TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

SFGADV is privileged to have 5 coasters from the best coaster manufacturer out there.

I didn't know Six Flags Great Adventure had five coasters from GCI... I need to get back there fast, as it must've all changed since I was there two years ago!

Haha well I mean GCI vs B&M is debatable.

Now all they need is a B&M Dive Machine, and they'll have the complete collection!

There also is the regular sit-down, which I have heard that one may be up for sale soon in Myrtle Beach

This is going to certainly change up the skyline of the park. I am very interested to see how it turns out next year for the Great Adventure day of the NE Tour/Road to Cedar Point trips

-Gary

Also, Don't forget about it's plethora of flats

What planet are you from?

Great Adventure is seriously laking in the flats department (at least in comparison to coasters) and many of us are still hoping that we get a few new flats next year along with the GL coaster.

Well it did have a lot of flats, so I doubt Six Flags will try that again.

I think this will be a great addition for the park but.......I still rather have GASM back .

Really? I'd rather have a gorilla whack me in the head with a 2x4 than GASM.

I'm not a big fan of stand-up coasters myself, but if this is as good as Riddler's Revenge at SFMM, it's OK by me.

EDIT: But I wouldn't want the gorilla to whack me in the head with GASM.

Edited by cfc

Best parts of the ride are the twisting turn right after the inclined loop to the MCBR (nice pop of unexpected air), and the turn that goes through the dive loop to the last corkscrew. Hopefully they will smooth out the track at the top of it though, it seemed to have a "pot hole". Can't wait to see the actual color of the track. Too bad it won't be closer to the color of Riddler's Revenge, I've always found that color of green striking.

so getting this straight, ride features:

1. Green lantern themeing

2. 2 tunnels between the corkscrew (sorta like the ditch-to-ditch corkscrew on montu)

3. everything chang had to offer

4. no flash pass (boo!)

bonus: a movie of the green lantern is coming out, I don't know what the green lantern is but I remember the name.

Plus a movie will highten the asvertizing and shed some light on who the green lantern is.

GREAT MOVE great adventure, great move.

Edited by crazywolf88

I think this will be a great addition for the park but.......I still rather have GASM back .

Really? I'd rather have a gorilla whack me in the head with a 2x4 than GASM.

I'm not a big fan of stand-up coasters myself, but if this is as good as Riddler's Revenge at SFMM, it's OK by me.

EDIT: But I wouldn't want the gorilla to whack me in the head with GASM.

What can I say? Im a sucker for Arrow Loopers.

I can't wait to ride this thing next year. I have only ridden Mantis and Shockwave. Mantis was way better but I only had one ride on is and it was a solid ride. I hear than Chang was smoother than Mantis and it has a little more to it,so I'm very excited to try another standup out.

GADV will be added to a good coaster collection with adding a standup now. I have only been on Shockwave and Mantis to compare standups, but I wasnt that impressed with them. Hopefully Green Lantern will change my mind. Shockwave was fun because Me, my boyfriend and friend were laughing the whole time.

I can say that in my experience, Chang was MUCH better than Mantis. I really, really enjoyed it! The Green Lantern theme is just freaking awesome as well. Like many others - although I love the Supes and the Bat, changing it up is good.

Still waiting for a Wonder Woman coaster though.

As much as I love SFGAdv, I personally don't think a new coaster is needed. If I ran the park, I would replace it with a few flats. Although, It is good to see Chang going to a good home.

I feel like the reason Great Adventure is adding another coaster is because they removed Scream Machine. People would notice if they lost a coaster and only got a flat ride in its place.

^^You would think that as popular as she is, Wonder Woman would have had something themed after her by now. I'd say the popularity of DC characters goes 1.Batman, 2.Superman, 3.Wonder Woman. She's pretty indentifiable by a wide audience and would appeal to the tween-teen female demographic they claim to sorely be lacking. Oh well, I guess the coaster-equal rights battle still has a way to go...

^^When it comes to counting a transplanted coaster, I regret to say that I count it as a new credit. Is it cheap? Yeah, for sure. But I definitely think there's something to be said for riding a coaster in two different locations. If it's a traveling coaster, then no, because it's supposed to move locations. But if it's a permanent fixture in a park and then gets moved, I count it again. Sure, it's not technically riding a "new" coaster, but I still think it's an accomplishment worth noting.

Basically, if it's able to be counted twice on Coaster Counter, I count it twice. So sue me.