TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think that scenario #1 is most plausible. It fits perfectly into that spot without taking out anything in the parking lot (well, maybe they'd have to move the road around S:UF back a bit and take out two rows or something, but that's much better than cutting through the middle of the lot like in #'s 2/4).

I'm wondering what the theme might be. Of course, it obviously doesn't matter, since S:UF is right next to it in the carnival section. So maybe it'll stay Chang?

With Gasm and Big Bad Wolf on the chopping block...one can only wonder what will happen to Magnum in the next 5 years.

I just want to quote this for anyone that didn't get a good laugh today.

I hate to break it to you, but Magnum was manufactured by Arrow. On Wikipedia, "Magnum XL-200 is an Arrow Dynamics steel hypercoaster located at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio." On RCDB, "Make / Model: Arrow Dynamics / All Models / Hyper Coaster." So I will be the one who will be getting a good laugh today, and try looking into things more before making fun of someone.

With Gasm and Big Bad Wolf on the chopping block...one can only wonder what will happen to Magnum in the next 5 years.

I hate to break it to you, but Magnum was manufactured by Arrow. On Wikipedia, "Magnum XL-200 is an Arrow Dynamics steel hypercoaster located at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio." On RCDB, "Make / Model: Arrow Dynamics / All Models / Hyper Coaster." So I will be the one who will be getting a good laugh today, and try looking into things more before making fun of someone.

We all know Wikipedia is the best source to get coaster information on the internet. Besides, what exactly are you trying to say?

Scenario 1 seems like the most realistic. Only the lift hill, 1st drop, and 1st loop will be parking lot coaster.

Nice work on the layouts. I would also guess that the "parking" lot coaster install is the most likely scenario as well. Definately will make a great addition to the park.

I'm kinda lost, so riddle me this:

Didn't Mark Kane himself say a while ago that Chang is NOT coming to the park? Since when has the plans for Chang in Great America in 2011 been changed? What about the ongoing conflict between Six Flags and the Kentucky State Fair Board about the fate of the rides since Kentucky Kingdom closed (even though I know that Chang was dismantled prior to that)? Why do people say that GASM will close within 2 weeks if if was running just fine for the past 2 days? I went to the park on the 21st (which reminds me, I'll have to make my PTR) and GASM was operating smoothly all day, and even had a line! Plus, even if this is true, what the heck was the point of getting us excited with the 5D project and why did they close down the 4D theater in the first place if it will not likely be "renovated" for next year?

Right now I feel like a grade-A newbie all over again.

I know who built Magnum. That's not what I was laughing at. I was laughing at someone saying that Magnum would be removed at any point anywhere in the near future. Maybe read further into the thread where I said that after Armageddon struck and the land was in ruin that Magnum would still be the only thing left standing. So take your own advice and look further into things before making fun of someone.

If GASM does in fact close and is torn down, I would really like to see Chang come to GAdv. Wouldn't that make it the only Standup in the northeast? Yes I think GAdv would have an overload of Beemers but if you go by % you could say the same about BGW. Also, if Chang does come and is placed in GASM's spot, that could free up some of the crowds for S: UF. If none of that happens and they stick with the 5D attraction, some new theming in Movietown and the Boardwalk would be nice. Maybe they'll finally get rid of the base of the old Space Shuttle that can still be seen when you exit GASM

Scenario #1 looks really good and would offer great views of the ride like Gasm did. You also would have to walk UNDER the ride to get to the station which would offer great views from the queue. The lift would tower over Superman as well. Scenario #3 looks stunning too since it would be right next to Ka's airtime hill. Even Scenario #4 looks like it could happen.

In other Gadv news a new commercial has popped up on TV with the tagline "More Coasters, More Flags, More Fun" and it features ALL of Gadv major coasters. El Toro makes its debut on TV for the first time ever too. I managed to catch the last few seconds of it but you can clearly see the new direction SFI is going. Check out my Gasm Tribute video and 2010 Gadv video while your there.

It sucks that SFGAdv is tearing down GASM; it was a pretty cool ride and pretty much the only coaster in the park that hardly had a very long line. I hope to ride it once last time before July 1. It's cool that SFGAdv is getting a new coaster for 2011, but it sucks that they have to tear down GASM.

R.I.P. Great American Scream Machine

Scenario #1 looks really good and would offer great views of the ride like Gasm did. You also would have to walk UNDER the ride to get to the station which would offer great views from the queue. The lift would tower over Superman as well. Scenario #3 looks stunning too since it would be right next to Ka's airtime hill. Even Scenario #4 looks like it could happen.

In other Gadv news a new commercial has popped up on TV with the tagline "More Coasters, More Flags, More Fun" and it features ALL of Gadv major coasters. El Toro makes its debut on TV for the first time ever too. I managed to catch the last few seconds of it but you can clearly see the new direction SFI is going. Check out my Gasm Tribute video and 2010 Gadv video while your there.

Uhmm it just looks like a Six Flags commercial. What direction are you referring to? Just because they say "More Coasters" doesn't mean they're going to put in more coasters. I'm sure compared to other parks within a days drive they have MORE COASTERS.

^Isn't there speculation going on that SF is returning to marketing their parks as "extreme" and high-thrill as opposed to the more family-oriented direction they had recently seemed to be taking? That's what I got out of that. If Magic Mountain is doing that then it makes sense that Gadv, at the least, would do so as well.

It may just be stock video coincidence, but Chang is the only non SFGAdv coaster featured in that commercial

It may just be stock video coincidence, but Chang is the only non SFGAdv coaster featured in that commercial

I may be missing it, but where do you see Chang in that commercial? I see B: TR 4 seconds in and that is the only yellow coaster I see. I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I'm so happy that signs are pointing to GASM's demise. It was one of the worst rides I had ridden.

I kinda agree, although my first ride on it in 2002 was really good. My next ride in '08 was freaking atrocious, though...gave me a headache that lasted the rest of the day.

^Wikipedia isn't reliable?!??!!?

Can somebody tell me at what instance Chang is in the commercial? I don't see it.

Could this be another case of coaster enthusiasts looking into a situation too much? Pretty soon there will be a Six Flags Magic Mountain commercial where somebody swears up and down that we're getting an Aqua Trax next year because they thought they saw a half second glimpse of one.

Can somebody tell me at what instance Chang is in the commercial? I don't see it.

Could this be another case of coaster enthusiasts looking into a situation too much? Pretty soon there will be a Six Flags Magic Mountain commercial where somebody swears up and down that we're getting an Aqua Trax next year because they thought they saw a half second glimpse of one.

I'd have to watch Nickelodeon to see the commercial, I only see it on Nick @ Night. It's not that hard to find the only Stand Up coaster shown in the video though.

I don't see Chang in the SFGAd commercial either. I see Bidusa, but that's it. And I'm also with you that this is just a case of hype that somebody started and now has caught on. I'm sure SFGAd would've announced it by now if it was happening. I remember Alton Towers advertised the removal of Corkscrew a while before it was shut down.

I don't see Chang in the SFGAd commercial either. I see Bidusa, but that's it. And I'm also with you that this is just a case of hype that somebody started and now has caught on. I'm sure SFGAd would've announced it by now if it was happening. I remember Alton Towers advertised the removal of Corkscrew a while before it was shut down.

Thats the wrong commercial. It's not a "More Flags More Fun" commercial its one just for SFGAdv. It only shows the coasters. And Chang