TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Park is very crowded now, Green Lantern almost has a full queue and try have an overflow queue setup. Superman looks to be around 45 minutes. The lot isnt that full but there a ton of buses. I wasn't even in line for 2 minutes before getting cut by a group of kids (waiting for Blackbeards since it is only a 2 cycle wait)

I was there later in the day. Green Lantern was about an hour wait, Toro 30 minutes. I was impressed that it was a Thursday, but there were 3 trains on GL, Bizarro and Nitro and both sides of the Skyride and Rolling Thunder were open. GL's three trains were moving pretty well too, though there were tons of employees working it.

Toro is definitely rougher than opening, though by no means is unbearable. I felt like Nitro was much rougher than usual today too...

At opening, go to Green Lantern then stop at Superman, go to Kingda Ka and then El Toro. Those are going to be the 4 rides with the worst lines. After that, I would go to Bizarro, go on the Log Flume if you want (I know it isn't a coaster but it can get a very long line later in the day) and take the Skyway over to the other side of the park and ride Batman and Nitro. That would take care of all the major coasters.

I visited the park for the first time this season on Wenesday, it was fairly crowded with a lot of School trips. We hit Green Lantern first, it had about an hour wait. First off they really need some more cover from the sun in that line cause your really in the parking lot an it can be brutal. Overall I thought the ride was just ok, I still give Bizzaro the nod over it. As for El Toro, its been running better then ever, yes it is a bit rough in the back but im not complaining. I had a overall decent day an got on every major coaster once. The operations were sketchy though with a bunch of breakdowns. As a season pass holder I'll see things improve over the course of the season.

Or just go to the flash pass (that is what it's called this week right?) booth first. Then scroll down to "El Toro" a bunch of times and keep reserving it.

This. Get the gold flash pass, its a little pricey, but this thing SAVED MY A$$ at Great Adventure. Most of the coasters where 2 hour waits when I went but I got all the credits and a ton of El Toro rerides! For about an hour or so all I did was reserve, scan, reserve, wait a few minutes to get on, ride, then get back in line! BE SURE TO REVERSE AGAIN ONCE YOU GET IT SCANNED SO YOU CAN GET RIGHT BACK IN LINE ONCE YOUR OFF THE RIDE. And when I went Kingda Ka kept breaking down every 20 minutes or so, but the flash pass got us on. It may see like a lot when you're handing over the money for the flash pass, but its MORE THAN WORTH IT at the end of the day when you've done an El Toro marrathon.

Flashpass merges at the station for Nitro, Bizarro, El Toro, Batman, Superman, Kingda Ka and I think Green Lantern so you can pick your row. Dark Knight merges at the pre show, Skull Moutain uses car 5, Rolling Thunder also uses the middle rows and Runaway Mine Train has 1 row in the middle reserved for Flashpass.

^^^The pathway in the Golden Kingdom is closed

Question, Is the pathway from Kingda Ka to El Toro blocked off now?

Yes, but you can walk briskly through the Safari Discoveries exhibit to save a little walking time to go from KK to ET, but not in the reverse order.

Yes, but you can walk briskly through the Safari Discoveries exhibit to save a little walking time to go from KK to ET, but not in the reverse order.

When I was there last week, the people working in the exhibit let us walk through in reverse from ET to KK. We didn't even know you couldn't go the other way haha

Flashpass merges at the station for Nitro, Bizarro, El Toro, Batman, Superman, Kingda Ka and I think Green Lantern so you can pick your row. Dark Knight merges at the pre show, Skull Moutain uses car 5, Rolling Thunder also uses the middle rows and Runaway Mine Train has 1 row in the middle reserved for Flashpass.

Rolling Thunder's Flashpass location has moved, it now merges with the line for the right track just before the staircase into the station.

Rolling Thunder's Flashpass location has moved, it now merges with the line for the right track just before the staircase into the station.

Does Rolling Thunder really even need Flaspass services? There aren't exactly crowds itching to ride it these days.

Does Rolling Thunder really even need Flaspass services? There aren't exactly crowds itching to ride it these days.

On extremely busy days it does?