TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Coldstone is too, but the product is just waayyyy more satisfying so i'm willing to pay it. Word is that Ben and Jerry's is getting anxious to join this Dippin Dots vs Coldstone battle, at least that's what the El Toro operated told me =x

The parking attendant told me they were removing El Toro to make room for a brand new parking lot inside the park.

And no, I'm not serious...

The Papa Johns guy told me that they're not going to remove El Toro, they will just move it to the middle of the lake, next to Green Lantern. Yes, the Papa Johns guy is leaking information now, so we dont have to worry about the Dippin Dots guy being fired.

MODERATOR NOTE: When an inside joke goes 23 hours behind responses it has run its' course. Please refrain from any more talk of the Dippin Dots, Cold Stone, Johnny Rockets, Papa John or any other comments. It was funny (for some) while it lasted but let's get back to a real discussion about the park.

thank you

I'm real anxious to see how efficient Green Lantern is going to run three trains. So far the best I've ever seen it done was Riddler's Revenge circa 2007, and that was no easy task to have a train dispatching at the moment the previous train cleared Block brake. And even that was just in spurts...God bless those internationals from Thailand!

I'm real anxious to see how efficient Green Lantern is going to run three trains. So far the best I've ever seen it done was Riddler's Revenge circa 2007, and that was no easy task to have a train dispatching at the moment the previous train cleared Block brake. And even that was just in spurts...God bless those internationals from Thailand!

Hopefully they will have more than 2 ride ops check the trains since every other coaster only has 2 ops checking restraints with exceptions once in a while (and KK with 2 ops checking restraints per train). Nothing against the ride ops but if only 2 are checking restraints on a ride like Bizarro that always stacks with 3 trains and a lot of the time double stacks with 3 trains, I don't see how they are not always going to double stack with 3 trains running at Green Lantern. I'd like to see 4 ride ops checking restraints at those Bizarro, Superman as well as Green Lantern but with the cutbacks, that doesn't seem likely.

Edited by YoshiFan

MODERATOR NOTE: When an inside joke goes 23 hours behind responses it has run its' course. Please refrain from any more talk of the Dippin Dots, Cold Stone, Johnny Rockets, Papa John or any other comments. It was funny (for some) while it lasted but let's get back to a real discussion about the park.

thank you

No, No, Thank YOU! That was getting old!

Is Green Lantern going to hurt like Mantis?? I heard some bad rep about B&M Stand-Up Coasters. You think it will hurt or will this coaster show that B&M upped their game in comfortable rides??

Mantis and Vortex @ CGA have to be the worst stand ups in the world. Just horrid LOL

That chick that was checking restraints by HERSELF @ Superman: Krypton Coaster has her transfer all filled out ready to go. She's movin to NJ

@Yoshi:

There are some rides that can get away with only two ops due to it's nature. Nitro I'm sure can hit 1200pph with only two ops, and sparring you don't have too many fatties, El Toro can hit some high numbers in its own right. However, rides with alot of seats and/or seat belts should get a little more attention (Kingda Ka, Batman, Bizarro,Superman, Green Lantern...and though previously mentioned, El Toro)

@Pablo:

It's not something exclusive to this park or Six Flags. New rides get a whole bunch of attention until the buzz fades away. Xcelerator at Knott's used to have 6 operators...a 20 passenger train. At one point an operator was in charge of only checking like three seats. Not three rows...three seats. I haven't seen California Screamin' run 6 trains in about a year (and yes, I'm only counting peak seasons) Heck who even knows when the last the last tim X2 ran three trains...despite that sole factor being a main reason for the revamp (to up capacity)

@DJ Exel:

That girl is the pennicle of what a ride op needs to be. If you can check a 32 seat B&M by your self and still not stack with two trains, then no one else anywhere should have an excuse. She was taking loose artices, checking heights and cleared the whole train in under 1:30....In Texas' 110 degree heat. I hope that girl is an OM by now

The way that gadv staffs there rides is there always has to be an operator behind the pannel as well as one attended for each train. The reason why they do this is so if there is a break down there is an employee able to go to each stranded train.

Ride like batman can use more people but the way that the blocks are set up it dose not really matter if you have two good employees. The rides only has 3 blocks so the train has to hit the breaks before the next can go out.

When El Toro opened it did not have a full crew of 6 people all the time for the most part it 3 in the station and one greater. Gl how ever will probably be different do to the fact that some of the operations management came from cedar point and they know how hard it os to keep a stand up moving.

^Batman has FOUR blocks, (1.Station 2.Lift 3.Main Brake 4.Transfer) just like the Batman I used to work at Magic Mountain, and just like every other 2 train invert. And even with a fast crew, yes there's bound to be some stacking on a ride thats only 2700' long...but that should not be an excuse not to try.