TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Whoa whoa whoa... Polly-o!?!? As in the cheese!?!? I need pictures of this!! That is the only brand of mozzarella and ricotta I'll eat. I have to get it special out here cause it's not a west coast brand.

I honestly do really like Dominator's yellow loop since it is SO massive and facing directly at the entrance. Plus, it is only the single loop and not half the inversions like on here. Another plus is that the yellow and orange colors that they used look good together, unlike the yellow and green. I can say though, I really hate how Green Lantern is starting to look...

29.jpg.af948136c77e6501ce8380dbdbbc9275.jpg

It looks like crap, I really hate what they are doing to Green Lantern. Just leave the damn thing green! Bizarro and Superman are enemies but Bizarro doesn't have red track parts so why does Green Lantern have to have a "battle" with Parallax? It's killing the ride, the least they can do is actually tell us what is happening before hand so we dont get confused and start to shun them for it. Not like it's gonna work, the GP seeing a huge yellow loop on "GREEN Lantern" is gonna be confused as hell. If anyone has seen the park map it shows the tops of the supports as white. This is more bizarre than Bizarro itself right now. I really hope what they are doing is going to be worth while because if not they really screwed themselves over this time.

And Polly-O? Why?! Of all coasters Runaway Train? Why not just wrap garbage cans or hang up some banners at the food courts? It would make much more sence than wrapping a train car and hanging giant banners from the fort. With a combination of this and Green Lantern the way it's turning out, I'm very dissapointed with Great Adventure/

It looks like crap, I really hate what they are doing to Green Lantern. Just leave the damn thing green! Bizarro and Superman are enemies but Bizarro doesn't have red track parts so why does Green Lantern have to have a "battle" with Parallax? It's killing the ride, the least they can do is actually tell us what is happening before hand so we dont get confused and start to shun them for it. Not like it's gonna work, the GP seeing a huge yellow loop on "GREEN Lantern" is gonna be confused as hell. If anyone has seen the park map it shows the tops of the supports as white. This is more bizarre than Bizarro itself right now. I really hope what they are doing is going to be worth while because if not they really screwed themselves over this time.

And Polly-O? Why?! Of all coasters Runaway Train? Why not just wrap garbage cans or hang up some banners at the food courts? It would make much more sence than wrapping a train car and hanging giant banners from the fort. With a combination of this and Green Lantern the way it's turning out, I'm very dissapointed with Great Adventure/

Yes, they killed the ride. Thanks for that insight.

Who told you that there was not going to be an explanation? How soon before Bizarro opened did the general public know the story behind the transformation of the ride?

And they wrap the trains because that is what the advertisers want to pay for. Many advertisers have a problem with sponsoring garbage cans.

If you look at the web cam now you can see that on the second corkscrew half way thru and out to the turn is all painted in primer. This track was yellow, I really do not under stand what they are doing now to me it looks like a waste of time and money. They should of just painted the whole ride green.

Yes, they killed the ride. Thanks for that insight.

Who told you that there was not going to be an explanation? How soon before Bizarro opened did the general public know the story behind the transformation of the ride?

And they wrap the trains because that is what the advertisers want to pay for. Many advertisers have a problem with sponsoring garbage cans.

I know that, ignore most of my little rant there. What I was trying to get to was that Six Flags should stop spending millions on coasters and start saving their money before they go bankrupt again and shut down.

If you look at the web cam now you can see that on the second corkscrew half way thru and out to the turn is all painted in primer. This track was yellow, I really do not under stand what they are doing now to me it looks like a waste of time and money. They should of just painted the whole ride green.

I'm fairly sure the park knows what they're doing. Doubtful they made a mistake. It doesn't matter if you understand what six flags is doing with the paint job or not....as long as it's open the day they say it's going to open right? Who cares what they are doing with the paint right now? It's not going to change the ride experience in a few weeks. Everyone is getting in a tizzy about the colors of the ride. It is clear we have no idea what they are planning on doing...so let's just leave it until it finished. Some of you guys find ways of getting upset over the stupidest things

I'm fairly sure the park knows what they're doing. Doubtful they made a mistake. It doesn't matter if you understand what six flags is doing with the paint job or not....as long as it's open the day they say it's going to open right? Who cares what they are doing with the paint right now? It's not going to change the ride experience in a few weeks. Everyone is getting in a tizzy about the colors of the ride. It is clear we have no idea what they are planning on doing...so let's just leave it until it finished. Some of you guys find ways of getting upset over the stupidest things

I can care less about what color the ride is. They just painted parts of that corkscrew yellow two weeks a go and now they are repainting it again. Thats just what is confusing they may of just changed there minds after the loop was painted, and thats why I said it is a wast of time and money doing stuff twice cost a lot.

I know that, ignore most of my little rant there. What I was trying to get to was that Six Flags should stop spending millions on coasters and start saving their money before they go bankrupt again and shut down.

Just throwing it out there, but I don't think buying some yellow paint instead of green paint and throwing up a few boards to explain really constitutes "spending millions on coasters."

The whole job is union a painter can only paint and they get charged for any extra stuff like that. The general contractor will charge the park a arm and a leg for stuff like that.

Nice, nice. Can't wait till it opens!

And about the painting of the loop, I really don't care what color it is. As long as it doesn't affect ride performance I could care less. It's just a little paint, and roller coasters' first purpose isn't to look good, it's to provide thrills to its riders.