TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

They should send Bizarro to SFMM.

Dueling Mirrored Floorless Parking Lot Coaster anybody?

Screamscape keeps posting rumors about Bizarro leaving the park. While it would make business sense, I would hate to see it go. I'm one of the five people in the world that still enjoy the ride; maybe it's still nostalgia 'cause I remember how totally awesome it was (in my humble 8-year-old opinion) opening year.

I honestly love Bizarro. It's actually my favorite inverting B&M that I've ridden! I would be greatly disappointed if it were removed from the park.

I was able to vist SFGAdv for the first time in my life on August 11th. Like any good coaster enthusiast I made a point of riding every coaster there. Bizarro was the biggest surprise for me, it is much better than Scream and it is one of the best coasters at the park. If you are complaining that this ride is getting the B&M rattle then what about Green Lantern which is so much worse?

I remember riding Chang at SFKK and loving it as one of the best Standups B&M has ever done, but it has lost a lot more in the move to SFGAdv than I think Bizarro has in it's 13 years of operation.

Smart money says Bizarro isn't going anywhere. Great adventure is the premier Six Flags park on the East Coast and a cash cow for Six Flags. According to most recent quarterly earnings filing, SFGADV has the highest spend per person of any park.

Another interesting fact :

Great Adventure- Land holdings 2200 acres

all other Six Flags parks combined 3359 acres.

Great Adventure certainly isn't cramped for space.

In the past 25 years the only time the park has relocated a ride was during "the line on wars" where nearly all properties swapped rides and (allegedly) batman: the chiller as it was rumored to be a maintainence nightmare.

-chris 'visual scan" con

They actually own much much more land than that. There are Six flags POSTED signs at the edged of the woods all the way to route 195 (if you pay attention you will notice them). I believe this is because the park has to buy an acre of undeveloped land for every acre of tree's they cut down. At least that's what I heard, correct me if I'm wrong.

Great Adventure really has the potential to be a 'Disney of the North' in my opinion. The fact that they own an incredible amount of land, are situated in some of the densest population areas of the country, and already boast a unique attraction in the safari make me believe that this park could be out of this world.

While I love the thrills that great adventure offers, I think this park has much more potential.

I'd be curious as to see what their 10 year plan looks like. Are they going to keep mashing coasters together? IE, Superman, Green lantern, El Toro, Kingda Ka....or are they going to re-develop some land and put some thought into further expansion.

The fact that they own an incredible amount of land, are situated in some of the densest population areas of the country...

And one of the roughest population areas. The clientele is really going to make it tough to become the "Disney of the North", among other reasons.

There were rumblings that Great Adventure was going to close the safari as a drive-thru and re-open as a tour ride similar to Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens Tampa. So far at least half of that appears to be true. If they go that route, I'd have a hard time believing they could make it as good/well-themed as the one at Tampa, but who knows--maybe they can just do a carbon copy if they can't think of something original. The rumors also stated there would not be an upcharge. If that happens I would honestly be surprised, but I think a scaled-down version that's free would be better.

As some of you have mentioned, Six Flags owns a ton of land and I agree they have a lot of wasted potential. I think part of the problem is the franchise ownership. Six Flags is stretched too thin to focus all their resources on expanding only Great Adventure (not including any resulting problems with land acquisitions in the area). I think they would do well to look into adding resorts and other facilities on-site, but I think a facelift of sorts would be necessary before those kinds of properties could be successful.

Great Adventure really has the potential to be a 'Disney of the North' in my opinion.

The amount of potential this park has is insane. I just wish corporate would realize that. In fact, it would be a lot better if someone like Busch or Universal acquired the property, then this park would flourish beyond belief in my opinion.

The park has potential, but I hear Jackson Township doesn't like the park cutting trees down for more rides/attractions. That's probably one of the reasons why the park seems to have a history of replacing old attractions for newer ones and building over the parking lot instead of expanding the park.

I'm sure money also has something to do with the park not being able to expand too much. I know SFGAdv is a flagship park in a good market, but still. The park did consider giving each area a facelift similar to Golden Kingdon/Plaza del Carnival, but those fell through. I do recall the park also considering a resort hotel at one point, but I'm not sure if Jackson prevented it or if the plans fell through after the chain declared bankruptcy.

If Bizarro gets moved, my bet would be SFOT. It would fit in that spot where Flashback used to be if you run it over to that area where the dead mall is. SFStL is getting Flashback.

I'm also guessing that SFOT *could* also be getting a StarFlyer as well. The Facebook post showed the parachutes and Flashback, which are both leaving, with a tease for the Sept 30 announcement that says "go bigger". Replacing both rides makes sense.

This is probably me being stupid, but how did this whole "Bizarro is getting relocated" rumor ever come about? It seems a bit ridiculous, considering that Bizarro is still pretty popular.

This is probably me being stupid, but how did this whole "Bizarro is getting relocated" rumor ever come about? It seems a bit ridiculous, considering that Bizarro is still pretty popular.

Unfortunately it's really not all that popular. We've visited the park twice this year (both on weekends) and the ride had a station wait both days while rides like Kingda Ka and El Toro had hour waits. I think it's a great coaster and most people seem to like it, but it's location in the park is awful. I'm confident that if they were to put a big headline coaster or thrill ride back there the lines for Bizarro would get very long.

I'm not using this to justify these rumors, just making an observation.

Does anyone else feel that Green lantern is really ugly? The yellow loop, the lift out in the middle of the parking lot. It just looks like its piled right on top of/in front of the rest of the park behind, and is trying to be center stage but failing miserably..

Unfortunately it's really not all that popular. We've visited the park twice this year (both on weekends) and the ride had a station wait both days while rides like Kingda Ka and El Toro had hour waits. I think it's a great coaster and most people seem to like it, but it's location in the park is awful. I'm confident that if they were to put a big headline coaster or thrill ride back there the lines for Bizarro would get very long.

I'm not using this to justify these rumors, just making an observation.

Hey, no worries. If it's any consolation, when my buddies and I went there in April I believe the queue was over an hour long in the mid-afternoon. Your queue times may vary?

Maybe someone in the Six Flags Over Texas community was having "old-school B&M lust"?