TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

You are killin' it (as they say) tonight! Second post by you that has pretty much made the day.

In regards to GL, I don't know about that yellow loop, but farewell old friend. I really hope they fixed that horrible pothole/track gap in the carousel through the dive loop though, it was jarring to go through the whole ride smooth as butter and hit that right before the track tightens into that final corkscrew.

I'm anxious to see how capacity is on GL. I'm sure it will depend on a number of things (reliability, etc), but I think the two main points will be how fast the crew is and whether they will be running it like Cedar Point (everyone must be standing) or SFMM (standing or basically sitting). Either way, it looks like a great ride and I can't wait to ride it this summer!

The capacity on GL will be AMZING. During the construction tour, they said they will have 3 trains and 6 attendants during 2011. After that, I think they will just have normal 2-3 train operations with 2-3 attendants

Edited by DiveMachine

I really doubt the ride will have six people checking the train. No ride at gadv has ever had over 4 people checking a train. They may of been counting the greeter and the operator.

There are banners all over the fort, and banners and ads in the station. There were 2 sets of old photographs with captions about traveling to the West in the queue. One set of them was removed for the banner. I know it's not the greatest picture of the train, I tried to take a picture quickly before someone said something about having a camera out in the station (that I have seen happen to others even though I always keep the phone in a zippered pocket while on the rides).

The capacity on GL will be AMZING. During the construction tour, they said they will have 3 trains and 6 attendants during 2011. After that, I think they will just have normal 2-3 train operations with 2-3 attendants

...Which probably means for opening day only. Technically that's during the 2011 season, even if it's only one day.