TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I am really looking forward to Chang coming to GADV, it may not be anything special, but it is a standup ride which seems cool (i've never been on one) and it is another solid ride in the middle of our lineup. For people who have ridden a lot of stand-ups where does Chang rate for you, just curious

Chang was ALOT of fun. I'm used to the smaller versions of the B&M Standups like Scorcher and Vortex, so was worried about this one being a little too much. It was great fun.

Well since Riddler's has only been running two trains for a while now I doubt the roller coaster formally known as Chang will run more than two trains. I am think that they will add a row to one of the trains from Kentucky Kingdom because it ran 7 row trains and the the green train will be painted and used as is the rest used for parts or maybe sent to great america for iron wolf?

Word up: someone had a Twitter pic of Chang's train: black, yellow, red, purple against the simulator building - Old season pass processing side in between Dare Devil Dive and Nathan's on the Boardwalk. That view came from up high on the Skyride. That's really hard to get from ground level for park guests.

Well since Riddler's has only been running two trains for a while now I doubt the roller coaster formally known as Chang will run more than two trains. I am think that they will add a row to one of the trains from Kentucky Kingdom because it ran 7 row trains and the the green train will be painted and used as is the rest used for parts or maybe sent to great america for iron wolf?

It's possible but not likely. Iron Wolf uses Intamin trains because B&M wasn't making their own at the time. Some parts may be similar though, but if we needed parts or an entire train I would think that they would just use the Chang trains that are already backstage.

I was at the park on Wednesday and Thursday. The Great American Scream Machine's first drop and first loop seemed to be standing, along with one other section of the track that appeared to be a turn. Also, the station is still standing. However, other that the entire ride has been completely taken down.

I went to Great Adventure last week, and I must say, a day of ODDITIES!

I went with my cousin, Aunt, and my aunt's boyfriend. We were originally going to stop a Great Adventure for 5-6 hours, and then go pick up my other cousin from his home. (He's autistic, so he has to live at a house with other autistic kids...).

When we're driving on the exit, my aunt's girlfriend (Chris) decides, "Let's go to the Safari!".

In saying this, all four of us get into a comical arguement on what to do about the day.

We finally just went to the park at around 11:30, and seeing as it was my cousin's first time looking at the major leagues of coasters, I decided to take him for a day of thrills...Which worked out in 60% of a way...

Skull Mountain - Walk on. (He enjoyed it. Stated the lapbar was tight on his chest though.)

Nitro x2 - Walk on both times (MAJOR fun on both runs! Middle seats the first ride, front row second time. Intial reaction: "LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!")

Batman - I decided to skip Batman for the day. I knew my cousin would be somewhat underwhelmed after hitting Nitro twice, so I decided to go small...

The Dark Knight - 15-20 min wait (He only enjoyed on pitfal drop and the tight turns. I'm sure NO ONE can blame him. )

After this, we headed over to the Golden Kingdom, only to get our drinks filled. In doing this, 3 things happened in a time-span of about 20 minutes...

1. A VERY rude lady made a vulgar comment about my aunt when asking if she could get our drinks re-filled.

2. As I was sitting by the booth, waiting for my drink, a security guard walks over and says "There's a snake nearby. Don't worry, it's not poisonous..."

I look down...And right below me...

SNAKE!!!!!

I literally jumped about 10 feet back after seeing the snake...

3. After getting our drinks and heading over to the Runaway Mine Train, we spotted a groundhog, who was happily being fed some onion rings by a few families. I managed to get two shots of it, but my phone is being a jerk right now, so no photo!

Runaway Mine Train - Walk on (Only ride where we all went on. Enjoyable ride for a mine train, and Chris even met one of his friends on the line!)

Bizzaro - 20 min wait (My cousin's favorite ride of the day. And honestly, nothing's changed in quality since it was changed. Still an amazing coaster!)

El Toro - 60-70 min wait (Just like always, INCREDIBLE. Unfortunetly, my cousin was complaining about the ride being short, and since we waited 60 minutes in the heat, his attitude didn't help. Still, at least he didn't have to ride the dreaded VIPER! )

Rolling Thunder - We decided against hitting RT, simply because the line was about 30 minutes, and if I was waiting for any coaster, it'd be a particular green and blue one...Unfortunetly...

Kingda Ka - BROKE (WHAT A FLIPPIN' SURPRISE! We waited for about 2 hours, from the launch system shorting out, to birds sitting on the track, to articles sitting on the track, time just didn't help us on this one today...)

Superman: Ultimate Flight - We didn't bother, seeing as the line went on for about 90 minutes, and we didn't have that kind of time...

And after getting $3 stolen from us on a crap soda machine OUTSIDE THE PARK (No surprise here... ), we finally made our way back to the car and left to pick up my cousin...I'd tell you about the antics that ensued during the ride over and back from my other cousin's house...But that's another story...

As for GASM's demolition, the only time I was able to see the demolition was from Kingda Ka's station, and from what it looks like...Lots of rocks...That was all that changed from my trip to Great Adventure in early August.

Overall, I'd call it successful if I had gotten onto Kingda Ka, but you can't win em all...I'd say it was a fun day.

And added to that, I recently had a discussion with my Aunt that me and my cousin will POSSIBLY get Season Passes for next season...I see a insanely fun 2011 on the horizon...

EDIT: Regarding the Season Passes...When exactly is the right time to buy Season Passes for 2011? End of this season? Beginning of 2011 season? During the offseason?

For the season passes, now, up until maybe Feb maybe March they will be at their cheapest. Grab em if you can ASAP. Then they go up about $10 every month after that. Sign up for their notifications, and you should get the info prior to the changes. OR, if you noticed the Big Six Pass was there for this year (it should be next year then), that is only about $10 more than the normal admission fee, and it lets you go 6 times. Completely worth it if you get stuck not buying it until after the price went up. OR...upgrade to the season pass during Fright Fest and usually you can get the cheapest pass in addition to going that day... (just an upcharge to the same price you would pay for it online) That is also worth it.