TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

You can't judge what coasters are at what parks by going off of the commercials of large chains. Chains like Six Flags and Cedar Fair use B-roll footage from other parks rides all of the time in various ads, and photos of various park's rides in many different print media.

Like the ad on a billboard right outside Dorney with an Arrow looper featured.

I don't see Chang in the SFGAd commercial either. I see Bidusa, but that's it. And I'm also with you that this is just a case of hype that somebody started and now has caught on. I'm sure SFGAd would've announced it by now if it was happening. I remember Alton Towers advertised the removal of Corkscrew a while before it was shut down.

I don't think they will announce GASM is closing ahead of time. Chiller and Viper closed without notice as well as all the other non coaster rides removed recently.

We'll all know whats going to happen on July 1st. I personally think it would be awesome to replace Rolling Thunder with Chang. I know it wouldn't work, but the interaction with El Toro would be very fun. Some Extreme head choppers there!

I don't even really think we will know what is definitively going to happen July 1st. What if Scream Machine is still open at that time? Will everyone be freaking out that it is not closed?

Isn't July 1st still a rumor at this point in time? Maybe they are planning on starting dismantling the ride on July 15th, or 12th, or 8th, or August 1st. The only way we will know for certain the ride is going is if there is an annoucement - which I have to agree is not likely - a sign that says the ride is closed to make way for other expansion, or there are pieces of track missing.

Another Arrow bites the dust...

July 1st does seem kinda weird. You would think they would keep a coaster named Great AMERICAN Scream Machine open at least through Independence Day., AMERICA'S birthday, July 4th!

GP in SFGAV will think Chang is a Bizzaro/Medusa that you stand up on. If they think Bizzaro was brand new, they will think Chang is just a return of Medusa.

If they put GASM and Kentucky Kingdom, GP will think it's Vampire (the boomerang now at SFNE) There's still GP around that think Greezed Lightnin' is Vampire!

I didn't see anything in that commercial that is not at SFGAV! No Chang. I did see a yellow BTR. Isn't SFGAV's BTR yellow?! I did see GASM! Is their a new commercial besides the one that was posted?!

Why not give SFA Chang? They don't have a B&M.

I really don't think SFA needs another mega-coaster right now. They'd be better off with a Tony Hawk clone that Chang.

I'd much rather see Chang go to SFSTL.

SFA wouldn't even be lucky enough to get a THBS clone....they got skipped when SF was handing them out left & right under Shapiro's watch after all.

If anything they deserve the ride far more than any park in the chain right now as they've gone a decade with NO new coasters so far,all they've gotten since batwing was one water ride,three waterpark slides,a new kiddie section(composed mostly of rides from elsewhere in the park) & have lost one coaster & several flats while SFGRADV,along with MM & GRAM have been spoiled rotten since the final few years of Burke's reign...which is what led in part to the bankruptcy to begin with.

With Webber in charge perhaps he'll follow the mold used with the former PP chain of adding family ride one year with thrill rides the next?SFA got kidde/family rides in 10 so 2011 should be their year for a much needed thrill ride,granted it'd take more than just a new ride alone to get me to return there but that would be a good start.

Whats interesting about the new SFGADV commercial is that SF always has other coasters in their commercials -its nothing new - but this one actually showed a stand-up coaster which i believe was the Scorcher. I have never seen a standup shown before in any GADV commercial since the Shockwave was there... interesting i guess, but who knows.

Whats interesting about the new SFGADV commercial is that SF always has other coasters in their commercials -its nothing new - but this one actually showed a stand-up coaster which i believe was the Scorcher. I have never seen a standup shown before in any GADV commercial since the Shockwave was there... interesting i guess, but who knows.

It actually was Chang shown in the Commercial. Scorcher has different color supports and very ugly firey painted trains.

I think it might actually be Scorcher...although I haven't personally seen the commercial. However, the new SFMM commercial also shows an additional stand up coaster in it, and it IS GS. Here's a picture of it for comparison:

Scorcher.JPG.a36cf1df85a4317bb22865b9017941df.JPG

The "blue supports" is actually just one of Goliath's supports.

^ That's Scorcher! Chang's trains have always been the same color and thats not Chang's train!

Just saw the commercial again. It is definitely Chang in the Great Adventure commercial. I'll bee going to Six Flags next week so I'll see if GASM is closed.

^ That's Scorcher! Chang's trains have always been the same color and thats not Chang's train!

Just saw the commercial again. It is definitely Chang in the Great Adventure commercial. I'll bee going to Six Flags next week so I'll see if GASM is closed.

Someone please post proof of this!

This is so stupid. I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's, SFFT showed other coasters like SFMM's Viper and B:TR from other parks. Just because a coaster is in commercial for a certain park doesn't mean they're getting that coaster.

^^ Not to mention, SFA is one of the least busy Six Flags parks even though it is close to DC. But with Busch and KD so close it can't compete and I think SF has recognized it. They aren't going to put a lot of investment into the park, but they can keep it running well with the rides currently there.

I think Chang's best fit might be at SFNE - they don't have any B&Ms, and is a popular park that could use a good coaster boost.

The park was starting to improve & had a master plan for new attractions that were to be built before Burke got it into his idiotic head to go on a "let's spoil SFMM,SFGRADV,SFGRAM & SFOT rotten at the expense of our other parks" spree that put the chain into bankruptcy.

If anything Chang should be returned to KK as it was never built by SFI/Premiere parks management but Ed Hart's management for the 97 season,which means that the design work for the ride probably started in 96 when Premiere didn't even own/manage the facility at the time & I think that's what may be happening since SFGRAM suddenly cancelled the ride when they'd already begun shipping it there....keep in mind SFI & the KSFB are in a dispute as to ownership of the rides remaining on the KK site & are claiming that SFI had no legal rights to remove the coaster when they terminated their lease.

The park was starting to improve & had a master plan for new attractions that were to be built before Burke got it into his idiotic head to go on a "let's spoil SFMM,SFGRADV,SFGRAM & SFOT rotten at the expense of our other parks" spree that put the chain into bankruptcy.

I really don't have anything to contribute, except to say that SFOT wasn't really that spoiled.

On Topic: GASM is still open. Great Adventure has confirmed GASM's removal is a possibility, but not very likely to happen. As for Chang, SFGAdv is not even 100% sure if they are getting it. If they do, they have many options as to where it will be located.

If they do an expansion, I would like to see something like this (provided Six Flags owns this land).

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/854/sfgadvexpansion.png