TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

A great offseason tour was posted over at GreatAdventureHistory.com Be sure to check it out!

Here are my thoughts on what looks to be a great season.

Thanks for the update! The park is really starting to amaze me in every way.

Safari Kids

-Wild Things selling Safari merch. is a great idea. Bringing some of the amazing animal park to the dry park is even better.

-Birds of Prey sounds like a great show that most adults would want to watch

Skyway Cars

-The sponsor by M&M should really add some color to the ride. Maybe they will look more like Cedar Point's skycars which is never a bad thing.

Tornado

-Although Harbor just got Tornado last year, that is a GREAT name for the ride. With the red paint job, I'm sure it will get a lot of attention.

SlingShot

-Probably my second favorite addition of 2011. A more extreme ride in Boardwalk is a good idea. It will draw a crowd as well since it launches a lot faster than erUPtion.

Green Lantern

-The queue area looks to be one of the best in Gadv. Judging by the queue house.

-I know it's never good to go by Park Maps but Green Lantern looks to be a lot better than what I was expecting.

-Why are the top half of the supports White in the park map?

-The station on the map looks well themed to say the least.

-This is one big A$$ COASTER!

Safari Discoveries

-This basically proves that Gadv is one of the BEST animal parks out there. The entire Temple of the Tiger exhibit will get a lot of attention from guest.

-The new path area also offers great views of El Toro

-LLAMAS!

Conclusion

Great Adventure is celebrating the 50th Anniversary for sure! There are going to be a lot of new experiences in the park next year. Several on the west AND the east side of the park. Which hasn't happened in a couple of years. New rides, shows, upcharges, and animals. Even the park map looks amazing! There will be a lot to do. New Management is doing a GREAT job at running the park and we are looking at a great future!

I like Eruption, and for $5, it was cheap. This new slingshot may be better, but judging by the price for Blitz at SFNE (a slingshot), it may cost more to ride the Eruption did. It's cool to see that llamas and kangaroos are coming to the park (two of my favorite animals), and also to see that Frontier Adventure's paths are being repaved! Those were pretty bad.

EDIT: And yay for the waterwheel being rehabbed!

It seems like they are finally addressing the Old Country area as Musik Express is being sold off, I wonder what the plans are?

I wouldn't expect much for the area, Musik Express was listed for sale a while ago. It only just recently found someone willing to buy it. Even with its torn tarp. I remember hearing it being put up for sale before the start of last season.

I'd love to see Old Country come back but the only attraction there would be Autobahn. I doubt many people would even venture that far into Movietown to see that Autobahn is sitting back there in Old Country without having something more interesting to bring them closer to it (like Chiller did).

Bizarro has great theming (in my opinion, I know others will disagree), El Toro has a minimal but fitting theme, and Kingda Ka has a decent theme. With Plaza del Carnaval and Golden Kingdom, I would say GA is one of the better-themed Six Flags parks. I would like Green Lantern to have some special effects, but it's really isn't a big deal. By the way, loop looks great!

Would anybody else agree with me that they REALLY need to do something with the Batman Stunt Arena?

I mean, that thing has been isolated for the past, what, 5-6 years?

I say they either re-theme it or just tear it down. The thing is an eyesore.

A great offseason tour was posted over at GreatAdventureHistory.com Be sure to check it out!

Here are my thoughts on what looks to be a great season.

Thanks for the update! The park is really starting to amaze me in every way.

Safari Kids

-Wild Things selling Safari merch. is a great idea. Bringing some of the amazing animal park to the dry park is even better.

-Birds of Prey sounds like a great show that most adults would want to watch

Skyway Cars

-The sponsor by M&M should really add some color to the ride. Maybe they will look more like Cedar Point's skycars which is never a bad thing.

Tornado

-Although Harbor just got Tornado last year, that is a GREAT name for the ride. With the red paint job, I'm sure it will get a lot of attention.

SlingShot

-Probably my second favorite addition of 2011. A more extreme ride in Boardwalk is a good idea. It will draw a crowd as well since it launches a lot faster than erUPtion.

Green Lantern

-The queue area looks to be one of the best in Gadv. Judging by the queue house.

-I know it's never good to go by Park Maps but Green Lantern looks to be a lot better than what I was expecting.

-Why are the top half of the supports White in the park map?

-The station on the map looks well themed to say the least.

-This is one big A$$ COASTER!

Safari Discoveries

-This basically proves that Gadv is one of the BEST animal parks out there. The entire Temple of the Tiger exhibit will get a lot of attention from guest.

-The new path area also offers great views of El Toro

-LLAMAS!

Conclusion

Great Adventure is celebrating the 50th Anniversary for sure! There are going to be a lot of new experiences in the park next year. Several on the west AND the east side of the park. Which hasn't happened in a couple of years. New rides, shows, upcharges, and animals. Even the park map looks amazing! There will be a lot to do. New Management is doing a GREAT job at running the park and we are looking at a great future!

Sorry about being behind on this, but where are you finding the 2011 park map?

they still use it from time to time the the last time that they had a stunt show all season was 2006. They really do need to do somthing with it a new show or a well themed drop tower with effects going on around you would be nice to see. Right now it is just an eye swore as well as the rest of the old country.

I was comparing the number of park days and hours for 2011 versus 2010 at SFGAdv.

In 2011, the park will have 19 less operating days, actually 18 if you factor in the one day that was closed for a private event in 2010 that is now open to the public in 2011

Between less days and shorter hours in May and June the park will be open for 176 less hours over the course of 2011.

And unfortunately those less operating days would have been the best days to go to the park. 2 weeks opening later so we don't even get a late March or early April weekend for low crowds since the first and second weekends are Scout Weekends and then there is Spring Break. No 2nd week of daily operations during Spring Break also would have been a quiet time to go to the park based on past years. Then they are now closed some weekdays in mid May when they used to be open every day by then which also usually were empty except for some college kids and a few school trips.

Even worse, it looks like there won't be Coasters After Dark or Family Fall Fun Night since neither event is listed on the events page and with the park cutting costs, that seemed like it would be one of the first things to go.

Easter Sunday (though that could change with the park open to everyone this year), May and early to mid June weekdays (before school lets out) as long as there is not an event scheduled that day like student council day, possibly the 1st Friday night Frightfest (October 14th). They are closed the first Friday night this year (October 7th) so the 1st Friday this year is what used to be the 2nd Friday. Sunday's in April, May, early June and September are also usually not bad if there are no events or concerts. Columbus Day can also be empty as long as it is not bring a friend free day for passholders. Last year it wasn't crowded.

Any day in April is good, and only the weekdays in May are good. After that, September Sundays are GREAT days to go.

And what about September Saturday's? We are going to visit the park for 2 days! September 17th and 18th... Should we take a Flash Pass on Saturday? What would your advise be?

Love to hear the crowds are low on September Sunday