

Big Wave Racer!

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Introduces Eighth Slide Complex

Get ready to race head-first down 1,800 feet of slide on an aero-dynamically-designed water toboggan. In summer 2013 at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, you will be able to challenge your friends and family to an extreme race on a massive, new slide complex — Big Wave Racer. This new 4-story tall complex will feature multiple lanes that will send you and your competitors barreling head-first down several steep drops before crossing the finish line.

Big Wave Racer is slated for a summer 2013 opening and will be the eighth slide complex at Hurricane Harbor, pushing the number of thrill slides to more than 25. The 45-acre water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river and a large children’s water playground.

Edited by robbalvey

I think this is an awesome addition, or rather re-imagining, as I never had any interest in going on the safari just because of the price. If it is included in the general admission cost, it immediately becomes a more desirable attraction.

I have never done the Safari there before but will definitely go and check it out next year because it is included with park admission.

Like someone previously posted, I am interested in knowing where Camp Aventura and the Zip Lines will be located.

I'm absolutely thrilled. I've always wanted to drive through the Safari but I didn't want to risk damaging the car. The fact that it's becoming a free add-on is outstanding! Great job Six Flags (did I just say that?), this attraction is going to have mass appeal.

Six Flags took something that used to be an upcharge and made it free, and they're keeping Bizarro! I can't possibly see how anyone can complain about this.

So let the complaining begin