TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I just thought of something kind of funny, if Chang does replace GASM then in that area if you go back to 1984 there was a bobsled, a stand up, an Arrow looper, & back to a stand up Even though the old Shockwave wasn't exactly in the same spot as GASM it is still pretty funny that another stand up could be in that area again.

Edited by Speeddeamon128

Will Chang's lay out even fit in the designated space? It seemed to be more spread out than GASM is. IMHO, 6FGAdv really needs to bring in something very exciting for me to spend any kind of time there. Honestly, Chang doesn't fit that bill. Right now, this park is just a quick stop on my way to other parks in the North East.

Guy "El Toro and Nitro are still tops though." Koepp

Has anyone ever ridden Gasm in the front seat? It's a different ride all together. 68 mph of wind slamming your face and the loops were INTENSE. Chang can't do that.

And it was the smoothest in the front seat, or at least I thought it was. I made sure to ride twice in the front seat last week one of those rides being what I thought was my final ride (and still might be if I can't get to the park again before the 18th)

I actually have video of a front seat ride of GASM. Not sure if the TPR "no on-ride video" policy applies to GADV or not though.

HOW COULD ANYONE IN THERE RIGHT MINDS LOVE THIS COASTER? unless it has some kind of memory associated with family or friends, I say it's rubish. Bring on the B&M!

I've ridden this many times & I find it very enjoyable & smooth in the front seat, which is the only place I try to sit when I ride it. As I stated in an earlier post this was the first coaster I rode at GADV which is the main reason why I will miss it.

I actually have video of a front seat ride of GASM. Not sure if the TPR "no on-ride video" policy applies to GADV or not though.

Six Flags has a no-video policy chain wide, so yes, the TPR policy against illegal POVs applies to Great Adventure.

HOW COULD ANYONE IN THERE RIGHT MINDS LOVE THIS COASTER? unless it has some kind of memory associated with family or friends, I say it's rubish. Bring on the B&M!

I've ridden this many times & I find it very enjoyable & smooth in the front seat, which is the only place I try to sit when I ride it. As I stated in an earlier post this was the first coaster I rode at GADV which is the main reason why I will miss it.

This was the first coaster I rode there too. You are probably right about the front too, but I think a smooth B&M could beat it any day . Sometimes I feel like people like coasters for the novelty rather than the quality, and that's completely up to them, but If you have someone that idolizes an extremely painful coaster... it can be odd.

^Put it this way if GASM was a SLC I would be jumping for joy that it would be getting replaced! I just hope that what ever will be replacing GASM, assuming it is Chang, & if it is better than GASM then I wouldn't mind & hey it will be a new credit It's just that GADV has me a little worried about replacing this. I mean replacing Viper with El Toro was the best move GADV ever did in my opinion but the Dark Knight in place of Chiller was a horrible move in my opinion. It just better be better than GASM.

I can't say that I'm really disappointed about it's removal, because it sucked according to many, but it is kinda sad that the 'Standard Layout' Arrow Megalooper will be gone for good

Viper....

GASM and Viper follow a similar but different layout...

What a bummer.

But I am glad the park is acknowledging the ride and giving it some positive attention. Obviously, not many people really like this ride, but i'm a bit disappointed with this decision to remove it. Though I do have doubts that Chang is going to replace GASM, since SF might not even own the ride anymore.

I doubt you're getting Chang because Great America has had plans for it for a long time.

Has anyone ever ridden Gasm in the front seat? It's a different ride all together. 68 mph of wind slamming your face and the loops were INTENSE. Chang can't do that.

I did...two times in two years, both times in the front seat and it was not fun.

What a bummer.

But I am glad the park is acknowledging the ride and giving it some positive attention. Obviously, not many people really like this ride, but i'm a bit disappointed with this decision to remove it. Though I do have doubts that Chang is going to replace GASM, since SF might not even own the ride anymore.

I doubt you're getting Chang because Great America has had plans for it for a long time.

That was before Shapiro & Snyder quit/got canned so under Webber's leadership those plans may have changed & just because GASM is leaving doesn't neccessarily mean that chang,or another coaster for that matter is taking it's place as they very well may be adding some flats to the park,which they need more at this point than a new coaster.

After going to KD alot this year that's something I've noticed is that they too could benefit from some more flats as well seeing as their coaster collection is pretty well rounded out at the moment with this year's addition.Parks aren't just about coasters & need to strike a balance in terms of ride offerings in order to provide guests with a complete experience as NOT everyone comes to a park for just coasters.

Six Flags has a no-video policy chain wide, so yes, the TPR policy against illegal POVs applies to Great Adventure.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But I shot it in 2005, not recently.

OK to shoot in 2005, not OK to post in 2010. Got it.

^So Great America will replace their old stand up for another old stand up? That Doesn't make any sense.

Possibly, who knows?

Although I would call it replacing a real old painful standup for a slighly newer less painful standup.

Change is much better then Iron Wolf IMHO.