TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Maybe you don't read the SF Blog but here is what Six Flags Mike posted....

And, yesterday, my boss sat in on a meeting where Mr. Shapiro asked the Head of Ops to look into a package of flat rides for Great Adventure. You GrAdv dudes sure are vocal about what you want

Although Shapiro is no longer our CEO, I'm sure Weber and all of Managment at Gadv KNOWS that we need flats. So stop asking for them. I think just one more coaster to give us the "Fearsome Five" (Ka, Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, and ?) is all we need. Does Cedar Point really NEED another coaster? I don't think so. We have the room to expand so why not when everything we need is on the way.

Why would we stop asking for flats when asking for them is what got us this close to GADV actually getting them? The Houdini Facebook page, posting on SFGAdv's Facebook, asking on the fan call, and other internet posts got Houdini open. Fan call requests, Posts for flats on SFGAdv's Facebook, and posts on other sites are what got us this close to flats. We've gotten far enough to be recongized by Six Flags Blog, why would we stop before flats actually come?

^Excellent point

Although Shapiro is no longer our CEO, I'm sure Weber and all of Managment at Gadv KNOWS that we need flats. So stop asking for them.I think just one more coaster to give us the "Fearsome Five" (Ka, Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, and ?) is all we need. Does Cedar Point really NEED another coaster? I don't think so. We have the room to expand so why not when everything we need is on the way.

SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats! SFGAdv needs more flats! Please bring on the flats!

Don't you think that new management knows that there is a group of selfish teens out there that only wants new coasters? Do you see anyone here telling those selfish people to stop asking for a new coaster?

Trust me, you don't know what's best for SFGAdv or Six Flags corporation. You are only asking for what is best for yourself.

Edited by larrygator

I understand that it is sometimes hard to think outside of what you want. I think I was like that when I was like 14 or 15. But I turned a corner and was able to think of things through the eyes of others, and in many different angles. I guess it is just something that people have to learn and grow into to be able to think objectively (some never grow into that, unfortunately).

So let's be realistic. Six Flags Great Adventure can get absolutely packed in the latter part of May through the end of August. Right now, the park has a terrible capacity for the amount of guests that they bring in during that period of time. They need flat rides to help with that capacity, to help spread them out through the park, and give people things to do other than stand in line for the coasters. Not to mention, there is a severe gap of things to do - there seems to be plenty for the younger kids with the new additions over the past few years, and there is an abundance of rides for the thrill seekers. What are the people who don't ride the coasters and don't have kids to attend to supposed to do? The shows are fairly lackluster, and lower in quantity from years past. The scenery is much nicer than what it was years ago, but I'm not sure that the majority of people want to pay $40 to take a leisurely stroll through the park to look at flowers for hours on end.

Simply put, the parks biggest need right now is flats. That is a huge statement considering all that goes on within the park's operation.

READ MY POST6 OVER AGAIN!!! It seems like all you guys do is read the first 2 lines and then go on ranting. Just Stop and listen.

Why would we stop asking for flats when asking for them is what got us this close to GADV actually getting them? The Houdini Facebook page, posting on SFGAdv's Facebook, asking on the fan call, and other internet posts got Houdini open. Fan call requests, Posts for flats on SFGAdv's Facebook, and posts on other sites are what got us this close to flats. We've gotten far enough to be recongized by Six Flags Blog, why would we stop before flats actually come?

Uhm. I was one of "those" people who posted about flats and how much we need them.

Don't you think that new management knows that there is a group of selfish teens out there that only wants new coasters? Do you see anyone here telling those selfish people to stop asking for a new coaster?

Trust me, you don't know what's best for SFGAdv or Six Flags corporation. You are only asking for what is best for yourself.

I'm above starting an argument so all I have to say is that I do not look at Gadv as a place I go to get my coaster fix. I look at it through the eyes of the President when I post on what we need and what we want. I am not saying we NEED a coaster, I'm just saying one more (WHEN ALL OF OUR PRIORITES ARE OUT OF THE WAY) wouldn't hurt. I know flats should come first but since I KNOW that flats are coming first, I posted possible coaster ideas...but what do you care, you probably interpreted this post for "ME WNT COAZTER NOW".

Oh and thanks for stating the obvious Millennium and Hercules.

In conclusion, I KNOW GADV NEEDS FLATS AND IF I COULD ASK FOR ONE THING FOR THE PARK IT WOULD BE JUST THAT!

Maybe you don't read the SF Blog but here is what Six Flags Mike posted....

