TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^I think you'll get a pseudo flat ride. Isn't the rumor right now that you're getting a Mission Space type ride?

The big Gadv rumor is the ride from 5-d international that six flags signed for in the simulator building. Also, according to the Six Flags Blog, the high ups at six flags are looking at a possible flat package. Congo rapids will also probably be getting it's effects back/ upgrading according to the SF blog. All of this in 2011 are what most people think will happen

I'm looking forward to the big 2011/5D project, but it'll be a shame that the Right Stuff Theater will most likely go as a result. It also makes me wonder if the Go-Karts will also be removed since the 5D building will likely be much bigger than the 4D Theater we have now. But if this is confirmed, the park will have to do something about the capacity. From what I've seen online, like concept videos of the 5D rides, it looks like it will only hold a small amount of people for a ride/show that goes on for at least four minutes. And lets all pray that the Theater won't be covered in ads for Stride and Snickers.

Anyway, I'm possibly going to the park on Tuesday and I need some advice. Should I go to HH, the regular park, or HH then the park? What do you think the crowds will be like? Etcetera, etcetera...

Hurricane Harbor is closed during the week until the week after next (http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj/info/parkInfo.aspx ). I don't think the park will be crowded at all. School is still in session for almost everyone and the park is open until 9 so if there are school trips, the park really should empty out around 5 or 6.

So I just went to six flags today and it was probably the most enjoyable trip I've ever taken there. There's were no lines at all, except for KK which was around 20 minutes even though the line was filled to the 60 minute point. There was supposed to be a 50% chance of showers all day with 60% chance of thunderstorms after 4pm but they never came! We were pretty thrilled.

I rode El Toro 4 times - once in back row, once somewhere in the middle, and once 3rd row + once 2nd row. I think the 2nd and 3rd row were probably the most intense rides I have ever gotten on Toro but I've never waited for the front. It was practically a walk on each time, except for the end of the day when they only operated one train. But even then, it was a 10 minute wait and the line never backed out of the station. S:UF and Batman were closed for the entire day. I'm not sure what the reason was but they weren't even testing them. We got to the park at opening and the closed signs were already there.

I might post a separate photo TR later if I have time

Does anybody believe the Chang Rumor?

Six Flags has done weirder things in the past so I wouldn't necessarily put it past them. Maybe they'll get rid of GASM for the Mr. Six Dance Coaster that SFMM was supposed to get. j/j

I'm sure this is just going to be a waiting game.

According to Coaster Fusion, they have confirmed with the park that GASM will close on July 1 since replacement parts are too expensive. They said the ride will be removed for Chang an the 5D attraction plans are cancelled. I would post the link but I'm on my iPod. Check our CoasterFusion on Twitter for more info.

I hope if the 5D plans are canceled they do something with the theater. It was already supposedly gutted with the current setup removed and it would be a shame to see another SBNO ride.

If GASM is closing July 1st, that isn't much time to get final rides in. I shouldn't have skipped it last week.

I was at SFGAdv on Monday 6/14...Batman and S:UF were down that day as well. On Batman they were doing work on the lift motor (lots of people crawling all around it). On Superman they had a small crane and numerous straps around a piece of track in a low area before the barrel roll.

And replacement parts too expensive for an Arrow looper? Arrow hypers, loopers and mine trains all have pretty much the same parts and there are so many of them that parts shouldnt be that hard to come by. I find this hard to believe as a reason to shut the ride down.

I don't really buy the whole "replacement parts are expensive" rumor, it sounds like a bad excuse just to tear the thing down. But I actually wouldn't mind if it was torn down because it's a terrible ride and it's on a BIG plot of land. I know it's always a sad sight to see a coaster torn down (Psyclone not included) but seriously I rode it last summer and it was one of the worst Arrow coasters that I've been on and that's saying something. I would welcome the notion of it being torn down.

^I couldnt disagree with you more.

I rode GASM on Friday and it was probably the most smooth ride I've had on GASM in the twelve years that I've been visiting the park. I've always thought GASM was rougher than the other Arrow Loopers I've been on (Anaconda, Vortex) but was pleasantly surprised with my ride so much that I actually rode it twice.

I agree it is running smoother this year, very little to no headbanging even in the corkscrews which were sometimes a problem.

I'm not so sure about the whole replacement parts reasoning either. Didn't they get a train from Shockwave after it closed? Plus the blue train hasn't been seen at all this year either running or in the storage area so even though there is a chance they are using that for parts too. I have no idea if Vekoma services Arrow loopers or not but considering how similar the rides are, you would think Vekoma would be able top.

For me, I'd say GASM isnt any smoother or rougher than any other Arrow looper outside of a select few. My main issue was that knee pad thing they added to the front row of each car. For taller folks these seats are usually the best but not on this thing. It was soo annoying.

I couldnt disagree with you more.

I rode GASM on Friday and it was probably the most smooth ride I've had on GASM in the twelve years that I've been visiting the park. I've always thought GASM was rougher than the other Arrow Loopers I've been on (Anaconda, Vortex) but was pleasantly surprised with my ride so much that I actually rode it twice.

Well I rode it last year and it was a terrible experience. Maybe this year it's better, who knows, but I'd be all for them tearing it out and putting in something else.

I couldnt disagree with you more.

Well I rode it last year and it was a terrible experience. Maybe this year it's better, who knows, but I'd be all for them tearing it out and putting in something else.

I thought that last year too.