TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Batman & Nitro are both yellow and next to each other that didn't stop them, and GL has a darker shade of green then KK. have you been or even seen pictures of Cedar Point they painted Iron Dragon the same colors of TTD and they are right next to each other. Plus do you think they are going to color a coaster themed to Green Lantern and thing other then green ( I understand they are making the corkscrews yellow) .

Still kind of odd IMO.

But yeah that's SF style....

And yeah theres another thing i don't understand, - why paint the corkscrews yellow?!

^ Batman & Nitro are both yellow and next to each other that didn't stop them, and GL has a darker shade of green then KK. have you been or even seen pictures of Cedar Point they painted Iron Dragon the same colors of TTD and they are right next to each other. Plus do you think they are going to color a coaster themed to Green Lantern and thing other then green ( I understand they are making the corkscrews yellow) .

Still kind of odd IMO.

But yeah that's SF style....

And yeah theres another thing i don't understand, - why paint the corkscrews yellow?!

Because as par theme, you encounter PARALLAX one of Green Lanterns main enemies. The Facebook for the park also said the labels on the corkscrew during repaint labeled them "Parallax".

It's an amusement park, not a prom or the Academy Awards. 99.9% of visitors don't care if two coasters in close proximity are the same color.

The main color scheme of the Green Lantern character is what color? GREEN.

Kingda Ka is already green. I don't see SF, which is tightening their spending, repainting a 456 ft tall ride.

So if you are bothered by the two coasters being the same color, too bad. Deal with it.

Regarding Superman and Green Lantern in the Boardwalk area, again deal with it. I would much rather have these coasters that don't fit the boardwalk theme than a Flitzer and a powered coaster, popular rides in a boardwalk location. And why didn't SF theme the B&M stand-up to Aquaman to fit the Boardwalk. Well Aqauman doesn't have a have an upcoming movie release does he?

Yes, people are feel to express their opinion if they are upset. However, as enthusiasts is this really what you want to talk about? Really?

I honestly don't mind the similar paint. As long as you're not dumb enough to confuse the two, you'll be fine.

I'm LOVING how Green Lantern is coming out. That pic just posted reminds me of watching Riddler's Revenge going up. All of that green track is VERY intimidating...

That pic just posted reminds me of watching Riddler's Revenge going up.

When you were a single year old?

Silly me. Have to explain myself here...

I remember looking at a site, don't remember where, that had TONS of Riddler's Revenge construction pics. They were horrible quality, but look alot like the pics I'm seeing of Green Lantern's construction.

Perhaps I should try and find that site...

^It's basically a larger, mirrored version of Mantis with a better 2nd half.

Yup, Comfortable ground hugging turns and inversions > awkward, rough figure 8's every time. That's the reason I loved Chang and I don't love Mantis.

^It's basically a larger, mirrored version of Mantis with a better 2nd half.

I rode Chang in Kentucky and loved it. By far it was the best ride there. I personally don't like Mantis, it's too compact and has a lot of "ear boxing." I can't wait for this Green Lantern. I don't think I'll be a fan of Green Lantern at Magic Mountain.