And, yesterday, my boss sat in on a meeting where Mr. Shapiro asked the Head of Ops to look into a package of flat rides for Great Adventure. You GrAdv dudes sure are vocal about what you want

Although Shapiro is no longer our CEO, I'm sure Weber and all of Managment at Gadv KNOWS that we need flats. So stop asking for them. I think just one more coaster to give us the "Fearsome Five" (Ka, Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, and ?) is all we need. Does Cedar Point really NEED another coaster? I don't think so. We have the room to expand so why not when everything we need is on the way.

1 - Drop the attitude!

2 - Here is your whole post I read the whole post, not just the first two sentences. Your 3rd and 5th sentence say that SFGADv needs one more coaster and that it should be built now since everything the park needs is on the way.

3 - Drop the attitude!

"Everything we need is on the way." There really isn't anything official as far as the flats go, correct? Or did I miss something? Besides, the flats are probably already in the budget, assuming they are so certainly on the way. A roller coaster and flats in the budget? That is probably just a little bit too much money at this stage.

Jay "Stating the obvious since 1984, or whenever I figured out how to talk" Willis

I have to agree with coasterprince here. The person who started this rumor about the Giga, is the one who first leaked info about Kingda Ka, THEN El Toro. So he definitely knows something. Plus whoever said that flats can't be included? It is the 50th anniversary and Great Adventure is one of the best parks in the chain... Just throwing stuff out their.

I have to agree with coasterprince here. The person who started this rumor about the Giga, is the one who first leaked info about Kingda Ka, THEN El Toro. So he definitely knows something. Plus whoever said that flats can't be included? It is the 50th anniversary and Great Adventure is one of the best parks in the chain... Just throwing stuff out their.

I'm not believing the giga thing because he also said it would include a launch. We already have a 456' launch, so a 300' launch is out, so then why would they launch and then do a lift hill. I'm not sure how it could work, unless a slower launch with hills and twists before the lift, but I doubt that. Someone on another site (who said he had connections) hinted at a MAJOR coaster coming to Gadv, which I believe could happen in the future... After some flats

Diden't the parks stop selling gum because people were spitting it out on the midways? I know that you will not find gum at a cedar fair park because of that.

I just find it kind of funny.

Well if this is the case, it would be kind of funny because the park is sponsored by gum...

Not to get off topic from gum here , but I'm going pretty soon and my group is planning to get to the park at opening, so I was wondering what coasters should we hit first? I know KK, but I'm curious as to how long lines for El Toro and Nitro get to. Thanks.

It depends on weekends/weekdays. El Toro can get 1-2hr+ lines on weekends and 30min-1hr+ lines on weekdays. Nitro has GREAT capacity so usually the longest you wait is 45min. You should also hit S:UF first due to it's low capacity and nutoriously slow crew.

^While those would be amazing gifts, I think we are getting the 5-D ride to replace the old simulator building. I wouldn't mind them taking down the building for a Giant Frisbee or Drop tower becase I think GASM's days are numbered and I hope half of that GIANT footprint is GK expansion, so it would help the section when GASM leaves

Although I do believe that if they finally expand across the lake, a big Huss ride like a Huss delirium or Giant Frisbee or Jump2 could be a great anchor to the section

They had some kind of crane and something else at the bottom of the pretzel loop. The bad thing about it being closed is that it makes the other lines longer since Superman is so popular. Lines mid afternoon for the major coasters were way longer than I was expecting for a school day in June (Batman and Nitro looked to be around 25 - 30 minutes each). The park emptied out around 5:00 though.

Well if this is the case, it would be kind of funny because the park is sponsored by gum...

They have now installed "Gumdrops" at most of the major coasters right before boarding. I don't have a picture of one, but it is basically like a little cigarette ashtray for gum before you board the coaster. It also states something about gum recycling...is there such a thing? If so, that is pretty disgusting!

I did find it an interesting coincidence that they have these on El Toro right as you board the Stride Gum train!

Phil

PS - I am DEFINITELY on board for more flats at SFGA!!! A Huss giant frisbee swinging out over the lake would be most interesting in addition to more family oriented flats.

^I hope not...

SFGADv needs to get a few relaxing flats as well as some thrilling ones. So a Huss Frisbee or S&S screamin' Swing would definitely do good. The Flying Wave swings, Tango, and even Spin-Miester were good 'filler' rides that could be enjoyed by anyone, so hopefully the park can see these rides coming back. I've really wanted to see the park have a Huss Condor too, but that would be very unlikely. We already got Fantasy Fling and Twister to fill in the "Mission: Space / spin until you're sick" rides.