TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Apparently what's new for 2013 will be announced August 30th. Everyone's guessing it's safari related as facebook message shows a picture of a chest and says "Where one door closes, another opens" or something like that.

What makes people think that clue is a safari reference. That clue makes me think dark ride.

Apparently what's new for 2013 will be announced August 30th. Everyone's guessing it's safari related as facebook message shows a picture of a chest and says "Where one door closes, another opens" or something like that.

What makes people think that clue is a safari reference. That clue makes me think dark ride.

I forgot if it was the GM or President, but according to a Great Adventure fan site moderator, he talked to one of those people who said they were changing the Safari from a car drive version, to a tour guide version, sort of like the one at Animal Kingdom, but I don't think it'll be as themed.

I dont think it will be themed at all... I think this is a way to get more people to go since people are concerned about their cars... I think the pictures of monkeys on your car from the 90s doesn't exactly send a welcoming idea in the minds of todays BMW and Audi East Coast Drivers (me being one of them). It might also be an insurance move...

Looks like this saturday has a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Starting to rethink my trip there now.

Not sure if its 100% worth it with the rain.

There was a 50% chance of rain while we were there today, and it was blue sky's all day. Rides closed for about three minutes but that was about it.

I created a new music video while at the park.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nTnaC5eE1I&feature=youtu.be

^ It depends, do you get scarred of heights from being up there a few seconds just because you are looking down or is it that you only get afraid when you are there for awhile? If it is the first, close your eyes on the drop of Kingda Ka and I think you will be ok. If it is the second, you will be fine but don't go on the parachute tower, Ferris wheel, or Skyscreamer.

^^Actually, the proximity with the parking lot actually makes it seem less tall, because the only view is a parking lot, trees, and a highway. Since there isn't much to compare your height with, it does not seem as tall as it is.

Also, it goes slow enough over the hophat to not provide airtime, but fast enough so that is is over quickly. You should be fine.

I have gotten airtime in the back of TTD, but never KK. Although, I have ridden KK once, in row 3, and I got far more airtime on the brakes hill than the tophat.

Unfortunatly, the hills fail to pull you over like Xcelerator or Stormrunner. It would be wicked if they could make a strata with as much airtime over to tophat as either of these.