TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Did you enjoy Opening Day 2011? Wanna re-live it? GreatAdventureTV presents, Opening Day 2011 "Better than Life"

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: This post is in violation of our Terms of Service. You are not allowed to post external links, especially to your own site until you have at least 50 legitimate posts on the forum, otherwise, posts like this are considered SPAM.

Edited by jedimaster1227

it was really nice. I got multiple rides on Ka, Toro, Bizarro(which went down in the morning) , Nitro, Batman, TDK and TANGO along with rides Skully, Blackbeards, Tornado AND houdini. I saw a hilarious shirt in a shop next to El Toro(El Mercado) that said "You must be 48" to ride my woodie" . I'll try to get a picture next time I go. Overall, it was a great day and bizarro was running the best I've ever seen seen it(amazing except for the auger laying right next to the ride)

Does anyone know if the pathway connecting Golden Kingdom and Plaza Del Carnival will be opened again???

It is not going to reopen, I belive it is going to be more petting zoo area or somthing else that has to do with the safari.

• 2 weeks later...

The park was dead today, I was expecting that though since I didn't think most people go to parks on Easter and visit with family and friends. Amazing weather too, sunny and around 80 out. Maybe the forecast of thunderstorms also kept people away.

Most rides were walk ons or a very short wait. Kingda Ka was 5 - 10 minutes, Bizarro was a 2 train wait even Superman was a walk on. Nitro was the exception and about an hour wait when I left the park a little after 4:00 (I didn't wait but the line was a little past the 60 minute sign and I heard those signs are accurate when only 1 train is running) but that was because they were only running 1 train, I had ridden earlier in the day with 2 trains running and got 3 rides with no wait.

How crowded is the park in May in the middle of the week, say, a Wednesday? My semester lets out this Friday so I'll be back in the NY-NJ area for all of May. I remember going last year in May and it was somewhat crowded, but then I went in mid June and it was empty.

How crowded is the park in May in the middle of the week, say, a Wednesday? My semester lets out this Friday so I'll be back in the NY-NJ area for all of May. I remember going last year in May and it was somewhat crowded, but then I went in mid June and it was empty.

It all depends if a lot of school trips end up at the park on that day.

the park usually expects anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 during the day. it gets weird sometimes too some days due to schools to schools it will be packed during the day and then it will be dead at night, and then there are days that it is dead and packed at night. you can always try calling the park and asking how many people are there.

Maybe I'm alone, but I like Dominator's differently-colored vertical loop, and I'd say the same for this. I thought it was only going to be the corkscrew though, because there'll be some sort of effects there - maybe they had extra paint?

At least Dominator's loop is sorta kinda close-ish to the rest of the track, but this looks ridiculous.

Maybe I'm alone, but I like Dominator's differently-colored vertical loop, and I'd say the same for this. I thought it was only going to be the corkscrew though, because there'll be some sort of effects there - maybe they had extra paint?

At least Dominator's loop is sorta kinda close-ish to the rest of the track, but this looks ridiculous.

I do agree with you there. I think it works here if there's going to be some special effects surround that element, like the corkscrew. But I'm not rooting for it to become Neon: The Ride!