TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Any day in April is good, and only the weekdays in May are good. After that, September Sundays are GREAT days to go.

And what about September Saturday's? We are going to visit the park for 2 days! September 17th and 18th... Should we take a Flash Pass on Saturday? What would your advise be?

Love to hear the crowds are low on September Sunday

Never been on a September Sunday, but they are probably a little more crowded than the Sunday. On the Sunday you can get away with about 15 minute waits for all the coasters, but on Saturdays they're probably more like 30 to 40 minutes.

Ok, I have a few questions:

I'm planning to go to SFGADV this spring, but I have a few options on when to go.

Does anybody know how crowded weekends in May are? I was planning to go Memorial Day weekend but with GL expected to open, that means crowds.

Also, what is the weather usually like in late April? (April 20th-ish and so on)

Finally, Does the park provide a two day admission ticket plan? I've only seen single day admission tickets on the website.

Any answers will help, Thanks.

Weekends in May probably aren't the best idea, especially if you can go in April instead. And for GL crowds, I don't think it's opening till the end of May so you probably won't have to worry about it. Also, the weather in late April is like 60's, not super rainy and the temperature is great for everything except water rides. Finally, I don't believe there is a two day ticket.

Finally, Does the park provide a two day admission ticket plan? I've only seen single day admission tickets on the website.

You would probably just want to get a season pass for $60 if you want to go for both days.

Online prices are $36, but they charge you a $5 "handling" fee, so overall if you bought 2 tickets it'd run you about $77. You can just purchase the pass at the park and you won't have to deal with any additional fees.

I apologize, I was basing my Season Pass experience off Magic Mountain's site, which offers a "one park pass" for $60 and I thought it would be the same with Great Adventure. Seems odd that Great Adventure doesn't offer the same deal, as I can take my Magic Mountain pass that I bought for $60 and use it at any Six Flags park (including GA).

For some reason the Great Adventure site doesn't offer a "one park pass" and it does look like you'll have to buy a $100 2 park pass if you want one. In that case, you'd be better off buying 2 tickets for the two separate days.

It's very strange to me how that park is offering their passes, when ALL of the other park sites offer the pass for $60. Maybe someone that visits the park could weigh in the reasoning, or if you can in fact buy a $60 one park pass at the park. What if you don't care about visiting the "second park?" That's kinda dumb.

For years although the Safari is a separate gate, it was included with admission to the theme park so they never sold theme park only season passes or tickets (but did sell safari only tickets). Even with the safari no longer included with admission to the theme park (and this year now even SF passholders from other parks can't get into the safari for free) but last year I think they offered a play pass without the safari or coupon book but it was only $10 less at $69.99. They probably figure people will pay more for the pass anyway even if they don't use the safari.

Now i know why americans think Danish parks as Tivoli Gardens is "so" beautifull, it's because in some of your own park they just build some coasters on a parking lot.. I think it's a bit sad for SFGAdv they don't theme there rides enough..

For some enthusiasts it's probraly a paradise, but IMO a well themed coaster is the top!

IMO bad style SFGAdv and who else that does it!.

- Kian

Now i know why americans think Danish parks as Tivoli Gardens is "so" beautifull, it's because in some of your own park they just build some coasters on a parking lot.. I think it's a bit sad for SFGAdv they don't theme there rides enough..

For some enthusiasts it's probraly a paradise, but IMO a well themed coaster is the top!

IMO bad style SFGAdv and who else that does it!.

- Kian

Trust me, there will be theming

^I agree, since the coaster is opening up around the same time as the movie, it wouldn't surprise me to see some Bizarro-like sensory effects onride. I still feel that Great Adventure is one of the better-themed Six Flags parks, but Six Flags is really strictly a thrill ride chain. American parks have plenty of theming, look at the Disney, Universal, and Busch parks. It all comes down to whether you prefer thrills or theme, but you really have such a great variety of different kinds of parks in America. Take your pick, Disney World or Cedar Point.

I agree, since the coaster is opening up around the same time as the movie, it wouldn't surprise me to see some Bizarro-like sensory effects onride.

Good God, I hope they don't waste money on that on-ride audio crap for Green Lantern! Put the money into landscaping, tunnels, some fire/pyrotechnics, some nice station theming and perhaps a gravy or cheese splashdown & call it done.

We already know it isn't going to be Black Mamba, Nemesis, Crystal Wings or some of the other greatly themed coasters in other countries, but please spare us from having to listen to garbled voices and audio that is only going to be outdated, broken or unused in less than two seasons!

The main themeing wil be the yellow track(supposed to represent Parallax, GL enemy) and some tunnels. There won't be on-board audio and they are also using GASM's old queue house that they stripped all the way down to the frame as a new themed queue house. How well that will be themed still remains a question.

Edited by DiveMachine