TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The coasters but Skull Mountain were swamped Saturday night. I took that time for a walk on on log flume, Jolly Roger. Skull Mountain was 10 minutes. Then I went to a hypnotist show. I realize the season is really winding down when Fright Fest is coming around and the coaster queues overflow.

Really? Because I also went to the park that Saturday and Skull Mountain's line was almost full when I passed it. By the way, I'll post that PTR in a second...

Do you mean almost full with the outside part before the cave with people in line? If so that has to be a very long wait.

Not really. I've waited ouside the cave and the most it is is 15min. due to SM being an EXTREME capacity machine(its somewhere up in the 2000s)

How are you guys defining "cave"?

If you are referring to the station as the "cave" then 15-20 minutes is a fair estimate (unless you want a specific row).

However, if the line extends out through the whole covered area, that's a 90 minute wait.

Sorry to drag back a dead thread, but I have some new photos of Planet Snoopy construction from yesterday! The whole area of the park has undergone quite the transformation! Here are some pics:

PSC1.png.25ba4a757da9c57c7ff17bc988cc903f.png

General overview.

PSC2.png.b0ec15d2fa3b1c8796a7b5bf0a1a62d6.png

Couple rides & some dirt.

PSC3.png.45bdf3e4203ca4b111c1d50af6eaf38b.png

The Covered Bridge/Corkscrew

PSC4.png.a4f1e34db1f24259f60ee49647cf35b0.png

Dirt Dirt Dirt. I love Dirt.

^It's never a dead thread as long as there is something relevant and valuable to be added to the discussion, like what you just posted. Thanks for sharing this with us--feel free to keep us in the loop with construction as the project continues!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

This is really random, but for anyone who has ridden Nitro recently, has the lift hill gotten a lot quieter?

I rode it this summer and it was quiet, but two years ago, it was loud again.

Maybe it's the roll backs.

But it seems louder again now.

Anyone notice this.

Is it louder again?

Or is it still quiet?

What ever it is the coaster is still awesome.

Just got back from the park and Nitro lift seems a little louder, but not that much

Also, Bizarro's audio was glitching ALOT today. You could barely hear the audio over the crackling of the speaker, and at the top, the audio started itself over until the Zero-G roll when it looked like it was back in sync. El Toro was FLYING today! El Toro was packing more airtime(never thought I would say that) and seemed faster than anytime I've ever ridden it(aka: alot)! The lines really picked up at 2pm and by the time I left(about 5pm) Nitro had gone from a walkon in the morning to a 45 min wait

EDIT: I forgot to say that groundwork has begun on Green Lantern

Just got back from the park and Nitro lift seems a little louder, but not that much

Also, Bizarro's audio was glitching ALOT today. You could barely hear the audio over the crackling of the speaker, and at the top, the audio started itself over until the Zero-G roll when it looked like it was back in sync. El Toro was FLYING today! El Toro was packing more airtime(never thought I would say that) and seemed faster than anytime I've ever ridden it(aka: alot)! The lines really picked up at 2pm and by the time I left(about 5pm) Nitro had gone from a walkon in the morning to a 45 min wait

EDIT: I forgot to say that groundwork has begun on Green Lantern

Yeah, because I remember like two years ago it was super loud, and then like this year it got really quiet. Maybe something with the rollbacks or something. How is Nitro running. Still smooth?

How about the other rides, like El Toro and Batman The Ride. Batman The Ride is awesome but very intense, probably the most intense ride there. I haven not been on Kingda Ka, but, I hear the Batman The Ride, Batman The Ride is more intense, then Kingda Ka, that's what I heared.

How is El Toro and Batman The Ride running? Batman is so freaking intense. Is it more intense then Kingda Ka. I have not ridden Kingda Ka, to scared too, is it fun or scary, what's more intense? Batman The Ride or Kingda Ka? I hear the Batman is? It's like the most intense ride there? lol.

How is Nitro and El Toro and Bizarro and Batman The Ride running? Smooth?

I did not mean to obsess over the Nitro lift hill sound thing. But I find that the louder the lift hill the more suspenseful the climb. Batman The Ride still has the awesome sound of a B&M lift hill and I hear that Sheikra still has it. I rode Alpengeist over the summer and it is A LOT quieter, it used to be so loud, I could not even talk to the person next to me going up, now it is quiet, very quiet, Girffon is loud depending on where you sit, If you're in the middle or back row in the middle seats on the lift it is right above the chain so it has to be loud. Nemesis I hear is loud too. And so is Raptor and Goliath (Six Flags Fiesta Texas).

I don't know why I obssess over this but it makes the coaster more supsenseful and anticipating.

How is El Toro and Batman The Ride running? Batman is so freaking intense. Is it more intense then Kingda Ka. I have not ridden Kingda Ka, to scared too, is it fun or scary, what's more intense? Batman The Ride or Kingda Ka? I hear the Batman is? It's like the most intense ride there? lol.

How is Nitro and El Toro and Bizarro and Batman The Ride running? Smooth?

El Toro was FLYING, Nitro was still a smooth, airtime filled ride, B:TR was running o.k, and Bizarro was running well except for the speakers(Crackling sound, audio not in sync/starting over, etc.)

Ka's launch is great, but overall B:TR in the backrow is more forceful. Really with ka, you just have to get over the hill. The second I was at the bottom the the tophat I felt alot better and got right back in line

I want to conquer my fears and ride Kingda Ka, but I am really scared about more so the launch. What does it feel like. And when I come off will I want to ride it again? What is Kingda Ka like? I have ridden Storm Runner and Volcano and loved them both a lot. How does the launch and drops on Storm Runner and Volcano Coasters compare to Kingda Ka.

With Kingda Ka, the launch isn't scary, IMO SR's launch is alot scarier

Wouldn't you feel 0-72 mph in 2 seconds? less then 0-128 mph is 3.5 seconds? It's much faster. Should I try it? Will I like it? What do you think. I want to do it but I dont. I am a chicken. Is it awesome and ride that you will want to go on over and over.

The launch is intense and the first time I tried the coaster I had to rest for a few minutes and one ride was enough for me. Next time I was at the park I rode it twice and now have ridden up to 4 times in 1 trip.

I suggest trying it once right at opening without a line so you board the ride right away and don't have time to think about it. The ride is over so fast too which helps.