TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^If there's anything we've learned from Six Flags and various other US Parks getting their new rides open it's become lucky to have a ride open for Memorial Day and pretty much a given having it open for July 4th.

You'd think they'd want it open early in the season for Easter Break and stuff, but I wouldn't count on it.

I used to work at the park and I am freinds with a lot of management of the park as well as maintenance. And also being a union worker I have freinds on the job that told me the job is low budget so that would be the reason why it looks behind. When ever it snows the parks landscape crew dose a good job at cleaning the park as well as all work areas, so snow really will not have a big effect.

And they're off.........

MOD EDIT: Photos removed. We need people to credit their photo sources and we need to be diligent about this. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by larrygator

I'm in Philadelphia between April 8th and April 11th. As GADV is opening the 9th I was thinking of paying a visit. As it is opening day I'm a little worried it will be super insanely crowded?

Opening weekend is usually lights with crowds unless the area has unseasonably warm weather.

This year opening weekend is Scout Weekend so I expect it to be much more crowded than past opening weekends. Last year I also went on Scout Weekend (it was the last weekend in April) and to give an idea of how crowded it was, by 11, Batman's line was out of the tunnel and around 1:30 or 2:00, Skull Mountain had a line that looked to be at least 30 minutes. Even Scream Machine had a line out of the station and past the end of the stairs.

Edited by YoshiFan

This year opening weekend is Scout Weekend so I expect it to be much more crowded than past opening weekends. Last year I also went on Scout Weekend (it was the last weekend in April) and to give an idea of how crowded it was, by 11, Batman's line was out of the tunnel and around 1:30 or 2:00, Skull Mountain had a line that looked to be at least 30 minutes. Even Scream Machine had a line out of the station and past the end of the stairs.

Thanks for that heads up, I guess I won't be visiting opening weekend.

thanks! not recommended then